Broward County parks that may close o...

Broward County parks that may close on Tuesdays

There are 7 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 6, 2008, titled Broward County parks that may close on Tuesdays. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Beginning Oct. 1, if commissioners agree, these regional parks, nature centers and natural areas would close on Tuesdays: Boaters Park, north side of the Dania Cutoff Canal, west of Ravenswood Road/Anglers ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

TTesterman

AOL

#1 Sep 7, 2008
so we shut our parks now??? what a joke!!! Seems that the 'People' in charge cannot even balance a check book for our state. How much are we giving away by leasing out alligator alley?? We do need some real answers and real changes soon. Why not do a story on how crowded our jail is and when there is no more room at the Inn where do they go?? maybe you could let them go to the park...
A1ACharles Sees Hypocrisy

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Sep 7, 2008
Quiet Waters???????

NOOOOOOooooooooooooooo ..
cut all taxes

Fryeburg, ME

#3 Sep 7, 2008
Close the Parks, save my taxes. If you want them then YOU pay.
John

Pomona, NY

#4 Sep 7, 2008
cut all taxes wrote:
Close the Parks, save my taxes. If you want them then YOU pay.
Spoken like a true idiot. If you don't like it here move to Russia.
TLW

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Sep 7, 2008
To save a huge amount of money, just stop lighting the County parking areas, turn off the "decorative" lights in all the County facilities, have closing time occur before the sun goes down, and turn off the "security" lights, too. Lights don't provide security, they just light the way for the criminals! The wild animals that live in the parks would be so grateful for natural darkness. Think of all the energy that would be saved, too!
TreeHugger

United States

#6 Sep 7, 2008
there you go - a sensible answer to a ridiculous suggestion - close the parks one day a week.....
TLW wrote:
To save a huge amount of money, just stop lighting the County parking areas, turn off the "decorative" lights in all the County facilities, have closing time occur before the sun goes down, and turn off the "security" lights, too. Lights don't provide security, they just light the way for the criminals! The wild animals that live in the parks would be so grateful for natural darkness. Think of all the energy that would be saved, too!

Since: Jul 07

Miami, Florida

#7 Oct 11, 2008
I work Tuesdays like most Americans. Personally, I see a limited downside since the parks ARE OPEN on weekends when people use them and generate revenue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min sonicfilter 1,250,197
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min OzRitz 53,903
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min Ratloder 70,130
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 97,395
Review: Lakes Mall Dental Center PA 17 hr William 10
Boy in miami 19 hr Skywalker 9
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro Mon theoldestguyonearth 76
More from around the web

Dania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages