Dania residents' health worsens amid ...

Dania residents' health worsens amid construction lawsuit

There are 51 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Dania residents' health worsens amid construction lawsuit. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Lueron Dixon, a retired nurse, suffers repeated skin rashes and must take breathing treatments every night to clear her lungs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Governuh

Falls Church, VA

#2 Apr 16, 2008
This is a disgrace! This staff should be fired, if not jailed! These people are suffering, and its not right. What are the elected officials saying about this?
somebody

Miami, FL

#3 Apr 16, 2008
I hope your situation gets solved, have hope and believe that with Jesus everything is possible, nothing is impossible with His help. Pray pray pray is my advice, because prayers change difficulties in life, I can't even imagine what you are going through, but I feel sorry for everything that is happening, and I hope that you can win the legal action petition and buy yourselves a safe home somewhere else, a cuban sister in the Lord.
DANIA DUMPING

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Apr 16, 2008
The "Good old boys" of Dania politics let the city be a dumping ground for all kinds of tire dumping,illegal debris landfills,chemical pollution etc,that Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale would not accept ! The "BASS PRO" project had to be restored from being a previous Federal "Superfund" site ! The current commission is rolling back many of the community notice and variance protections that were put in place in receht years ! They recently cut back water recharge areas in their building code even when their salt water well field intrusion is probably the worst in South Fla .!!!
bottle water is a scam

Tucson, AZ

#6 Apr 16, 2008
Governuh wrote:
This is a disgrace! This staff should be fired, if not jailed! These people are suffering, and its not right. What are the elected officials saying about this?
yeah they say its true therefore it is! think for yourself!! walk away from the article saying I need more info to develop an opinion! the sun sentinel is not the holy grail and this story had an agenda!! read between the lines "poor black people, screwed by the "man" " the truth is always secondary to liberals ..meaning the sun sentinel!
bubba

Hialeah, FL

#7 Apr 16, 2008
yea, sure ! it made you sick all right,,,, sick of being poor!!!!
quit yer lying. go away. get lost. make yer own money!
you people make me sick!
bubba

Hialeah, FL

#8 Apr 16, 2008
Governuh wrote:
yea sure they are! your an idiot too!
mee

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Apr 16, 2008
Low life lawyers looking to score and typical blacks looking for free money.

How do you sue for lost wages, when you don't work?
TamaracJeff

Memphis, TN

#10 Apr 16, 2008
There isn't a piece of developed lland in the area that doesn't have a "trace" of contaminents! It's not enough to cause the types of problems these people are claiming.
They are merely opportunists trying to take advantage of "the system" and, along with their shyster lawyer, looking to make a fast buck.
God bless America...

Since: Apr 08

Boynton Beach, FL

#11 Apr 16, 2008
This is terrible, I hate to see anybody's hair turned pink.
Soir

Rumney, NH

#13 Apr 16, 2008
The "dust abatement clause" (a pretty much standard clause in some construction contracts) may have not been followed and the City of Dania's Building and Zoning Division, issuer of the building permit (and most likely to have a dust abatement rule as one of the many conditions to the master permit),as well as the private engineering firm inspection services, may not have given a heck about blowing dust which should and could have been sprayed down during dry, dusty conditions as it is pretty much standard practice.
Is the Contractor responsible?
If the ground water could not be used due to it's contaminated state, then potable water should have been procured from the City by the Contractor for dust abatement spraying. But, if no one's pushing the issue, the contractor will just look the other way on it. After all, water costs money.
Of course, proving in court that those unfortunate maladies afflicting those poor people are dust related (as opposed of a result of living too close for too many years to a contaminated dumping site) will be another matter all together.

Since: Dec 07

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2008
TOXIC DUST MY ASSSK......IT WAS JUST SOME COOKIE DUST FROM OPRHA...SHE BLEW ONE OF HER BIG FARTS..........I DO SMELL A GREEDY LAWYER AND GOOD FOR NOTHING LOSERS OUT FOR A QUICK BUCK AT OUR EXPENCE......
Veroni

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Apr 16, 2008
bubba wrote:
yea, sure ! it made you sick all right,,,, sick of being poor!!!!
quit yer lying. go away. get lost. make yer own money!
you people make me sick!
You incompetent fool. Do you think if this was in Boca Raton they would allow this to happen? These developers have the money to take precaution but they didn't. This happens all the time to unfortunate people. you should feel ashamed of yourself.
KIM

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Apr 16, 2008
IF I WAS DYING, AND THE PLACE I WAS LIVING WAS CAUSING ME TO DIE, I'D MOVE, BECAUSE I WANT TO LIVE. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT MY HOUSE, MY VACANT LAND OR ANTHING ELSE. SOME OF LIFE'S DECISIONS ARE TOUGH. THIS ONE IS EASY.
IF YOU MOVE AND GET BETTER, YOU WERE RIGHT.

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood

#18 Apr 16, 2008
DANIA DUMPING wrote:
The "Good old boys" of Dania politics let the city be a dumping ground for all kinds of tire dumping,illegal debris landfills,chemical pollution etc,that Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale would not accept ! The "BASS PRO" project had to be restored from being a previous Federal "Superfund" site ! The current commission is rolling back many of the community notice and variance protections that were put in place in receht years ! They recently cut back water recharge areas in their building code even when their salt water well field intrusion is probably the worst in South Fla .!!!
Yup. You got that right. AND there are alot of more properties soon to be developed that are environmental disasters waiting to happen. To look below their skirts, look at the families that are OLD Dania. This will lead you to some of our elected politicians and well connected realtors. Sound familiar???
DAS

Spartanburg, SC

#19 Apr 16, 2008
WHAT ? NOT PASSIVE SMOKE? geezzzzzzzzzz who would have ever thought its not from a SMOKER
AAA

Hialeah, FL

#20 Apr 16, 2008
I guess everyone would have been happier if the city had left the field as an illegal dump. This shows what is wrong with our legal system.
Broward is a toilet

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Apr 16, 2008
Have you seen that neighborhood? It is the dump. It is more contaminated than that construction site was, is and will ever be. That hood is where they should take the soil samples. The people who live in the surrounding areas near that neighborhood should sue them for destroying their property values and diminishing their quality of life.
Skeptic

Boca Raton, FL

#22 Apr 16, 2008
Veroni wrote:
<quoted text>
You incompetent fool. Do you think if this was in Boca Raton they would allow this to happen? These developers have the money to take precaution but they didn't. This happens all the time to unfortunate people. you should feel ashamed of yourself.
Hey incompetent and gullible idiot. Don't believe everything you read. You have to be very leery of things you hear from the scum-slantenel, lawyers and the black community. No one is saying they are false but these three do not have much credibility in the truthfulness department.
ugly

West Palm Beach, FL

#23 Apr 16, 2008
DANIA DUMPING wrote:
Dania Beach, New Jersey.
ugly

West Palm Beach, FL

#24 Apr 16, 2008
Broward is a toilet wrote:
Have you seen that neighborhood? It is the dump. It is more contaminated than that construction site was, is and will ever be. That hood is where they should take the soil samples. The people who live in the surrounding areas near that neighborhood should sue them for destroying their property values and diminishing their quality of life.
So you think all of Broward is like that neighborhood? You must live there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,384,383
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 98,047
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 59,546
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ffj 311,222
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 70,614
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Mon dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 72,026
News One Person Hurt In Miami Gardens Shooting Sun Up with Hope 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages