James Billie: Born as outcast, leader...

James Billie: Born as outcast, leader still very much a man alone

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 7, 2008, titled James Billie: Born as outcast, leader still very much a man alone. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

He was born in Dania, in a chickee hut behind the old Chimpanzee Farm on North Federal Highway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Perry Campanella

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Sep 4, 2008
This story is heart wrenching and deserves to be preserved, as,
with Stand Watie stories. Soon Donovan Harrison ( a half breed)
Author of 'Last To Surrender' and now being reviewed by Indian Cleve Baker of the 'Renagade Resturant' at the Hard Rock Hotel. I like to read Historical, historical fiction and you will also. My hat is off to all that write and preserve Indian Literature.
Visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/StandWatie1865

to this
Haywood Jablomey

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jun 8, 2009
an excellent read! glad i stumbled across it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min JRB 1,601,559
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min zach 317,506
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,517
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974
News Burlington Central H.S. parents rallying to sav... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Meanwhile 1
News One speed hump not enough in Dania Beach neighb... (Mar '08) Jun '16 Christina 7
News Attorneys wrangle over Dania paraplegic jailed ... (Jan '08) Jul '14 stephe 29

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages