Dania Beach looks at redevelopment plan

Dania Beach looks at redevelopment plan

There are 8 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Dania Beach looks at redevelopment plan. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dania Beach commissioners at a special meeting of the Community Redevelopment Agency reviewed a draft of an ambitious plan to combat blight and expand the CRA district with $250 million of capital improvement ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Get R Done

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 15, 2009
something is better than nothing, which has been happening for years around here. Get rid of the Pirates Inn and all the buildings for sale next to it. Make it a vacent lot with chain link fence around it. Demolish the Dania Beach Motel and fence it in too. Better yet make it a park. Then demo the San Seue motel and fence it in.
So Right

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Mar 15, 2009
You can invest billions in Dania, but if you only have poor, crime committing residents, it won't help.
Why

Miami, FL

#3 Mar 15, 2009
put lipstick on a pig? I mean it does have some good areas in the Northeast and Southeast sections but since forclosures, the section West of US-1 and East of the tracks (lisa young's neighborhood) has gone further downhill. It was making a comeback with help from the Star Center but now is looking run down again.
Wise Guy

AOL

#4 Mar 15, 2009
There should be a poster of Hollywood city hall in Dania city hall to remind them of what abuse, waste, stupidity, and special interest handouts can do.

“People First”

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood

#5 Mar 16, 2009
Wise Guy wrote:
There should be a poster of Hollywood city hall in Dania city hall to remind them of what abuse, waste, stupidity, and special interest handouts can do.
Absolutely correct sir!
What's the plan on Griffen Road, since Mi casa Su Casa is being forced to close because it doesn't fit the 'City Codes'? What happened to the 'Grandfather' clause, that was un-incorporated Ft Lauderdale before being annexed several years ago. Large piece of property, mmm...
Wise Guy

AOL

#6 Mar 16, 2009
West Hollywood Dissident wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct sir!
What's the plan on Griffen Road, since Mi casa Su Casa is being forced to close because it doesn't fit the 'City Codes'? What happened to the 'Grandfather' clause, that was un-incorporated Ft Lauderdale before being annexed several years ago. Large piece of property, mmm...
I'm not sure what the plan is on Griffin Rd.other than some new complexes are going up near 95. They definetely need something more tha they have in that area.

The building you're referring to looks like it melting or something. Hard to imagine it meets code just based on the way it looks. I've actually wondered seriously about the structural integrity of the place. It used to be Celito Lindo then changed hands a few years ago.
old floridian

AOL

#7 Mar 16, 2009
A neighbor of ours went to some of the community meetings the city held before writing out this plan. It seems well thought out and the marine industry is behind it. Wouldn't that be something if little Dania Beach becomes a big player in the local marine industry?

“People First”

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Wise Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what the plan is on Griffin Rd.other than some new complexes are going up near 95. They definetely need something more tha they have in that area.
The building you're referring to looks like it melting or something. Hard to imagine it meets code just based on the way it looks. I've actually wondered seriously about the structural integrity of the place. It used to be Celito Lindo then changed hands a few years ago.
Yeah I remember Cielito Lindo, then it became Mi Casa two years after the present owners got out of that bad deal for the naming rights. I think that was 1998 or so, just needs a new roof, the paint job killed the shingles, but it didn't cause leaks.
Josie's is having a hard time with Dania CE also. Makes me wonder what kind of deal is working 'Hollyhood' style behind the scene, lot's of highway frontage at stake there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 47 min Joy 1,600,082
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Freedomofexpression 317,440
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr zazz 98,515
News Federal agents raid Florida Career College (Oct '07) Mon Victorr feliu 246
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Into The Night 63,970
nick cage Sep 16 ubie 1
ron pearlman Sep 16 ubie 1

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages