Dania residents' health worsens amid construction lawsuit

Lueron Dixon, a retired nurse, suffers repeated skin rashes and must take breathing treatments every night to clear her lungs. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Truth and Justice

West Palm Beach, FL

#49 Apr 16, 2008
Are they saying that the brother's colon, liver and lung cancer were caused by this dust?

If you ask me, those folks in the picture don't look like the picture of health in the first place. Maybe if they each dropped fifty pounds, they wouldn't be struggling to breathe... I hardly think that it's conclusive that the construction dust is the cause of their problems.
Truth and Justice

West Palm Beach, FL

#50 Apr 16, 2008
somebody wrote:
I hope your situation gets solved, have hope and believe that with Jesus everything is possible, nothing is impossible with His help.
If Jesus is willing to help, why doesn't Jesus KEEP these things from happening in the first place?! A lotta good Jesus is...
Here in Hollywood

AOL

#52 Apr 16, 2008
ThePoliticalDookie wrote:
This is terrible, I hate to see anybody's hair turned pink.
THATS FUNNY
MCHammer

Lake Worth, FL

#53 Apr 16, 2008
Poor people have poor ways.

MC
Veroni

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#54 Apr 17, 2008
Mangler wrote:
If I knew that I lived next to a dump site ... I'd friggin move. Screw credit or foreclosure (in the current market especially). Health comes before wealth.
Half of me thinks it's their own fault for staying where they knew danger was.
You people act like moving is so easy. It's a lot harder than you think. Why should they have to move anyway? That is where they moved too and that's where they are staying. So when the going gets tough just get up and move. Right. Let's all move because were sick of the Cubans.
Margaret Motheral

Pleasanton, CA

#55 Apr 17, 2008
My neighborhood in Philadelphia is having a similar problem. The city allowed construction on a contaminated site in our residential neighborhood. There has been dust all over for over two years now. I was exposed to nuero-toxins from illegally dumped oils and hydrolic fluids and who knows what else. I always have a cough and I hear other neighbor's cough too. I was displaced from my home for 10 months because I was so sick and the area was so toxic but I can't afford to move and had to move back and I'm getting sicker again.

I constantly call the Air Management and City Council and everybody ignores me and there is NEVER any dust control. A lot of kids and people on the street have no idea of what they are being exposed too, but I hear some neighbors cough. I was closet to the toxic stuff so I got the sickest but I am concerned about long term health risks for myself and my neighbors.

The city has known about this for a long time and has hidden the dangers from the neighbors. It's a politically protected construction site (common in Philadelphia) and this is a classic case of environmental injustice.

I've tried to get to the press but even the press is owned in this town and nobody will talk to me. I have copies of violations and evidence of the contamination. But the dust is starting to build in the last few days and I'm starting to get really sick again and I will be ignored, as usual.
The Truth

Cape Coral, FL

#56 Apr 18, 2008
Veroni wrote:
<quoted text>
You people act like moving is so easy. It's a lot harder than you think. Why should they have to move anyway? That is where they moved too and that's where they are staying. So when the going gets tough just get up and move. Right. Let's all move because were sick of the Cubans.
Shut up assshoooole,

Anyone can move. If you want to move you can move.
The Truth

Cape Coral, FL

#57 Apr 18, 2008
JudgeandJury wrote:
Look at these pathetic pieces of shitttt. Trying to steal from this company by way of a law suit. Look you fuckkking scum bags go back to your piece of shitttt neighborhood and shut your mouths. You represent the lowest of the lowest in Broward County.
Good point Judge,

I see what you mean.
Put your shirt on

Cape Coral, FL

#58 Apr 18, 2008
somebody wrote:
I hope your situation gets solved, have hope and believe that with Jesus everything is possible, nothing is impossible with His help. Pray pray pray is my advice, because prayers change difficulties in life, I can't even imagine what you are going through, but I feel sorry for everything that is happening, and I hope that you can win the legal action petition and buy yourselves a safe home somewhere else, a cuban sister in the Lord.
Number 1) Jesus has been dead for over 2000 years, how can dead man help you?

Number 2) These woman are black bottom feeders from Dania. Don't beleive a word they say.

Number 3) Blacks play the victim so well. They make me sick. Low life at best.

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#59 Apr 18, 2008
OK. I know a person's home is, well there home. However, sometimes things happen that make you need to leave the area ... and living next to a toxic dump site constitutes as one of those reasons. Cruddy neighborhood to start +Down housing market + living next to a toxic dump ... very good reasons to leave and fugget about the mortgage.
Is it easy? No. But neither is dying from infections and exposure to toxins. Which would you chose? Stay in a house because it is your house and you know it's contaminated ... or up and leave and face a hard time but be alive?
Veroni wrote:
<quoted text>
You people act like moving is so easy. It's a lot harder than you think. Why should they have to move anyway? That is where they moved too and that's where they are staying. So when the going gets tough just get up and move. Right. Let's all move because were sick of the Cubans.

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#60 Apr 18, 2008
Marharet - leave. It's not worth it to stay. Can't afford another place? What income do you have that allows you to afford where you are now? Take that income with you across town or somewhere away from the dust. If it means walking away from a mortgage ... well ... 7 years credit worries compared to dying is not much of a comparison. Sue the City later. Live now.
Margaret Motheral wrote:
My neighborhood in Philadelphia is having a similar problem. The city allowed construction on a contaminated site in our residential neighborhood. There has been dust all over for over two years now. I was exposed to nuero-toxins from illegally dumped oils and hydrolic fluids and who knows what else. I always have a cough and I hear other neighbor's cough too. I was displaced from my home for 10 months because I was so sick and the area was so toxic but I can't afford to move and had to move back and I'm getting sicker again.
I constantly call the Air Management and City Council and everybody ignores me and there is NEVER any dust control. A lot of kids and people on the street have no idea of what they are being exposed too, but I hear some neighbors cough. I was closet to the toxic stuff so I got the sickest but I am concerned about long term health risks for myself and my neighbors.
The city has known about this for a long time and has hidden the dangers from the neighbors. It's a politically protected construction site (common in Philadelphia) and this is a classic case of environmental injustice.
I've tried to get to the press but even the press is owned in this town and nobody will talk to me. I have copies of violations and evidence of the contamination. But the dust is starting to build in the last few days and I'm starting to get really sick again and I will be ignored, as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Eric 69,964
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min OBAMA the GENIUS 1,124,646
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min Pearl Jam 306,209
Help 1 hr Joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,478
Locker room 1 hr Joey 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,635
Dania Dating
Find my Match

Dania Jobs

Dania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dania News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dania

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]