Vehicle with body inside found in Dan...

Vehicle with body inside found in Dania canal -- Fort Lauderdal...

There are 40 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 1, 2008, titled Vehicle with body inside found in Dania canal -- Fort Lauderdal.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Broward sheriff's divers discovered a body inside a vehicle submerged in a canal Tuesday morning, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hertz counter rep

United States

#26 Apr 1, 2008
Mr Schwinnckle wrote:
So does the dead man live in Malaluca Gardens? I mean this neighborhood only has 2 ways in and out and both are on New Griffin Road. I looked at the area on google maps and how do you get your car in a canal when there are houses on both sides of the street between the street and the canal? Great Reporting Sun Sentinel!
Via Old Griffin Rd. Officer Fondo is still signing autographs in that part of the hood.
cut taxes

Delray Beach, FL

#27 Apr 1, 2008
John Boom wrote:
dont know why more canals are not searched, so many cars down there with a lot of mysteries im sure will be solved. Insurance fraud, bodies like this one, you name it. I bet someone could make a lot of money, like a PI or someone, by solving all these cases simply by searching the canals.
Canals are Florida's tool of Darwinism. It would take too much of my tax dollars to search canals. Let the cars sit down there for decades. Make insurance companies pay for the recovery, dont use my precious tax dollars.
Mr Schwinnckle

United States

#28 Apr 1, 2008
Hertz counter rep wrote:
<quoted text>Via Old Griffin Rd. Officer Fondo is still signing autographs in that part of the hood.
YEs, that would be the only way to get into the canal from there. But the Stupid Sentinel doesnt tell you that it was in the 1200 block of Old Griffin Road which would tell everyone where the location actually is. Instead they tell you Melaluca Gardens. Such great reporting on the Sentinels part. That makes 2 cars in the canal so far this year. One was lucky enough to get out and the car was only partially in. I drive the road daily on the way to pick up my kid.

“We were all made in Gods Image”

Since: Apr 07

Sunrise, Florida

#29 Apr 1, 2008
Sink Cuba wrote:
i less julio collecting welfare
What a horrible thing to say about someone who died in a tragic accident.

“Clinging to 'em since 1776”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#31 Apr 1, 2008
Ummm, hello??!!?!

They FOUND this one; it was in the canal less than a day, probably closer to 12 hours. Are some of you suggesting that there be some sort of intrusion alarm on every canal? Why not, we have them for pools, after all?

Since: Mar 08

Miami, FL

#32 Apr 1, 2008
Perhaps one of the smugglers' subs retrofitted w/ sidescan sonar will come out on sinko de mayo to seek out the 'disappeared' masses. Hallelujah!
Mr Schwinnckle

United States

#33 Apr 2, 2008
Here is the updated story. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/browar...

Only thing is that this happened on OLD Griffin Road not Griffin Road.

Now here is my thought on the whole thing. Why was a 61 yr old man going out to dinner alone? Especially when he had family that he told he was going to dinner. Why was he in Dania Beach? Where did he eat and did he eat before this or was it after he ate? Maybe he wanted to come to Dania Beach to get a little action on US-1 and eat at the Y and have a box dinner? Maybe they should put up guard rails all along Old Griffin Road?
Sink Cuba

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#34 Apr 2, 2008
We Are All Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you. I appreciate your approval
dead bodys daddy

Boca Raton, FL

#35 Apr 2, 2008
We Are All Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. How dare you say that about my son.
Bob Greasy

Manistee, MI

#36 Apr 2, 2008
dead bodys daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. How dare you say that about my son.
You should have taught him to swim.
dead bodys daddy

Boca Raton, FL

#37 Apr 3, 2008
Bob Greasy wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have taught him to swim.
I taught him how to float face down. He never got the hang of anything else.
Sink Cuba

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#38 Apr 4, 2008
Use big lips for floatation device.
Mr Schwinnckle

United States

#39 Apr 5, 2008
Sink Cuba wrote:
Use big lips for floatation device.
He was white not black you idiot!
Sink Cuba

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#40 Apr 5, 2008
Mr Schwinnckle wrote:
<quoted text>
He was white not black you idiot!
kiss my schwinnckle..right between the cherry stones

“We were all made in Gods Image”

Since: Apr 07

Sunrise, Florida

#41 Apr 7, 2008
Sink Cuba wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you. I appreciate your approval
You like being a smarty pants?
Mr Schwinnckle

United States

#42 Apr 8, 2008
Sink Cuba wrote:
<quoted text>
kiss my schwinnckle..right between the cherry stones
Bring em to Dania Beach Blvd and US-1 and bear them for all to see and I will kiss them gladly. Better yet goto Triangle Village and bear it for all them to see. I am sure someone there will take you up on your offer of kissing your balls.

Miami, FL

#43 Apr 8, 2008
Just made the cross-alley and back trip today. Saw at least 50 gators with big-belly smiles.
Mr Schwinnckle

United States

#44 Apr 11, 2008
SFLA wrote:
Just made the cross-alley and back trip today. Saw at least 50 gators with big-belly smiles.
And just how does this relate to this article?

Miami, FL

#45 Apr 12, 2008
Exactly! Precisely!! If racism, ball-kissing, and Elvis are involved, just imagine how many cars would be in the cross-FLA canal w/out the fence in place. The same fence traps most of the otherwise roaming animals right into gator feeding holes, with no chance of mechanical misfunction/loss of control results interupting the meals and sunning!
Wished I was a FLORIDA GATOR!!

Miami, FL

#46 Apr 12, 2008
I said it's Great to Be a Florida Gator!!

Thank you Mr. Moderator:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min The Mark Johnson ... 330,990
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Chuckles-Divine 1,710,292
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr FIDDLE FARTS 64,481
Looking for house to rent! 23 hr Newtoavonpark 1
Gary Farmer owned by Carlson Fri TAAM 2
News Naked yoga: Only pants are from exercise (May '09) Feb 22 Jon 122
News Burlington Central H.S. parents rallying to sav... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Meanwhile 1

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages