Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#303039 Jul 4, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
The harder Planned Parenthood pushes & provides artificial contraception and promotes premarital sex, the more abortions they perform.
NONSENSE. Prevention of unwanted pregnancy also prevents abortion. A woman can't abort a pregnancy that doesn't exist.

What seems to make mostly-male, anti-choice conservative extremists so angry is that women CAN decide not to become mothers by using either contraception or abortion to avoid unwanted motherhood, but choose to be career women instead. I have no doubt that these guys see career women as a threat to THEIR jobs, especially since women can also become career politicians...like Senators, Congresswomen, and even Governors.

So, in an all-out REGRESSIVE campaign to "send the women back home," or something equally stupid, the Republican politicians in states like Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, and North Carolina have launched a new battle in the War on Women. This new battle focus on denying women access to abortion, and in some cases, some forms of contraception, by shutting down most of the women's clinics in those states. That's how it appears to me, anyway.

Since Republicans have shown themselves to be against women's rights, the best move for women is to kick Republicans out of their comfortable offices by voting DEMOCRAT in all of their state elections, for all their government offices, especially those of Governor, Senator, and Congressperson. I'm definitely going to vote that way in MY state, because I want to get Republican politicians OUT of women's medical decisions.

Ocean56

AOL

#303040 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
When the pill was introduced, things changed for the worse.
Yeah, knutter, worse for the CATHOLIC CHURCH. The introduction of the birth control pill gave women the ability to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy, and gave us control over our own reproductive process.

Motherhood is now an OPTION, not a requirement or biological mandate, and that is precisely what the Catholic Church hierarchy can't stand. Apparently, a lot of ANTI-CHOICE male politicians are having the same issues in states like Ohio, Texas, and North Carolina. They don't like so many women having access to measures that makes it possible for them to avoid motherhood. So they pass legislation to restrict women's access to abortion -- and some forms of contraception -- as much as they possibly can.
Ocean56

AOL

#303041 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
the pill is evil, just like its supporters, you know the ones who yell ed hail satan in Texas. The pill is part of the culture of death, you know who said that? Blessed Pope John Paul II. You should know this and you should know that NOT teaching your children to wait and respect themselves is of the devil.
NONSENSE, knutter. Women have every right to decide for ourselves whether to be mothers or not, and for those who DO choose to be mothers, how many children EACH woman wants to have.

The pill is only "evil" to religious authoritarians who can't deal with the concept of WOMEN making our own sexual and reproductive decisions. That would include your past popes and the current one.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#303042 Jul 4, 2013
Abortion is legal....will always be. Now yes some fascist states may over regulate it....BUT WILL ALWAYS BE LEGAL...get over it move on. some wen getting an abortion doesnt effect you so mind your own business.
Ocean56

AOL

#303043 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
Artificial contraception causes heartaches.
Only those forms of contraception that are medically unsafe cause health problems. That's why women need to regularly consult their doctors -- if they have them -- to avoid unsafe methods of birth control.

My BC method never let ME down, but many women have not been so lucky. NO method of contraception is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, so it can still happen. Personally, I'm very grateful for the contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ocean56

AOL

#303044 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
We don't believe in artificial birth control because it promotes promiscuity and is against God's natural laws. LOOK IT UP> You don't understand. Its very hard to be a Christian and giving in to what everybody else is doing is a big sin.
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE

I couldn't care less what religious fanatics like you BELIEVE, Knutter. Beliefs aren't facts, no matter how many times you stupidly claim they are.

If YOU have issues with contraception, no one is forcing you to use it. But you don't get to make MY choices for me. Thank goodness for THAT.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303045 Jul 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does the OP's obtuseness justify her hypocrisy when she claimed, "You and your ilk are filthy pigs and should never have contact with children." The sign she is bemoaning is no less profane than what she posted decrying it.
<quoted text>
I happen to disagree, in that knutter's post wasn't being carried by a child on national television - but that's beside the point. My point is, that kids holding signs with the word 'F***' emblazoned across them, is detrimental, rather than helpful, to the pro-choice cause. And completely unnecessary, into the bargain. It's one thing for a grown woman to protest that way, but 8 yr. old girls fucking Senators, metaphorically or not, is the wrong message. JMO

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#303046 Jul 4, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
They stoned Mary Magdalene because she was a sinner.
You are a sinner, not me.
Oh then you have some secret info.

