Man seriously injured in Davie boat c...

Man seriously injured in Davie boat crash dies

There are 48 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Man seriously injured in Davie boat crash dies. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Authorities said the Hollywood man who was seriously injured when his speedboat crashed in a canal, at State Road 7 and Orange Drive, died from his injuries at Memorial Regional Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WOW

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2007
Poor guy... Alcohol and boats don't mix! It's a blessing no one else was on board.
Pompano

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2007
They should put lights on those pipes and paint them bright yellow. I'm not blaming anyone except for the drunken boater - but this could probably happen to anybody driving down this canal at night.
Mike

Horsham, PA

#4 Oct 3, 2007
Dumbass!!
KEVIN

Biloxi, MS

#6 Oct 3, 2007
all charges dropped for lack of someone to charge.
Bud Lite

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Oct 3, 2007
Where is the lame "concerned One". Maybe he only does auto vehicle crashes.
Frank

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Oct 3, 2007
An unfortunate " Darwin Award " winner of the week
just another opinion

United States

#9 Oct 3, 2007
mess with da fishes, sleep w/da fishes.

50mph in a no wake zone. rip stupid as*
just another opinion

United States

#10 Oct 3, 2007
Pompano wrote:
They should put lights on those pipes and paint them bright yellow. I'm not blaming anyone except for the drunken boater - but this could probably happen to anybody driving down this canal at night.
no wake = 5 mph... if u can't see well at 5 mph go walking instead
Pompano

United States

#11 Oct 3, 2007
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
how 'bout not driving down a canal if you can't see? how 'bout not driving down a canal if you do not have the ability to illuminate the area in front of your motor boat. how 'bout not speeding down a canal in a motor boat. how 'bout not operating a motor boat while intoxicated? how 'bout "local rules apply"? I am wee-tod-ed.
how 'bout you kiss my ***!
Chuck

Cape Coral, FL

#12 Oct 3, 2007
Bud Lite wrote:
take a look at post 5 and 3 and you will find him. By the way do you remember "Mrs Budweiser" that bad to the bone speed boat?
GoLd 2furs

Boynton Beach, FL

#13 Oct 3, 2007
Pompano wrote:
IT DOESN'T NEED LIGHTS AND PAINT NOW, IT'S COVERED IN FLIES AND BUZZARDS.
Shiesse

Tucson, AZ

#15 Oct 3, 2007
The boat he crashed was called "Miller Time"!

What was the last thing to go through his mind?

The pipe!
AsISeeIt

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Oct 3, 2007
Where was FWC (Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission)? Why are they never out on the water anymore on patrol? There is no enforcement of boating law these days.

I miss the old Florida Marine Patrol. Bring back the guys in black and grey.
stinky

Hollywood, FL

#17 Oct 3, 2007
Pompano wrote:
Another fool has spoken.
Bud Lite

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Oct 3, 2007
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> take a look at post 5 and 3 and you will find him. By the way do you remember "Mrs Budweiser" that bad to the bone speed boat?
Oh yeah. Just about anything Bud put its name on tends to be REAL fast.And I shoulda checked the posts-this guy follows crashes like a trial lawyer.
Real American

Hollywood, FL

#21 Oct 3, 2007
what a shame.
his own fault, but just goes to show that alcohol and motorized items do not mix.
Billy Bob

San Jose, CA

#22 Oct 3, 2007
Bud Lite wrote:
I think it is terrible that he died.

Liked your post.
So Fla Drivers Bite

Jupiter, FL

#23 Oct 3, 2007
Terrible tragedy for his family.
I'm betting this guy drove like a jerk on the roads too with no respect for human life. Oh well, 1 down, half a million to go.
No Wake means NO WAKE. It's set for a reason. The boat traffic on the waterways here is getting as bad as the roads and you NEVER see law enforcement anywhere other than the Intracoastal near the port.
So Fla Drivers Bite

Jupiter, FL

#24 Oct 3, 2007
AMEN concerned one! WELL SAID!
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
how 'bout not driving down a canal if you can't see? how 'bout not driving down a canal if you do not have the ability to illuminate the area in front of your motor boat. how 'bout not speeding down a canal in a motor boat. how 'bout not operating a motor boat while intoxicated? how 'bout "local rules apply"? I am wee-tod-ed.
BuddaBing

Mumbai, India

#25 Oct 4, 2007
But was he wearing his life vest?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Stragglers 1,603,028
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Freedomofexpression 317,610
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,518
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) Sat tlclost57 264
News Burlington Central H.S. parents rallying to sav... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Meanwhile 1
News One speed hump not enough in Dania Beach neighb... (Mar '08) Jun '16 Christina 7

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages