Campaign laws broken in attack fliers...

Campaign laws broken in attack fliers, Dania candidates say; le...

There are 25 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Campaign laws broken in attack fliers, Dania candidates say; le.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The anonymous attack fliers started arriving in mailboxes the weekend before Tuesday's municipal election, dirtying up an otherwise clean campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gadfly

Hialeah, FL

#1 Mar 14, 2009
McElyea is, and always has been, a scum bag dating way back prior to the time he shot that young boy and found a way of getting off on the charges. Why the people in Dania continue to vote this jerk into office is beyond comprehension. I hope the opposition pushed forward with their intended legal action.
Wise Guy

AOL

#2 Mar 14, 2009
I received only one flyer from a legit candidate and one other warning about a candidate taking big bucks from special interest. I received NOTHING from government about the election. It makes the entire election process seem like a sham.

The special interests win and the people lose. Only a few lines about each candidate in the SS. I wonder how anyone made a reasonable choice on who to vote for. Some election.

I can't wait to see high rises springing up on the beachfront in Dania, just like hollywood and hallandale what beach.
Wake Up Dania

Gainesville, FL

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Dania needs to wake up and stop voting back in the old people that have ruined Dania. It is sad to see the manipulation and fear that is instilled in the residents, especially the neighborhood by the airport, most of them are paranoid and angry and are told not to trust any newcomer. Bob Mikes and Jay Field made fliers and passd them around about Duke that were full of lies. McElyea mail piece and the one against Duke are identical on the bottom backside. She is right, it has the same font, even same mail house and union bug from Image Plus Graphics. It must have been expensive to do and McElyea and his crooked towing company probably paid cash for it to someone. Duke had a lot of support and won despite the endless attacks against him. Hankerson was blinded sided too, by scared and small minded people who don't want their golden goose touched. Too bad, time to review the ordinance that talks about our towing contract and send this guy to jail.
R Warren

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Mar 14, 2009
In Plantation, "unknown" wealthy manipulators, mailed postcards slandering a sitting councilman inorder to elect their chosen candidate that had been bought and paid for. Ask the Mayor, she knows all about it.
AL SHARPTON

Cartago, Costa Rica

#5 Mar 14, 2009
Hey Wise Guy Dania dose not have a beach or shore front they lease it from HOLLYWOOD
miralasky

AOL

#6 Mar 14, 2009
as you leave the airport the 1st city you enter on A1A is Dania, that entire strech should be looking like a jewel, instead of a a slum , nice lasting impression, perhaps thats the reason the airport keeps expanding south
Anthony A

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 14, 2009
Whoever put out the flier on Duke deserves a medal for attempting to expose the "click" and special interest group behing the candidate. He never lived in our city or served on any board to begin with until Lisa Young and Anne Castro talked him into running. Hankerson was the better of the two, he deserved to win.
Concerned Resident

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Mar 14, 2009
AMEN
Lisa is just upset that he won't be Mayor, Just like her can't win an election even with $61,000.00 from the Developers. Dukes should'nt have been on the ballot to begin with, He knows nothing about Dania other than what Lisa told him. She is just a manipulated.

You can tell by these posts nobody cares about this little city.
Anthony A wrote:
Whoever put out the flier on Duke deserves a medal for attempting to expose the "click" and special interest group behing the candidate. He never lived in our city or served on any board to begin with until Lisa Young and Anne Castro talked him into running. Hankerson was the better of the two, he deserved to win.
YOUNG AND ETHICS

Palm City, FL

#9 Mar 14, 2009
Anthony A wrote:
..WHAT DOES YOUNG know about ethics ? She is a legend at city hall with her goings on ,no surprise she got her boyfriend endorsed by the firefighters ! I doubt the firefighters wives or an ex-police chief wife would endorse anybody related to her !
Thats just great

Miami, FL

#12 Mar 15, 2009
cant we all get along Lisa? You throw mud in Mac's face and now he will have something against you when Walter is up on the commission seat. Lets get with whats at hand here. Dania Beach and the lack of revitilization. Dania is a dump and looks like it too. We are in the hood, street closures, boarded up buildings, grafitti, and people diving in dumpsters to get food behind Winn Dixie constently.
I remember that

