Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63985 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Teddy R

Oman

#30467 Jun 4, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Some excuse. "I won't give up my F-350 and my air-conditioned McMansion in Bumfuck until Bill McKibben stops going to conferences".
Very responsible.
There are far, far more immediate and compelling reasons to give up the F-350 and the McMansion operating already, without and need to resort to making up skeery fairy tales to frighten Bubba.

As for moving out of Bumfuck, well - tell us what exactly it is you have against that fine up-standing town of patriotic Merkins!
kal

Richland, WA

#30468 Jun 4, 2012
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point as exactly!
There are millions of different forecasts of CO2’s effects; from negligible to unstoppable warming all coming from hundreds of thousands of scientists. There isn't consensus of anything let alone climate change being a catastrophe.
Deny that!
Find me a link that says all scientists agree climate change is a deadly crisis.
oh 'meme', the science surrounding the made up theory and consensus of man made global warming is neatly summed up in this intresting article.

http://www.c3headlines.com/2012/06/connect-th...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#30469 Jun 4, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
There are far, far more immediate and compelling reasons to give up the F-350 and the McMansion operating already, without and need to resort to making up skeery fairy tales to frighten Bubba.
I think Nauseous should pick on Fat Al Gore, at least we all know he owns a few gas guzzlers.

#30470 Jun 4, 2012
kal wrote:
oh 'meme', the science surrounding the made up theory and consensus of man made global warming is neatly summed up in this intresting article.
It's time a few of our resident believers saw that their light is dimming and it could be time to reconsider their position.
Same story here:
McKibben connects the weather dots on sh** happens
Oh boy. The propaganda gets thicker. It’s a Forrest Gump moment.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/21/mckibbe...
freaking-crazy

Olive Branch, MS

#30471 Jun 4, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
My link was to the joint statement by the leaders of all the major national scientific academies, saying the situation urgently requires action to cut carbon pollution.
However, I knew it wouldn't take long for some right-wing fanatic to randomly cite the UN and heap up false generalities about it. That's a pretty ragged straw man you have there.
I knew a left-wing loon like your self would randomly scream the sky is falling. With your ragged straw man you have there..
Mothra

Prescott Valley, AZ

#30472 Jun 4, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Some excuse. "I won't give up my F-350 and my air-conditioned McMansion in Bumfuck until Bill McKibben stops going to conferences".
Very responsible.
OK, OK... I get it.

Hypocrites are OK with you.

Guess it's not really a crisis after all.
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

#30473 Jun 4, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'meme', the science surrounding the made up theory and consensus of man made global warming is neatly summed up in this intresting article.
Gee, old Anthony will distort anything to deny. The paper says nothing about CO2 not being a primary GHG. It simply says that other pollutants are responsible for a little more warming than CO2 in the past few decades. By reducing these, the *rate* of global warming will slow. It does not say that global warming will cease. It simply says that CO2 will be the main driver in the future as these other GHG's are reduced. CO2 is a GHG and it is causing global warming.
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

#30474 Jun 4, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, OK... I get it.
Hypocrites are OK with you.
Guess it's not really a crisis after all.
And rationalization is your forte. Just like the middle school-er who tells her mom, "but mom, everyone is doing it".
freaking-crazy

Olive Branch, MS

#30475 Jun 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, old Anthony will distort anything to deny. The paper says nothing about CO2 not being a primary GHG. It simply says that other pollutants are responsible for a little more warming than CO2 in the past few decades. By reducing these, the *rate* of global warming will slow. It does not say that global warming will cease. It simply says that CO2 will be the main driver in the future as these other GHG's are reduced. CO2 is a GHG and it is causing global warming.
So I think you should stop breathing & stop your CO2 & that will solve your problem.
CO2 is apart of nature.. so I guess nature is wrong.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

#30476 Jun 4, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
My link was to the joint statement by the leaders of all the major national scientific academies, saying the situation urgently requires action to cut carbon pollution.
However, I knew it wouldn't take long for some right-wing fanatic to randomly cite the UN and heap up false generalities about it. That's a pretty ragged straw man you have there.
So Northie...you linked me to a paper signed by:

China
Russia
India
Brazil
South Africa
Canada
UK
Japan
France Mexico
USA

It says that we must have a 50% reduction of CO2 by 2050. It says that we must support developing countries. It says we must have international agreements to deploy CO2 capture and storage. All of this will cost trillions of dollars and at the same time decrease our economic activity and decrease our dependable energy. Now do you trust China and India to go along with this agreement they signed. How about Russia? How about Brazil and Obama's agreement that we will help them drill for oil? Will they go along with this agreement?

Nothing I said is a straw man. You are the one constantly saying we need to send 1% of GDP every year to the UN.
kal

Richland, WA

#30477 Jun 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
oh 'bozo', the truth of the article was 'these scientists then discovered that the real money (funding, grants, perpetual salaries etc.) could be found by focusing on human CO2 emissions'. you might be able to get some free grant money to study the reality of it all and come to a peer reviewed consensous.

#30478 Jun 4, 2012
kal wrote:
oh 'bozo', the truth of the article was 'these scientists then discovered that the real money (funding, grants, perpetual salaries etc.) could be found by focusing on human CO2 emissions'. you might be able to get some free grant money to study the reality of it all and come to a peer reviewed consensus.
What's really funny, Bozo thinks Watts was behind that article.
That's just about how much notice he takes of anything.
kal

Richland, WA

#30479 Jun 4, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>What's really funny, Bozo thinks Watts was behind that article.
That's just about how much notice he takes of anything.
oh 'earthling', everyone knows anthony watts is far more truthful and honest than 'bozo'. here is another intresting article on the raving lunatic, mad scientist, james hansen.

http://www.c3headlines.com/2012/05/connect-th...
Mothra

Prescott Valley, AZ

#30480 Jun 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
And rationalization is your forte. Just like the middle school-er who tells her mom, "but mom, everyone is doing it".
My you are a dimbulb.

If it is really indeed a crisis, shouldn't those saying so act like it is one?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#30481 Jun 4, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'meme', the science surrounding the made up theory and consensus of man made global warming is neatly summed up in this intresting article.
If all you remaining believers can do is constantly grunt; “they say”, at least investigate the reality of the “they say” consensus of climate change. It is not what you doomers WANT it to be. It is not a death sentence after all and real planet lovers are glad, not disappointed a crisis was exaggerated.
Would you deny it when you are paid to study the effects of it?
Climate change wasn’t a hoax or a lie or a conspiracy. It was much worse than all of those combined. It was the biggest feeding frenzy of greed for the world of science since the pesticides they gave us that made environmentalism necessary in the first place after they poisoned the planet. Let’s look at consensus shall we? What do they agree on? The only thing they agree on is that it is real and after that, every single scientist has their own unique view on the” effects”, almost never the ”causes “of climate change. It was literally the study of the effects of an assumed to be real crisis in a worst case scenario for a theory that can’t be proven or disproved anyways. The last thing they agree on is whether Human CO2 is a danger to existence of our children or at least their kids. It was legal lying and a consultant’s wet dream come true.
If more of science had said climate change was catastrophic without qualifying it with “maybe” and “possibly”, I might put my accusations of greed and exaggeration aside. Not one single scientist will say; “climate change is the end of the world.” You can’t have a little catastrophic crisis.
Causes:
-Ice cores turned out not to be the Harry Potter temperature dip sticks of time after all, check it out.
-Ancient climates are used to legitimize climate change belief but the tropical fossils under both polar caps and on all continents proves this climate of today is far from being unique.
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

#30482 Jun 4, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'bozo', the truth of the article was 'these scientists then discovered that the real money (funding, grants, perpetual salaries etc.) could be found by focusing on human CO2 emissions'. you might be able to get some free grant money to study the reality of it all and come to a peer reviewed consensous.
Part of the great conspiracy, no doubt.
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

#30483 Jun 4, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
My you are a dimbulb.
If it is really indeed a crisis, shouldn't those saying so act like it is one?
I know that it is difficult for you to internalize, but there is a difference between a crisis and an impending crisis.
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

#30484 Jun 4, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'earthling', everyone knows anthony watts is far more truthful and honest than 'bozo'. here is another intresting article on the raving lunatic, mad scientist, james hansen.
http://www.c3headlines.com/2012/05/connect-th...
The past decade was the warmest ever since records began. 2010 warmest year recorded. 2011 warmest year ever during L2 Nina.

Anthony is simply a denier who only attempts to use whatever he thinks might undermine what all the reputable climate scientists and great science academies find. To do so, he must build a conspiracy.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#30485 Jun 4, 2012
I dunno fellas. If we take into account what some people are predicting, oil will have run out ever before we kill the ozone:)
IAmDigitap

Sacramento, CA

#30486 Jun 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that it is difficult for you to internalize, but there is a difference between a crisis and an impending crisis.
And your crisis is that nobody you know,

REALIZED THOSE TREES AREN'T HEAT SENSORS,

and the FAKE MATH claiming to CALCULATE DATA from the FAKE TREEMOMITURS

isn't real either.

The impending crisis is your church officials being indicted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dania Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min VetnorsGate 1,604,110
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 317,632
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr zazz 98,520
News Former TV weatherman Bill Kamal released from p... (Dec '08) 8 hr Orange25 453
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) Sep 23 tlclost57 264
News Dania Beach opts for silence to avoid devil prayer (Oct '15) Apr '17 Vivek Golikeri 2
News INTERNATIONAL: Israeli groups sue to stop settl... (Feb '17) Feb '17 yidfellas v USA 2

Dania Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dania Beach Mortgages