Vehicle with body inside found in Dania canal -- Fort Lauderdal...

Broward sheriff's divers discovered a body inside a vehicle submerged in a canal Tuesday morning, officials said. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Boom

United States

#3 Apr 1, 2008
dont know why more canals are not searched, so many cars down there with a lot of mysteries im sure will be solved. Insurance fraud, bodies like this one, you name it. I bet someone could make a lot of money, like a PI or someone, by solving all these cases simply by searching the canals.
COFFEE TALK

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Apr 1, 2008
Reminds me I have an appointment for a root canal today. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Sink Cuba

Hollywood, FL

#5 Apr 1, 2008
i less julio collecting welfare
The King of all Posters

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Apr 1, 2008
Was it in the Dania Cut-Off Canal or a side canal?
oysterbone

United States

#7 Apr 1, 2008
Ya think it was Jimbo the county plumber? sorry, ex-county plumber.
COUNTRY BOY

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Apr 1, 2008
The King of all Posters wrote:
Was it in the Dania Cut-Off Canal or a side canal?
Was the car backed in or head first?
"Give me a break!"
dead bodys daddy

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Apr 1, 2008
He was a good dead body, always helpin his mommy's dead body around the house. Made the dead body dean's list for the first time...
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Apr 1, 2008
We're collecting a lot of those these days...
Hey Now

San Josť, Costa Rica

#11 Apr 1, 2008
Is the car salvagable?
BLUB Blub blub

Boynton Beach, FL

#12 Apr 1, 2008
Was their any water in this canal?
lawrence Welk

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 1, 2008
I think I saw Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis driving out of Burger King drive Thru, right into the canal. Elvis's weight made them sink faster
Sentinel Blaster

Redmond, WA

#15 Apr 1, 2008
Captain Cornhole wrote:
Where o where is concerned one ?
LOL. Just wait. the concerned one will surely have some type of input on this one also..
Bob Greasy

Manistee, MI

#16 Apr 1, 2008
Captain Cornhole wrote:
Where o where is concerned one ?
Maybe it was him in the canal.
DAS

United States

#17 Apr 1, 2008
And people with pools MUST HAVE A FENCE AROUND THEM,THE STATE NEEDS NO FENCES,GUARDRAILS ,NOTHING...THEY ARE KING........
GOOD POINT JOHN

Fort Pierce, FL

#18 Apr 1, 2008
John Boom wrote:
dont know why more canals are not searched, so many cars down there with a lot of mysteries im sure will be solved. Insurance fraud, bodies like this one, you name it. I bet someone could make a lot of money, like a PI or someone, by solving all these cases simply by searching the canals.
you have made an excellent point, like many families who have lost loved ones to canals here in Florida.

There is a high cost of doing this safely. From divers, tow trucks, support staff on shore with EMS, maybe a trapper or two for snakes and gators and DEP should also be on scene for water pollutants.

I don't think there is much $$ to be made in cases like this. If there is then SIGN ME UP, I'll toss a hook in the water and see what we can pull up, or get a real expensive sonar rig and camera that goes under water and BINGO, maybe we find HOFFA!!!
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Apr 1, 2008
GOOD POINT JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
you have made an excellent point, like many families who have lost loved ones to canals here in Florida.
There is a high cost of doing this safely. From divers, tow trucks, support staff on shore with EMS, maybe a trapper or two for snakes and gators and DEP should also be on scene for water pollutants.
I don't think there is much $$ to be made in cases like this. If there is then SIGN ME UP, I'll toss a hook in the water and see what we can pull up, or get a real expensive sonar rig and camera that goes under water and BINGO, maybe we find HOFFA!!!
Doesn't it seem like there would be some type of technology we could use to make it a snap to search the canals? Metal detectors or imaging equipment of some type?
empty tank

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Apr 1, 2008
How much gas was in the tank, can I have it.
Mr Schwinnckle

United States

#21 Apr 1, 2008
So does the dead man live in Malaluca Gardens? I mean this neighborhood only has 2 ways in and out and both are on New Griffin Road. I looked at the area on google maps and how do you get your car in a canal when there are houses on both sides of the street between the street and the canal? Great Reporting Sun Sentinel!
Mark

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Apr 1, 2008
empty tank wrote:
How much gas was in the tank, can I have it.
Just ask. Maybe the county will let you have it. You WILL have to pay tax on it, I'm sure.
hmmmmm

Jupiter, FL

#23 Apr 1, 2008
dead bodys daddy wrote:
He was a good dead body, always helpin his mommy's dead body around the house. Made the dead body dean's list for the first time...
- and you know he sang in the church choir!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,206,579
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min scirocco 69,305
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min ritedownthemiddle 52,293
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ACTUALLY 309,245
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 19 hr zazz 97,000
News Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) Sat FFS- 54,567
News Hollywood firefighter, paramedic John McMillan ... Sat Lois Mcmillan Tho... 1
Dania Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]