Miami, FL

#13 Mar 15, 2009
Gadfly wrote:
McElyea is, and always has been, a scum bag dating way back prior to the time he shot that young boy and found a way of getting off on the charges. Why the people in Dania continue to vote this jerk into office is beyond comprehension. I hope the opposition pushed forward with their intended legal action.
Mac shot the guy in his junkyard because he was stealing car radios. His son yelled at the kid and the kid pulled a gun out and pointed it at his son. Mac took the shot and got the kid. Nothing wrong with that. Kid was in the wrong.
get with the program

Miami, FL

#14 Mar 15, 2009
R Warren wrote:
In Plantation, "unknown" wealthy manipulators, mailed postcards slandering a sitting councilman inorder to elect their chosen candidate that had been bought and paid for. Ask the Mayor, she knows all about it.
This is all about Dania, not Plantation
Dania has a beach

Miami, FL

#15 Mar 15, 2009
AL SHARPTON wrote:
Hey Wise Guy Dania dose not have a beach or shore front they lease it from HOLLYWOOD
1 does, not dose
2 dania has a pier, the old seafair, and dania beach bar and grill, john loyd state park is in dania

dumb arse
Amen to that

Miami, FL

#16 Mar 15, 2009
miralasky wrote:
as you leave the airport the 1st city you enter on A1A is Dania, that entire strech should be looking like a jewel, instead of a a slum , nice lasting impression, perhaps thats the reason the airport keeps expanding south
I totally agree with you on that one. Demolish Dania and put up airport parking garages
Concerned Resident

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Mar 15, 2009
I guess we won't see her at the Relay for Life this year
Leave It B

West Palm Beach, FL

#20 Mar 16, 2009
Duke had no business running for commissioner. He has never lived in Dania or served on any boards in Dania. He moved in after he started collecting campaign money. He is a puppet for Lisa Young. She never lived in Dania either until later this summer! She owns rental property. Big deal. They need to give it up. He came in 3rd Lisa. Live with it. It isn't nor will he ever be Mayor of Dania. He was backed by special interests and he will pave over Dania Beach in a heart beat. Lisa has started up her own development company. She doesn't care about anything in Dania except how to make money for herself.
ANNE CASTRO S STOOGE

Miami, FL

#22 Mar 17, 2009
Leave It B wrote:
Duke had no business running for commissioner. He has never lived in Dania or served on any boards in Dania. He moved in after he started collecting campaign money. He is a puppet for Lisa Young. She never lived in Dania either until later this summer! She owns rental property. Big deal. They need to give it up. He came in 3rd Lisa. Live with it. It isn't nor will he ever be Mayor of Dania. He was backed by special interests and he will pave over Dania Beach in a heart beat. Lisa has started up her own development company. She doesn't care about anything in Dania except how to make money for herself.
....It remains to be seen whether Lisa or Anne Castro starts putting the self-serving real estate deals together.Good campaign con-job on the public by AC as she adds Duke to her other two stooges Charcoal Jones and Burnt out Anton !
What about

Miami, FL

#23 Mar 17, 2009
ANNE CASTRO S STOOGE wrote:
<quoted text>....It remains to be seen whether Lisa or Anne Castro starts putting the self-serving real estate deals together.Good campaign con-job on the public by AC as she adds Duke to her other two stooges Charcoal Jones and Burnt out Anton !
Car keying Bertino and his real estate deals with AJ Ryan.
What a joke

United States

#24 Mar 17, 2009
OMG....I am laughing my butt off at these posts. Thank GOD I have moved away from that place!!! Nothing EVER changes.
I guess

Powder Springs, GA

#25 Mar 17, 2009
Lisa is too busy getting Walters puppet strings attached to him to post here. She will control what he says and how he votes. I give the marriage 5 years tops. When they going to buy a house here and pay taxes instead of renting. Seems stupid to rent the house out on Southwest 9 St and rent a condo on Sheridan Street. Whole thing is totally strange!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Mainstream Propag... 1,523,621
florida Adoptees and Birth parents Reunite! (Jun '16) 47 min joan 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr John-K 313,990
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,387
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 20 hr bgarrett 263
News Euthanasia of dogs at Broward County shelter dr... (Jun '07) Thu big orange 149
Review: Law Offices of George Castrataro Thu Edward 2

Dania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages