First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Its Me

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 28, 2010
How do you feel about him being the possibe next sheriff?
In the area

Rock Island, TN

#2 Mar 1, 2010
It'll be the worst thing that could happen to law enforcement in this county. He'll get rid of most of the programs the current sheriff has implemented, probably some of the equipment obtained from grants, and a third of the employees. You want to see backwards - you better hope he's not elected. The man can barely read or write or put a sentence together - and some people are wanting him for Sheriff? Yeah, there's a shining example of Jefferson County's finest, huh?
are u kidding

Fort Meade, FL

#3 Mar 1, 2010
Do you expect someone to believe what you have written here? please. Is this another example of someone running scared of their job when he is elected?????
HAPPY

United States

#4 Mar 1, 2010
This guy is not what u want for a sheriff he is a idiot and u would b to if u vote for he is scum
Outside Looking In

Rock Island, TN

#5 Mar 2, 2010
are u kidding wrote:
Do you expect someone to believe what you have written here? please. Is this another example of someone running scared of their job when he is elected?????
I DO NOT work for the county, but in my profession I spend a substantial amount of time in the Justice Center. Sheriff Davenport may not be perfect, but he is the better choice. Right now the Jefferson County Sheriff Department has the cooperation of the surrounding counties and city departments. There will be little if any cooperation if McCoig is elected,as most have had bad experiences with him. In my opinion McCoig will be dictator, on a power trip. He will try to micro manage the entire department. We, as a county will lose the cooperation and respect of the city departments and surrounding counties. Knowing McCoig's personality and having dealt with him in a professional capacity I believe he will do more harm then good. I appreciate his many years of service, but do not believe that he is the best choice for the job.
Vote McCoig

Dallas, TX

#6 Mar 2, 2010
We just wait and see when McCoig is voted in.
greatestfan

New Market, TN

#7 Mar 2, 2010
In the area wrote:
It'll be the worst thing that could happen to law enforcement in this county. He'll get rid of most of the programs the current sheriff has implemented, probably some of the equipment obtained from grants, and a third of the employees. You want to see backwards - you better hope he's not elected. The man can barely read or write or put a sentence together - and some people are wanting him for Sheriff? Yeah, there's a shining example of Jefferson County's finest, huh?
That is absolutely the most absurd, appalling, dishonorable, outrageous, ridiculous, preposterous and brainless statement I have ever read.
officer of the law

New Market, TN

#8 Mar 2, 2010
Outside Looking In wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO NOT work for the county, but in my profession I spend a substantial amount of time in the Justice Center. Sheriff Davenport may not be perfect, but he is the better choice. Right now the Jefferson County Sheriff Department has the cooperation of the surrounding counties and city departments. There will be little if any cooperation if McCoig is elected,as most have had bad experiences with him. In my opinion McCoig will be dictator, on a power trip. He will try to micro manage the entire department. We, as a county will lose the cooperation and respect of the city departments and surrounding counties. Knowing McCoig's personality and having dealt with him in a professional capacity I believe he will do more harm then good. I appreciate his many years of service, but do not believe that he is the best choice for the job.
That is so ridiculous! Yes, I bet you don't work for the county. I have been in law enforcement my whole life and I know that every agency will continue to cooperate with McCoig when he takes over and the next Sheriff and so on. All Sheriff's departments work together. Respect. Please this man has more respect than Davenport will ever have. People are constantly making fun of Davenport by his appearance, demeanor, and performance. He not only is a huge joke in surrounding counties, but has made horrible decisions for JCSD. You said he may not be perfect, and you are right about that, he is far from being perfect and a Sheriff is expected to do a job and performance is everything. You can be assured the people of Jeff. Co. are over Davenport. McCoig has already proven himself by his hard work for all these years. That is why so many jeff. co. residents are supporting him, because they know that he will continue to work very hard as Sheriff. It is so obvious that the appalling and degrading statements made about McCoig are simply Davenports supporters desperately trying to alter opinions that were formed many years ago even before Davenport took office.
haha

New Market, TN

#9 Mar 2, 2010
HAPPY wrote:
This guy is not what u want for a sheriff he is a idiot and u would b to if u vote for he is scum
I wish these rejects from newport would stop wasting our time on here.
haha

New Market, TN

#10 Mar 2, 2010
In the area wrote:
Thank God we wont ever have you!!
Voter

North Fort Myers, FL

#11 Mar 2, 2010
officer of the law wrote:
<quoted text> That is so ridiculous! Yes, I bet you don't work for the county. I have been in law enforcement my whole life and I know that every agency will continue to cooperate with McCoig when he takes over and the next Sheriff and so on. All Sheriff's departments work together. Respect. Please this man has more respect than Davenport will ever have. People are constantly making fun of Davenport by his appearance, demeanor, and performance. He not only is a huge joke in surrounding counties, but has made horrible decisions for JCSD. You said he may not be perfect, and you are right about that, he is far from being perfect and a Sheriff is expected to do a job and performance is everything. You can be assured the people of Jeff. Co. are over Davenport. McCoig has already proven himself by his hard work for all these years. That is why so many jeff. co. residents are supporting him, because they know that he will continue to work very hard as Sheriff. It is so obvious that the appalling and degrading statements made about McCoig are simply Davenports supporters desperately trying to alter opinions that were formed many years ago even before Davenport took office.
Good to see the truth on here. Vote McCoig.
Gunrunner

Jefferson City, TN

#12 Mar 2, 2010
officer of the law wrote:
<quoted text> That is so ridiculous! Yes, I bet you don't work for the county. I have been in law enforcement my whole life and I know that every agency will continue to cooperate with McCoig when he takes over and the next Sheriff and so on. All Sheriff's departments work together. Respect. Please this man has more respect than Davenport will ever have. People are constantly making fun of Davenport by his appearance, demeanor, and performance. He not only is a huge joke in surrounding counties, but has made horrible decisions for JCSD. You said he may not be perfect, and you are right about that, he is far from being perfect and a Sheriff is expected to do a job and performance is everything. You can be assured the people of Jeff. Co. are over Davenport. McCoig has already proven himself by his hard work for all these years. That is why so many jeff. co. residents are supporting him, because they know that he will continue to work very hard as Sheriff. It is so obvious that the appalling and degrading statements made about McCoig are simply Davenports supporters desperately trying to alter opinions that were formed many years ago even before Davenport took office.
This is very true. I work on a daily basis w/ alot of the local area departments and Davenport is a joke to them. They do make fun of him and they actually make fun of his officers. I've even heard jokes about him as far away as Nashville where you'd think his TBI buddies would back him up. But, no. They say the best day in the TBI is the day he left. He was a joke then and a joke now. Using your buddies deep pockets to get what you want is no way to earn respect. And yes, most of the McCoig bashers on here are just scared they will lose there jobs if he gets elected.
lol

Nashville, TN

#13 Mar 2, 2010
first all i do not work the jcsd. i completely agree if mccoig is voted in this county will go down very fast. you want to bash davenport but yet he has more respect in his little finger than mccoig has in his whole body. mccoig is out for himself not the best interest of the county what a joke.
Childish

North Fort Myers, FL

#14 Mar 2, 2010
lol wrote:
first all i do not work the jcsd. i completely agree if mccoig is voted in this county will go down very fast. you want to bash davenport but yet he has more respect in his little finger than mccoig has in his whole body. mccoig is out for himself not the best interest of the county what a joke.
More childish remarks about sheriffs race, grow up get an education. The voters are not children. Get over it, you will come election day.
Out and About

Carthage, TX

#15 Mar 2, 2010
As far as I'm concerned the election is already over with... McCoig might as well of dropped out when he was quoted in the newspaper as saying God gave him cancer for not running for Sheriff last go around. I wonder how many voters decided to vote for Kitts or Davenport when that came out. It just goes to show what kind of mindset McCoig has... is he even healthy enough to run for office??
Outside Looking In

Rock Island, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2010
haha wrote:
<quoted text>I wish these rejects from newport would stop wasting our time on here.
You are from Knoxville
haha

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 3, 2010
Outside Looking In wrote:
<quoted text>
You are from Knoxville
No I live in Dandridge.
Officer of the law

Knoxville, TN

#18 Mar 3, 2010
Out and About wrote:
As far as I'm concerned the election is already over with... McCoig might as well of dropped out when he was quoted in the newspaper as saying God gave him cancer for not running for Sheriff last go around. I wonder how many voters decided to vote for Kitts or Davenport when that came out. It just goes to show what kind of mindset McCoig has... is he even healthy enough to run for office??
No, it has only began. McCoig never said God gave him cancer, not one time. He said that he felt in his heart that God was leading him to do this,(to run for Sheriff) and he felt like he should have ran last time, and that God had punished him for not going in the direction he was led. He never said God gave him cancer. In case you are not a Christian, let me tell you that God is never a part of evil. He loves us and never wants to hurt us. Cancer is just life and it happens to alot of people not by God. Fortunate for McCoig he had a very small bout with it and he is absolutely healthy and cancer free. You should never make fun of things such as this, it will come back on you. No matter how much you dislike someone, you should never go there, but that goes to show you the type of people that are supporters of Davenport.
haha

Knoxville, TN

#19 Mar 3, 2010
lol wrote:
Whatever SMILE we know your just worried about your job.
HAPPY

Marble Falls, TX

#20 Mar 3, 2010
Dont have to worry that idiot Bud will not be elected this is the best thing he could have done now at least we dont have that scum working here anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For the people who don't stop at THIS STOP SIGN ! 2 hr To Dumb People 2
floor creations! (May '10) 3 hr Scout 19
Jeruas Deardorff 5 hr Would like to know 1
who got some good deal i buy 6 hr Jonathan hill 1
Slum lord at Town and Country Mobile Home Park (Sep '14) Sat New guy 21
Ty Velli (Jan '17) Jan 19 Truth 16
Local Politics Do you approve of Alan Palmieri as ? Jan 14 getgo 5

Dandridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance