Obama Phones It In
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#1 Sep 6, 2012
with millions of people watching, Mr Hope and Change just had more to the same rhetoric that we have heard for 4 years. After 4 years in office all he can really say is "Damn, this is harder than I thought" (actually he had to have Bill Clinton say it for him. yeah, the liberals loved it, but I dont think that speech was likely to move any undecided voters. It probably didnt even make Chris Matthews tingle.

A weak message delivered well is still a weak message.

When Joe Bidden gives a speech better than Obama, there is something wrong.

Does anyone know where I can get some of that algae to put in my car, because gas was almost $4.00 a gallon this morning.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#2 Sep 6, 2012
Good News for Bubba
Clinton beat out the cowboys and giants in the ratings. Tied with Honey Boo Boo.
sick of it

United States

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Your one of the same little sob's that said I was unpatriotic for not supporting the president when bush was in office dragging our nation into the ground.
Just keep talking to yourself and get ready for four more years of OBAMA.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#4 Sep 7, 2012
sick of it wrote:
Your one of the same little sob's that said I was unpatriotic for not supporting the president when bush was in office dragging our nation into the ground.
Just keep talking to yourself and get ready for four more years of OBAMA.
Why the Hell would I support someone who is spending my country into bankruptcy to support deadbeats and build roads and schools and billion dollar embassys in other countries. Bush and Obama spent like drunken sailors and sent you the bill (assuming you pay taxes) and you just say "Please sir may I have more"
Btw, it was the Chosen One who said it was unpatriotic to run up the national debt and borrow from China.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#5 Sep 7, 2012
It is clear now why Obama just phoned it in last night. He already had the jobs report.
Only 96,000 new jobs created. 396,000 people left the workforce. worker participation in the workforce is only 63%, the lowest in 50 years.
Obama stood on that stage last night knowing that he is done.
good speach

Fayetteville, WV

#6 Sep 7, 2012
I loved the speech
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#7 Sep 7, 2012
good speach wrote:
I loved the speech
It was well delivered, but just the same ole, same ole. My point was that it was not likely to convince any undecided voters. Most people who liked the speech were going to vote for Obama anyway.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#8 Sep 7, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
It was well delivered, but just the same ole, same ole. My point was that it was not likely to convince any undecided voters. Most people who liked the speech were going to vote for Obama anyway.
I can't disagree but I'm going to vote for Obama anyway. Romney/Ryan are terrifying to me. Romney is clueless about government and most of the populace, and Ryan is a bloodless numbers garu. I think there is no limit to the amount of damage they could do.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 7, 2012
Once again..The lesser of two evils..Gets awfully tiresome doesn't it?
sick of it

Twin Lakes, WI

#10 Sep 7, 2012
Shootist wrote:
Once again..The lesser of two evils..Gets awfully tiresome doesn't it?
That beats voting for the better liar.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 7, 2012
sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>
That beats voting for the better liar.
Flip a coin:)
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Sep 7, 2012
Obama! Liar--Liar pants on fire. The devil makes him lie.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't disagree but I'm going to vote for Obama anyway. Romney/Ryan are terrifying to me. Romney is clueless about government and most of the populace, and Ryan is a bloodless numbers garu. I think there is no limit to the amount of damage they could do.
Your name should be changed.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 7, 2012
I wonder if Bill Clinton did Obama any favors with his speech. Clinton's speech was so much stronger than Obama's and highlighted the lack I have felt over the past 3.5 years. For me it showed the difference between how Clinton dealt with congress and Obama's lack of success with his congress. But then I think, well Clinton was dealing with Gingrich and more reasonable moderate Republicans.....the teaparty conservatives weren't in congress then.

The question is, if Romney is elected, are we going to have 4 more years of gridlock...why would the Democrats in the Senate be any kinder to Romney than the Republicans were to Obama? Wouldn't it be smarter to reelect Obama because he can't run again so Republicans would have less incentive to block programs. If they would work with Obama the way Newt & company worked with Clinton (overlooking the fact that they impeached him) wouldn't that put them in a similar position as when George Bush was elected in 2000?

If my son were less vested in having a strong economy I could sit back and enjoy this campaign and the next 4 years so much more. Alas, this is very personal to me.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#15 Sep 7, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
If my son were less vested in having a strong economy I could sit back and enjoy this campaign and the next 4 years so much more. Alas, this is very personal to me.
Then you better get down on your knees and pray Obama does not get back in.......there goes you little cruises right down the Obama money drain.
Are you so selfish that you do not realize how important the outcome of this election is to everyone? There are 12.5 million people unemployed. Tell the miracle worker O to get them all a job now!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 7, 2012
1daydreamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better get down on your knees and pray Obama does not get back in.......there goes you little cruises right down the Obama money drain.
Are you so selfish that you do not realize how important the outcome of this election is to everyone? There are 12.5 million people unemployed. Tell the miracle worker O to get them all a job now!
The problem is, Daydreamer, that I don't think Romney could do any better, and I really can't stand him and his buddy Ryan.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#17 Sep 7, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
I wonder if Bill Clinton did Obama any favors with his speech. Clinton's speech was so much stronger than Obama's and highlighted the lack I have felt over the past 3.5 years. For me it showed the difference between how Clinton dealt with congress and Obama's lack of success with his congress. But then I think, well Clinton was dealing with Gingrich and more reasonable moderate Republicans.....the teaparty conservatives weren't in congress then.
The question is, if Romney is elected, are we going to have 4 more years of gridlock...why would the Democrats in the Senate be any kinder to Romney than the Republicans were to Obama? Wouldn't it be smarter to reelect Obama because he can't run again so Republicans would have less incentive to block programs. If they would work with Obama the way Newt & company worked with Clinton (overlooking the fact that they impeached him) wouldn't that put them in a similar position as when George Bush was elected in 2000?
If my son were less vested in having a strong economy I could sit back and enjoy this campaign and the next 4 years so much more. Alas, this is very personal to me.
More republicans will most likely follow him in as far as Congress is concerned:)
Obama didn't have "gridlock" when the Dems pushed through he Health Care Law, but they did pay a price for it, don't you agree?

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#18 Sep 7, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, Daydreamer, that I don't think Romney could do any better, and I really can't stand him and his buddy Ryan.
Obama tempered some things after HE came into office.. He, like anyone who faces the realities of that job adjust somewhat..
There HAS to be a lot of OJT connected with the Presidency..We can't always get what we want, when we want it.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Sep 7, 2012
Obama had a majority in both the House and Senate to get health care passed. It was only after the teapartiers were elected to the House in 2010 that the Republicans in the Senate began filibustering every bill that came up so that nothing got passed, or anything done for the country.

There's a majority of Republicans in the House...but not in the Senate and not likely to be. If Romney is elected what is to stop the Democrats in the Senate from doing to Romney what the Republicans did to Obama....filibuster every bill...and nothing gets done. Let me remind you that when Romney left office as governor of MA (after 4 years) his approval rating was only 36%....and that was after getting Romney Care passed which was a liberal issue in a liberal state. That doesn't tell me he can do any better as president....it tells me he will do much worse.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#20 Sep 7, 2012
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama tempered some things after HE came into office.. He, like anyone who faces the realities of that job adjust somewhat..
There HAS to be a lot of OJT connected with the Presidency..We can't always get what we want, when we want it.
I don't know what OJT is....guess I'm too old.

I think Obama is much stronger today than when he came into office. I thought then that he didn't have enough experience and that was borne out when he let the House take over the stimulus plan and healthcare. Hillary would have kicked some butt. But after the way he handled bin Laden and Libya I don't think that could happen today. There's something to be said for the experience of an intelligent person who has been sitting in the president's chair for 3.5 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sting Results for Selling to Underage 24 min Billy blanks 6
Where is Billy, Lesson Learned & Informed Citizen? 28 min Vanishing Virtual... 7
Billie Moore Jackson 30 min Mary 39
Disappearing Lanark post 47 min Scrant 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Duh 1,284
white people 4 hr Alien 5
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 4 hr Isabella Fireray 6,516
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daniels Mortgages