Dania faces airport expansion fight alone

Jan 13, 2009 Full story: SouthFlorida.com

One by one, white flags are being raised in the battle against what some are calling the inevitable: A longer south runway at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Full Story

“All Politics, All the Time”

Since: Aug 08

United States

#1 Jan 23, 2009
I want to know when the commercial flights out of FLL started flying regular patterns over Cooper City? When I first moved here, there wasn't much plane traffic except for the bi-plane advertising pizza every weekend with his banner. There was the occasional commercial plane when they had to be re-routed. Now it's nearly constant, a lot at night, amd they fly so low I could swear they're about to crash land in my neighborhood (from the NOISE). Was there a public hearing about a change in flight patterns and I missed it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 51 min Tony Rome 1,111,067
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 305,715
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 3 hr CROW 2,514
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr mdbuilder 46,843
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Eric 69,427
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr TRD 68,522
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 14 hr noshellswill 2,977
•••
•••
•••

Dania Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dania News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dania