CT unemployment rate 6.5 percent

Full story: WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut

Connecticut lost 3,600 jobs from September to October, driven partly by a large drop in education and health services positions.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Mar 4, 2009
Hosed by the system

Thompson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 20, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

3

You probably can add about 1-1/5% if not a tad more to that for the REAL total of unemployed.....

The way the government comes up with thier smoke & mirrors figures, its not accurate..........
Hosed by the system

Thompson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 20, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

1-1/2%......sorry.........
David

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 20, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Get jobs you losers.
Mom in Southern CT

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 21, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I'm not surprised. Even my workplace seems to be doing tricky things to see if they can get people to leave.
Consider This

North Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 21, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mom in Southern CT wrote:
I'm not surprised. Even my workplace seems to be doing tricky things to see if they can get people to leave.
Of COURSE they are.

They would have to be INSANE not to.

They know whats coming.



A TRILLION dollars in NEW Govt. spending. Socializing healthcare.
Confiscatory tax rates on businesses.
Capital gains increases.

Their number one goal is to STAY in business and hopfully make a profit,( I know, I know, thats a dirty word) NOT to keep you or me or anyone else employed.

Dow on ELECTION day: 9625
DOW today 11/21/08: 7576
DOW on Jan 20 2009:?????????

Welcome to the OBAMA recession.

Too late to do anything about it now.
west hartford

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 3, 2009
 
the animal from hamden ct.dont deserve
a a treat. for the people we need to know
if we are getting benefits to dec 2009.
west hartford

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 3, 2009
 
who cares about the stock market.
this is for loser david .
from hamden

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

David wrote:
Get jobs you losers.
I have to agree with this one. Even if unemployment is 6.5% that means 93.5% of the population has a job, which, in my mind makes the other 6.5% a bunch of lazy morons.

And i know the argument, you've probably heard it, too: "I was making $60,000 a year and can't find anything at that level." To those people: something beats nothing any day of the week. Even if it's at Burger King.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Consider This wrote:
Welcome to the OBAMA recession.
Too late to do anything about it now.
You have to be a complete moron to believe that. The country's economic decline happened on Bush's watch. We saw it start with oil going upwards of $5 a gallon. Obama just got into office and you're ready to blame him for it? Try again. Try 8 years of mismanaging a country. Blame Bush, he's the one who did it.

He could have saved us trillions. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Drone One

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 4, 2009
 
What is this Pizza?

I must maintain the forests.

Valley Forge, Valley Forge, this is Berkshire, Over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danielson Discussions

Search the Danielson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Best time entertainment scam Jun '14 Ripped Off 1
Best Towns for CT Teens Cluster in Northeast Jun '14 lemmings 1
Deojay Sentenced To Life In Prison (Mar '07) May '14 Zach Deojay 25
New old business opens May '14 Carla 1
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 America Gentleman Samuel 780
ncaa Apr '14 cat country 1
Review: Hair Cuttery Mar '14 Majenta 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Danielson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Danielson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Danielson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Danielson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••