They WANTED JESUS TO stone a woman..be cause she had slept with a man. Who she was NOT MARRIED TO
But when Jesus wrote on the ground..something ..maybe their sin..But told them let he who is without sin cast the first stone..They backed off
No one was stoned..We don't know who the woman was..

He cast out demons from Mary Magdalene .

They are 2different events...

You were saying I. the bible that s e x constituted marriage. It did not..

Location hidden

#303047 Jul 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Even men?
Or is it just girls who shouldn't graduate when a boy gets them pregnant?
And is it just women who should save themselves for marriage?
I wonder why the fellas ALWAYS get a pass from folks like you.
And if the people in her area don't date until college ...who are the girls at that clinic she protests at. And how did the valedictorian get pregnant..

But it's the pill that makes these things happen..And 50 years,ago things were different before the oil..And I should have been branded transistor nit saving myself hydrogenated of giving in to the jerk I WAS GOING TO MARRY...Like I don't know if was stupid..I need her kind branding me..trying to throw me out if school.

She knows nothing if what desperation is
...summing up 2of her posts

Location hidden

#303048 Jul 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder if knutter will call you out on this one....
Lol And I answered ,sTROLL..Oh one who has never sinned yet..duh..Madame is slipping

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#303049 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>so you think its okay for a little girl to carry a sign saying if the govt is in my womb then I want to F*** a senator? You are of the devil, and you pro aborts even admit it.
More lies from the admitted liar. I never said anything about the sign or the chant. Stop putting words in my mouth just because you are vile and full of hatred.

There is no devil. But if there WAS one, he's be SO proud of you, with your lies, bigotry and hate, you ugly creature.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#303050 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We don't believe in artificial birth control because it promotes promiscuity and is against God's natural laws. LOOK IT UP> You don't understand. Itsa very hard to be a Christian and giving in to what everybody else is doing is a big sin.
The dogma of the RCC only APPLIES to the RCC. There are Christian denominations that don't have a problem with any kind of birth control. Stop trying to speak for the world based upon your vile church's nonsense.

Location hidden

#303051 Jul 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NONSENSE, knutter. Women have every right to decide for ourselves whether to be mothers or not, and for those who DO choose to be mothers, how many children EACH woman wants to have.
The pill is only "evil" to religious authoritarians who can't deal with the concept of WOMEN making our own sexual and reproductive decisions. That would include your past popes and the current one.
But it's ok to limit your family size using a method expressly forbidden in the only comments,made in the bible regarding actual fertility.to be fruitful and multiply...They just don't call it real birth control...so NFP is ok..

Now it dies,speak in the Bible if God knowing and knitting the baby there.

But on fertility ...the Catholic method of NOT having a Baby in the womb is just fine...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#303052 Jul 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You're deliberately misunderstanding the message, but I happen to agree with you about the children holding profane signs. I have no problem with little girls holding signs about protecting their reproductive rights - but there's no excuse for having a child use profanity to get an adult's point across.
Pro-choice has done itself no favors here - I understand the rage, but that sort of thing is counterproductive.
Oh, I agree. No child should have been given that sign. Just like no child should be given a sign that reads "Thank God for dead soldiers", or a sign that shows pictures of aborted fetuses. No child should even be at a protest, to be used that way. I consider it child abuse, no matter who does it.

As for the chant, that was probably done for shock value.

But, that was NOT "pro-choice". That was some pro-choicers.

Location hidden

#303053 Jul 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to disagree, in that knutter's post wasn't being carried by a child on national television - but that's beside the point. My point is, that kids holding signs with the word 'F***' emblazoned across them, is detrimental, rather than helpful, to the pro-choice cause. And completely unnecessary, into the bargain. It's one thing for a grown woman to protest that way, but 8 yr. old girls fucking Senators, metaphorically or not, is the wrong message. JMO
I did not click on her link. She was ranting at me ... but if that was the case..it does sound bad..using a a kid to say that.
Imo using kids at all.

If you are ever looking fir Madame. It won't be at anything like that..And of course the press eats it up..But that's imo.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#303054 Jul 4, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's ok to limit your family size using a method expressly forbidden in the only comments,made in the bible regarding actual fertility.to be fruitful and multiply...They just don't call it real birth control...so NFP is ok..
Now it dies,speak in the Bible if God knowing and knitting the baby there.
But on fertility ...the Catholic method of NOT having a Baby in the womb is just fine...
We've made this point to them before. That any device (and even proved that a "method" IS a device too) used to prevent pregnancy, "natural" or not, goes against the commandment to be fruitful and multiply. That their church was telling them it was okay to break THAT one, so long as the method used was the least effective of all of them. They ignore it, or twist and lie about it.
Ocean56

AOL

#303055 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
If you found out you were pregnant and single fifty years ago, repent and move on. You let your conscience bother you too much and you teach its okay to behave bad and not have self control. Move on, repent and be better, this is what Christ would tell you. Wow, you really judge don'tcha! Christ would not approve of artificial birth control, rose. Not at all. Being Christian is very hard, Christianity is not a feel good religion like you see on TBN. We have to teach our children that pre marital sex is wrong,not in case you have sex this is what you do. You are not stopping the bad behavior but welcoming it.
Knutter, I wonder what you tell women who decide to marry but still choose NOT to have children. There are quite a few married women who don't want kids, EVER, contrary to the faith-based bull you want everyone to believe.

A woman can reject motherhood by taking a few preventive actions:

1. Using contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy
2. Using abortion to terminate unwanted pregnancy
3. Getting a tubal ligation to avoid future unwanted pregnancies

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, whether a woman is single or married, and a woman can reject motherhood for any reason. Don't like it that women CAN reject motherhood? Too bad. Other women's sexual and reproductive decisions are none of your business.

Location hidden

#303056 Jul 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
We've made this point to them before. That any device (and even proved that a "method" IS a device too) used to prevent pregnancy, "natural" or not, goes against the commandment to be fruitful and multiply. That their church was telling them it was okay to break THAT one, so long as the method used was the least effective of all of them. They ignore it, or twist and lie about it.
Imo like calling a,divorce like the one Ted,Kennedy got from the CC. An annulment so he coukd get married again in the CC..a thing his wife DID NIT want by the way. Though imo she was better off with our that person..what she said was the annulment call I Nguyen her marriage void is what ticked her off

Hypocrisy bought and paid for ..as usual..
Ocean56

AOL

#303057 Jul 4, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
It doesn't matter to me what some church's anti-contraception doctrines. I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb over 20 years ago, so their doctrines are, thankfully, irrelevant to me.

Knutter had said the introduction of the pill "made everything worse," or something equally idiotic. I think it made it worse for the Catholic Church and other anti-contraception churches, because for the first time, WOMEN could finally have some control over their own reproductive process. Which is exactly what the Catholic Church hierarchy can't stand-WOMEN controlling whether they'll have children or not.

To me, NFP is a joke, which creates more unwanted pregnancies than it allegedly prevents. That's why the RCC approves of NFP but nothing else.

Location hidden

#303058 Jul 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I agree. No child should have been given that sign. Just like no child should be given a sign that reads "Thank God for dead soldiers", or a sign that shows pictures of aborted fetuses. No child should even be at a protest, to be used that way. I consider it child abuse, no matter who does it.
As for the chant, that was probably done for shock value.
But, that was NOT "pro-choice". That was some pro-choicers.
A report I read said they advertised from PP FOR paid protesters on Craig's,list

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Bluestater 1,262,848
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min IBdaMann 54,338
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 11 hr Puppydawg 123
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 97,449
jkkjn 13 hr ikiki 1
Florida Inspector General Guilt without Evidenc... 22 hr buck3647 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Mortgages