Man seriously injured in Davie boat c...

Man seriously injured in Davie boat crash dies

There are 48 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Man seriously injured in Davie boat crash dies. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Authorities said the Hollywood man who was seriously injured when his speedboat crashed in a canal, at State Road 7 and Orange Drive, died from his injuries at Memorial Regional Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chuck

Cape Coral, FL

#49 Oct 13, 2007
Michelle-Marks sister wrote:
I have read each and every comment made in this section. I do agree what my brother did was very stupid and irresponsible. He has paid the ultimate price for his actions. However, those of you who trash my brother with comments like "shoulda ducked" and call him retarded and a drunk don't know anything about him and what kind of person he really was. He was a great father, husband, son and brother as well as one of the most giving and loving men I have ever had the privilege to know. He was the flower guy at 595 & Nob Hill for many years and will be geatly missed. Even in death he was able to save 4 lucky lives thru organ donation (and yes, his organs were tested extensively and able to be donated). He battled alcoholism for many years and unfortunately lost the battle. I wish any of you could have met my brother. You would then be able to see what a wonderful person he really was. I wish people would take the time to really look in the mrror before making comments like these. He had children and a large family who will one day read these comments and be hurt all over again. This is a loss our family will never recover from and love and miss Mark dearly.
Your point is well taken and you also show much class by making your points. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am winning my batle with alcohol by having stayed sober. This Thanksgiving it will be 20 years to the date. It was not easy though.
friend

Homer, GA

#51 Oct 15, 2007
concerned one wrote:
Yeah, but...he's still dead.<quoted text>
And you are a heartless skumbag!
Ronnie

Schaumburg, IL

#53 Oct 16, 2007
As my sister so eloquently put, to judge my brother's life by this rash and irresponsible act that took his life is to miss the beautiful and giving man that was my brother. I myself used to make snap judgements on others' careless acts. I can never again be so arrogant. Beyond the paragraph describing the incident is a family deep in mourning. I was blessed to have my brother in my life for his too short 37 years. I pray I can be half the human being my brother was. I used to say that he would give the shirt off his back to help someone in need. I was wrong. He gave the heart from his chest. And his was a strong, giving, and loving heart. I ask that we all do not confuse this action with the man. He was so much more and will forever be missed by those blessed to have shared in his life. I love you My Brother.
sharri

AOL

#54 Nov 3, 2007
Mark was A loving,caring and compassionate person , He made A bad decision to take out that boat and now my sister and 3 children ranging from the ages 15 ,11 and 6 have deal with this every single night , his mother, father and siblings have to deal with the fact they will never see mark as well as my husband and I ever again. There is a reason for everything they say and that every hair on your head is numbered I myself don't know about that. All I do know is that this place we call earth has lost a beautiful lively man and heaven gained one of the best angels there will ever be .(FOR MARK) I love you mark and I know we have had our INS AND OUTS (HAHA)and you know what I mean , but I want ya too know that I have always thought you were great for my sister and I know you loved her dearly and the kids , I can't stop missing you mark but I know you're here and you're watching over all of us so hears a toast to you my brother and friend may you be free as a bird and dont stop rockin see ya at the of the yellow brick road
Love ya , sharri
COPS

Cape Coral, FL

#56 Nov 7, 2007
concerned one wrote:
YOU ARE A HEARTLESS BRAINLESS INSENSITIVE SOB
COPS

Cape Coral, FL

#57 Nov 7, 2007
concerned one wrote:
YOU ARE HEARTLESS
tug

Kapolei, HI

#59 Nov 10, 2007
some people do not belong in the water. Except for taking a bath with his rubber duckie he was a menace in the water. We are lucky he did not kill anyone else.I am tir ed of reading all of these stories about such great people that speed and kill on the highway and water.They are ALL irresponsible and a danger to their fellow man.
Mike L

Hialeah, FL

#60 Dec 2, 2007
I just learned of Mark's passing today while purchasing flowers to take to Sean Taylor's home in Miami (another terribly sad story of a young man with so much to live for). I had asked the two gentlemen where Mark was, because I have purchased flowers from him for my wife regularly, and hadnít seen him in some time. They told me what had happened. I am so sorry for your loss. I just want you to know that, thru small talk over the years, I got to know Mark. He truly was a good man. He loved his family, and he was a very caring person. No doubt he is in heaven. I will miss him. God rest his soul. We will keep Mark and his family in our thoughts and prayers. He will be missed by hundreds of people, I assure you! May I suggest a memorial marker be placed where the van is regularly parked on Nob Hill Road? I am certain that there are hundreds of folks that have no idea of his passing. Someone should attend a city council meeting and propose this.!!! He was a fixture in Plantation, and I believe a memorial marker or plaque is absolutely in order. Mike

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Notliz 1,643,670
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min June VanDerMark 320,385
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,155
Hey Coward Jew Boy >> Yeah You Israel Wed operation gladio 4
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Nov 21 zazz 98,588
News Kara Lundgren Appointed General Manager of Circ... Nov 20 joyce reiner 2
News Burlington Central H.S. parents rallying to sav... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Meanwhile 1

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages