First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2009
I have found Danese a nice place to live, a nice place to raise kids. All this talk about which store is the best, which one is cleaner, which one got busted, why all the gossip. Shouldn't this Forum discuss the good things about Danese. Maybe who made honor roll, who got married who had a baby, In a town this small most everybody knows who parties, who drinks, who steals etc. Their are some nice people in this town, people that would bend over backwards to help you. I think that could be said of pretty much all the store owners in Danese. None of us are perfect, we are all human, but gosh when I found this I sure didn't expect to see stuff about who's humping who's brother's girl, or who broke up, or why in the world would there be such a competition between 2 lil stores. I have been in both and have had good friendly service at both places. This lil town could use a few more options to shop, eat, etc. And I still don't understand the big deal about peole hanging out at one place or another. It's always been like that at lil stores and always will be. Most people just looking for somebody different to talk to once in a while. Come on people lets get down to building Danese up not knocking all the citizens down. What people do in there own homes are their own business, as long as they keep it in their homes!!! Just a though to share.
Cammy

Ithaca, NY

#2 Dec 4, 2009
hats off 2 u happy couple, its about time someone put something worth reading on here,
Denise

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2009
I moved out here from Rainelle and I love it. We have lived here for a little over 4 years. My children go to Danese Elem. and yes its a small school but they get a lot more attention rather than if they would have went to Divide or Meadow Bridge. I love that you don't have to worry about what drug dealer is your neighbor here. I know all my neighbors and they are all good people I know everyone in Danese is not that lucky but I am. This ones for you happy couple we also just got married Nov. 20th. and I also agree with you that we need more places out here. Thanks for starting somwthing thats actually tasteful to read and not a bunch of trash.
super bear

Enola, PA

#4 Dec 8, 2009
I lived in Danese for 18 years. It is a good place to live and raise a family. People should not be so neg about other people. Life is too short to always be neg. Danese has a lot of wonderful people. Danese has been a small town that is what makes it a good place to live. Drugs and undesirable people lives everywnere. You have your choice to socialize with who........

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 24, 2009
I agree that Danese/Meadow Bridge WAS a good place to grow up but why would you stick around there? Small towns in WV are dying. hell even charleston is dying out now.
mom

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2009
I had heard that for the most Danese has always been a great place to live. True there are drugs and problems everywhere, but as said earlier it is an idividual choice to partake in that game. No one can choose their neighbor and that is at best difficult -hope and pray for a good one.
I had heard that several people in Danese have had hard times and lived off welfare at times.. no disgrace if you chose to improve your life...it is when you lie down and quit and continue to live off the welfare while others must work hard everyday and continue to support those sorry asses...and yes there are some here today that seem to enjoy the leisure life of welfare.. go figure..
fed up

United States

#7 Dec 27, 2009
i have lived in danese for the most part of my life. yes there are alot of people here on public assistance. when i was younger, my parents were. we were raised on it and i used to wonder why everyone hated us so much. i always swore id never be on it or let my children live that way. now my husband and i work very hard and we have a nice home, we give our kids nice things and now they get crap for having things, from great people around here. the majority of the people we know are great here, but then you have those who are so jealous and self serving, they have nothing better to do than talk crap about everyone else. those are the type of people who give small communities a bad rep.
Mel

United States

#8 Dec 28, 2009
boy are youi right about that, my dad was a coal miner and during the 70s there was times that they went on strike for months at a time. my mom worked at the hospital in Montgomery and did her best to keep things going while daddy was on strike but it was tough. we grew up appreciating things. we gave our childern too much. they are good kids mostly {LOL} my 2 own their own homes, work hard every day raise their childern right, my stepdaughter too. she is trying to make it. i for one am one of the people that get so aggravated about the lazy people that won't try to help theirselves. i work every day, my husband is desabled, we have no kids at home so his ss is not that great, we can't get any kind of help because I make too much money they say. i sure wish i could see all that money. we pay into the system to help us when we need it, but nowadays the system is being so abused by those who trade food stamp cards for drugs, pills, beer, cigs,THAT MAKES ME ANGRY!!. I would like for every store that allows that to happen to be put out of business. if you are giving people cigs, beer, etc. on the cards, some child somewhere is going without food. that too makes me angry. For those that can't help it, it's different, and kids shouldn't be ehld responsible for their parents problems.

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 29, 2009
People on welfare can kiss my ass. I work 2 jobs 7 days a week. Im a full time student and a new daddy. I work my ass off to support my family to make sure they have what they need. My wife works full time. It pisses me off so bad to see some lazy ass pill head filling their grocery cart full of food when I have to scrape by paying for my own shit and Im paying for theirs.

If your on welfare and you read this, if your not really disabled you need to grow the hell up and get a job. There are plenty of jobs out there right now. Quit being lazy and support your family so I dont have to support your family.
Pig

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2010
Hey, Wicked Jester watch the cussing. That don't make you a big man. But I agree with you.

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 3, 2010
Im a grown man dont try to tell me what to do over the internet.
jester is a fool

Clear Spring, MD

#12 Jan 19, 2010
Hey wicked jester, if you are working two jobs and a full time student and raising a family how do you manage to WASTE so much time venting on here and talking trash about everyone.
DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 23, 2010
jester is a fool wrote:
Hey wicked jester, if you are working two jobs and a full time student and raising a family how do you manage to WASTE so much time venting on here and talking trash about everyone.
DOES NOT COMPUTE.
I think today is the 4th time I have been on here. Spent about 20 minutes total. And I am 100% not talking trash about everyone. There are some very good people that I left back home that always get a bad rap. Most of the people that are being talked about I have known since Elementary school. Some I have never as friends.

This is the internet. You people need to learn not to take things so seriously.
Old Man

United States

#14 Jan 24, 2010
Hello yes your right Danese is a good place to have a family ok but there is 1 or2 thangs needed to be looked into number 1 is the gas station every one noes it is just a drug place and number2 i thank the D.V.F.D needs to be looked into the there are some thangs going on there that is not right okdo not get me wrong there is some good boys there that noes what is going on but some of thim thank that all thay have to do there is hang out place but i have news for thim it,s not i thank they need to stop and thank about what the D.V.F.D stands for and it is not all fun and games i wood like very much to have a reply back and tell me if i,m right and if not i will tell every one that iam sorry ok Thank you your,s truely Old Man
good ol country boy

AOL

#15 Jan 28, 2010
To whom it may concern: The fire department members are here for you, so dont be talkin trash about them.. ya never know when your gonna need them. I bet you wouldn't risk your life running into a burning house so save someone's life. Some of the people stay around out there so they can respond quicker. Here is your reply. just exactly who are you refering to as good or bad...
Smileygirl

United States

#16 Jan 28, 2010
good ol country boy wrote:
To whom it may concern: The fire department members are here for you, so dont be talkin trash about them.. ya never know when your gonna need them. I bet you wouldn't risk your life running into a burning house so save someone's life. Some of the people stay around out there so they can respond quicker. Here is your reply. just exactly who are you refering to as good or bad...
* I agree with that! They were so sweet...the week before christmas, they decorated the fire truck and brought all the kids a gift bag filled with candy and fruit,ect. My son was sooo happy seeing "santa" running up to our porch with a gift. I could never say a bad word about our fire dept. They are brave souls, and hope that God blesses them and keeps them safe;)
Gone

Maryville, TN

#17 Jan 29, 2010
I was born and raised in Danese, and one thing never changes, the people. It was a good place to grow up. I visit whenever I can.
To those of you who talk trash, you should go live somewhere else for a while and then come back. You will learn to appreciate the area for what it is, a quiet country community. No matter where you are there are bad people who do bad things. In a small community things seem worse because they don't happen as often.

Since: Feb 10

Ogden, AR

#18 Feb 1, 2010
I have lived just outside of Danese for 32 years all I have ever heard about is how bad the people of Danese are. Over the years I have gotten to know some of the people that live there and they are nice people so just because of a few bad apples in the bunch everybody gets a bad wrap. I think the people that live in Danese are nice people just like everywhere else you will run into a slime bag at times.

As for the fire department "You guys ROCK" Thanks for doing what you do.
Mel

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2010
All youi people trashing the Fire Dept better hope you never need them. they are brave, I wouldn't run into a burning house unless my hubby or the kids or grandkids were stuck in there. They save people they don't even know, so yoi better start thanking the LOrd that we actually have a Fire Dept, a lot of little towns don't.
Lisa

Ithaca, NY

#20 Feb 9, 2010
Danes is a great town. It has it problems just like any other place. Drugs,noise people,divorces,child molesters, drunks, lazy people who doesnt work and lives off the system. But i wouldnt live anywhere else. I have lived other places in the last 26 years and i have to say we have the nicest people here. They will help when help is need. Regardless of their problems. I have the good fortune of having great neigbors.Theres one that lives across the hill that know matter what if i need help him and his boys are always there to lend a hand. Thats what i call a true friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy girls on the west end 11 min Racheal 14
Miss concerned 11 hr big d 16
West Virginia Confederate Monument removal Tue ANTIANTIFA 42
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Tue RSM 4,245
News Wanted Man Last Seen in Fayette County Sep 14 sam 1
tim justice Sep 12 Pink 4
rentals Sep 12 Pessimist 4

Danese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance