Police shootings in Broward and Dade ...

Police shootings in Broward and Dade counties

There are 5 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 12, 2006, titled Police shootings in Broward and Dade counties. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A list of some of the shootings of police officers that have occurred in Broward and Miami-Dade counties over the past 20 years: Broward Police Shootings Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

PLEASE

Miami, FL

#1 Sep 14, 2007
For the love of god SUN-SENTINEL, if you are going to post the name of a particular deputy shot and killed in the line of duty, lets say one on April 6, 2003, atleast have the sense to SPELL HIS NAME CORRECTLY!! Such an embarassment!
Springster

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Sep 14, 2007
Yes, and here, too:

"...he returns a shot which landed between the officer's body army."

Another obvious error. And if I recall the case, the suspect didn't "return" fire. He fired at Bryant first during a foot pursuit. The bullet entered between his body armor and body.

I was in the police academy at that time and my class attended his funeral.
sloppy work sun sentinel

Miami, FL

#3 Sep 14, 2007
Let's see Sun Sentinel...You really shoudn't bother if you are going to be this sloppy:

Strzalkowski was killed Nov 28, 1988 and then again on Nov 28, 1998????(wrong...it was Boles and Strzalkowski in 1988)

Curlette was killed on April 1, 1976 and then again on Nov 28, 1988????(wrong again...that 1988 was Boles and Strzalkowski)

Your notes are obviously getting mixed up but a simple proofread would have prevented this.

Also, off the top of my head you forgot, to mention a few....Scott Rakow of Miami Beach PD., the Hialeah Officer shot through the door who had just come back to being a police officer after being a state attorney, The female metro detective shot during a robbery attempt...Galt I think?.... and Metro Officer Seidlin.....The officer from a small dept (something gardens...north of the airport in miami) who was shot on a traffic stop. Deputy Greeney on broward Boulevard, Deputy Behan on Hallandale beach Boulevard,

You guys had basically the same story with only some freshening up throughout the day....far from complete coverage until today.
Smoker

AOL

#4 Sep 15, 2007
No Love Lossed
Attention Editor

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Sep 22, 2007
This page needs A LOT OF EDITING. It is full of inconsistencies, mix-ups, and incorrect facts. Your readers, particularly those wearing a badge, may get the idea that keeping this sacred information is not very high on your list of priorities. C'mon Sun-Sentinel- Get it right!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,521,069
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min Junket 313,936
Manuel 22 hr Curious 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sat Lavon affair 71,283
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sat Patty Myers 8,138
News Dania Beach opts for silence to avoid devil prayer (Oct '15) Apr 20 Vivek Golikeri 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 20 Patriot AKA Bozo 63,620

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages