The Unsightly Travel trailer parks.

The Unsightly Travel trailer parks.

Posted in the Dandridge Forum

Slidersalterego

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Well,here we go again.Much to the chagrin of some poor folks,those ugly travel trailer parks are cluttering the horizon.Even those fancy travel trailers,with the nice decks and roofs overhead that Im in awe of.You know, some folks moved here just for the majestic mountain views and how dare someone place anything in that dreamy picture.Sound familiar? Should.More folks trying to tell other people how to use their land.Less density..thats the ticket.20 travel trailers on 5 acres might look better than 30. Great idea.Im almost giddy. Reminds me of past issues that bug the uppity folks,like trailer parks,cell phone towers,Motorcross tracks and music festivals.Hard bunch to please.
Nexus

Mauldin, SC

#2 Sep 2, 2012
I agree. I think Jefferson county should levy a special tax on them. Most of their septic fields are sub par and the toll they take on our groundwater is real. If you do not believe me try to have well water tested near Lake Cove, Douglas Lake Campground, or in Fiddlin Fish.

It is unbelievable the grief you must go through to build a real house in this county. If you want to make a camper a full time home and anchor it down it can be done in one day. A good tornado would fix this problem faster than anything.
Slidersalterego

United States

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Nexus wrote:
I agree. I think Jefferson county should levy a special tax on them. Most of their septic fields are sub par and the toll they take on our groundwater is real. If you do not believe me try to have well water tested near Lake Cove, Douglas Lake Campground, or in Fiddlin Fish.
It is unbelievable the grief you must go through to build a real house in this county. If you want to make a camper a full time home and anchor it down it can be done in one day. A good tornado would fix this problem faster than anything.
New angle to the arguement.Septic systems and well pollution.Seems like we would have heard about that by now.Of course,a small travel trailer isnt going to produce the amount of waste that a "real house" will.But yeah, ten of them on 4 acres might,if the Grandkids are visiting and taking hour long showers and flushing the head twenty times a day. The main complaint so far has been that the trailer parks are ruining the mountain views that folks moved here for and built fancy retirement homes on hillsides to enjoy the views.I reckon theres nothing more pestering than sipping the morning coffee on the front porch with 5 acres of travel trailer park within view. Must be a burden on the visual sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelby Woodard 4 min Yeahhh 1
Problems at Tiny Tots? 17 min John 67
This Sheriff Has to Go! Embarrassing to Tennessee 27 min Just browsing the... 124
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 1 hr Don 5,102
Sheriff 1 hr Mountain man 1
bowen Mon Yep 11
Sheriff election 2018 Sun Checkmate 12

Dandridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dandridge Mortgages