Attorneys wrangle over Dania parapleg...

Attorneys wrangle over Dania paraplegic jailed for contempt

There are 29 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 10, 2008, titled Attorneys wrangle over Dania paraplegic jailed for contempt. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Victoria Sando, a paralyzed gunshot victim, remained in the Broward County jail for the 13th day Wednesday despite a flurry of legal wrangling between the state and lawyers for the county Public Defender's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom from Hollywood

AOL

#1 Jan 10, 2008
Too bad the Broward County Gestapo agents don't go after the hardcore felons and violent criminals the way they went after this "serious threat to society". We should expect nothing less of a travesty of justice in a county/state where they prosecute 12 year olds as adults.
There is no justice for the poor.
A worried Citizen

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Jan 10, 2008
Where are the outcries about judicial activism in this case.

This judge should be removed from office!
Not Surprised

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Jan 10, 2008
What would you expect from a judge who is rich enough to be able to BUY her seat by loaning her campaign $260,000 in 2006!
We get what we pay for!
hey moron

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 10, 2008
Tom from Hollywood wrote:
Too bad the Broward County Gestapo agents don't go after the hardcore felons and violent criminals the way they went after this "serious threat to society". We should expect nothing less of a travesty of justice in a county/state where they prosecute 12 year olds as adults.
There is no justice for the poor.
If you hit a person (defenseless)with a bat you have comitted become an "adult violent criminal". Bye-Bye. Tate shows that some folk at a young age show what a peice of *hit they are, because give a second change he will use a gun. Bye Bye little man.
Affriad

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 10, 2008
A worried Citizen wrote:
Where are the outcries about judicial activism in this case.
This judge should be removed from office!
Judge atila the hun, should be disbared. Judges like her make us all affiard to fight for what is right.But it all starts by being a lawyer.
voter

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jan 10, 2008
Not Surprised wrote:
What would you expect from a judge who is rich enough to be able to BUY her seat by loaning her campaign $260,000 in 2006!
We get what we pay for!
I will be working agianst this judge starting today. quit with your pride, I fogot you have no pride.
fred

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 10, 2008
This is DISGRACEFUL !!,the Judge should be held in CONTEMPT !!!!!
What a life

Boynton Beach, FL

#9 Jan 10, 2008
This poor woman was a victim - shot by an ex-boss, left paralyzed, ends up with a jerk for a neighbor, and now lands in jail for missing a court date.

God Bless Amerika - land of the illegal immigrants and home of the rich and corrupt.

I truly hope this judge does not get relected. What is this world coming to?
Great Place

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Jan 10, 2008
We understand she broke the law. But 6 months in jail for pissing off the judge is a little extreme even if she is a parapeligic with multible health issues to boot.
I hope the old bag has a problem with the law when she's not in her god almighty chair of justice for all.

“Disabled doesn't mean can't!”

Since: Dec 06

Fort Lauderdale

#11 Jan 10, 2008
We are all created equal, but some of us are more equal than others!
Jerome

United States

#12 Jan 10, 2008
Judge Garcia Woods is a great Judge, the woman should have shown up for court as required and this would not have been necessary. Why is this so hard to understand?
Zoroaster

Venus, FL

#13 Jan 10, 2008
Great Place wrote:
We understand she broke the law. But 6 months in jail for pissing off the judge is a little extreme even if she is a parapeligic with multible health issues to boot.
I hope the old bag has a problem with the law when she's not in her god almighty chair of justice for all.
Finally and intelligent criticism. The lady didn't show up for her court date and was jailed for contempt. This happens all the time. Doesn't matter if she's disabled or owns a dog named Fudge. Question is, why such a harsh sentence unless there is more to this?

The story obviously is presenting a favorable light on this court date skipper and I'm guessing there is more to her incarceration than is being reported.

A bunny and a dog named Fudge? What does that have to do with anything?
fred

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 10, 2008
Jerome wrote:
Judge Garcia Woods is a great Judge, the woman should have shown up for court as required and this would not have been necessary. Why is this so hard to understand?
You must be related to this cold hearted B****
Zoroaster

Venus, FL

#15 Jan 10, 2008
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be related to this cold hearted B****
So if she guns down her neighbor, we should turn the other way because she is disabled, has a dog named Fudge, and a rabbit named Bun?

If I ever end up in court, I want you on my jury...
Truth shadowed by pity

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Jan 10, 2008
The dog is NOT a service dog; it's a pet. The only friends she has are either niave to her or her drug dealers. This story is complete BS and a sympathy cry for all the lawsuits against her... did you read the 1st article about her? How about why the former boss shot her and then killed himself... get an education on the facts before you make an opinion.
Get rid of Judge and cops

Grand Rapids, MN

#17 Jan 10, 2008
This is the most disgusting and despicable act I have ever heard about. This woman in jail is sick, a victim, and can not be treated as a normal person. It 100% reinforces the fact that the police and the judges are low level vermin. No one in their right mind picks on the down trodden over a ridiculous administrative issue of not showing up in court. I hope the judge becomes wheelchair bound and loses her legs and the cops who inflicted the torture on her rot in hell and get what they deserve. This judge should be removed immediately with her pension eliminated and charges brought huge damages against her.

This is a total disgrace.
Zoroaster

Venus, FL

#18 Jan 10, 2008
Truth shadowed by pity wrote:
The dog is NOT a service dog; it's a pet. The only friends she has are either niave to her or her drug dealers. This story is complete BS and a sympathy cry for all the lawsuits against her... did you read the 1st article about her? How about why the former boss shot her and then killed himself... get an education on the facts before you make an opinion.
Oh! This is that same lady who the Sun-Sentinel wrote about where her housing association wanted her out because of her dog. LOL. come to find out, all she had to do was fill out the paper work but she refused to. What a nut job this lady is. Anyone know the scoop on the ex-boss/shooting. What happened there? I'm sure everything isn't as rosy as they are painting it here.
Zoroaster

Venus, FL

#19 Jan 10, 2008
Get rid of Judge and cops wrote:
This is the most disgusting and despicable act I have ever heard about. This woman in jail is sick, a victim, and can not be treated as a normal person. It 100% reinforces the fact that the police and the judges are low level vermin. No one in their right mind picks on the down trodden over a ridiculous administrative issue of not showing up in court. I hope the judge becomes wheelchair bound and loses her legs and the cops who inflicted the torture on her rot in hell and get what they deserve. This judge should be removed immediately with her pension eliminated and charges brought huge damages against her.
This is a total disgrace.
Save your blood. Let your heart bleed for someone who might deserve it. From what i've been able to dig up, this lady apparently brings on most of what comes her way...
booboo

Miami, FL

#20 Jan 10, 2008
typical stupid judges in broward county, i swear these d@#$%$#, no brains or common sense. lets get riod of the syupid judges here/
booboo

Miami, FL

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Truth shadowed by pity wrote:
/// truth shadow you are a complere A#@$#@!%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 330,753
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Reality Check 1,709,046
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min THESE FARTS 64,473
Gary Farmer owned by Carlson 2 hr TAAM 2
News Naked yoga: Only pants are from exercise (May '09) 21 hr Jon 122
mikaela castleman Wed Internet 1
News Burlington Central H.S. parents rallying to sav... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Meanwhile 1

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages