No Pinto Beans at Bush Beans Family C...
hungry

United States

#21 Apr 25, 2010
First, the restaurant isn't run by Bush. it's a concession and some one from sevier county runs it. I can't figure out why they wouldn't run it themselves.
If the food isn't that good, why would anyone expect it to be? where in sevier county can you get good food? Everything is a chain, or pizza

as far as duke goes, i think they are in duke #3 or #4, those dogs are 'actors' they put out requests and people who own trained dogs get the job for the part.
Ellie Mae

United States

#22 Apr 30, 2010
Would have liked Bush to partner with Walter's State Culnary Dept. they have some great rising cooks who should be in the community flaunting their stuff.
Give the young people a place to start and put bush as a destination not just a place to spop on your way by.
Brandy

United States

#23 May 20, 2010
hungry wrote:
First, the restaurant isn't run by Bush. it's a concession and some one from sevier county runs it. I can't figure out why they wouldn't run it themselves.
If the food isn't that good, why would anyone expect it to be? where in sevier county can you get good food? Everything is a chain, or pizza
as far as duke goes, i think they are in duke #3 or #4, those dogs are 'actors' they put out requests and people who own trained dogs get the job for the part.
I think this is in Jefferson County not Sevier.
Try Java Garden in Morristorn or the Peddler in Gatlinburg.
Not just fried food.
cdaddy

Dandridge, TN

#24 Jun 9, 2010
bushs is the best... n i know the family recipe..ha
eat more beans

AOL

#25 Jun 12, 2010
cdaddy wrote:
bushs is the best... n i know the family recipe..ha
Bush is the best--and you better keep it to yourself! Did you recieve a big Bush check? Hear they were awesome.
cdaddy

Dandridge, TN

#26 Jun 15, 2010
o yeah 28 percent..
eat more beans

AOL

#27 Jun 19, 2010
Someone told me they had beans to eat, when they ate there last week. From the way they described them it sounded like the new blackbeans.

I saw Duke on the sidewalk in Pigeon Forge. But He wasn't talking. Just wagged his tail and smiled. I think he must have gotten a big bean check too.
cdaddy

Dandridge, TN

#28 Jul 10, 2010
what u know about pinto bean pie........yummm..lol
perry smith

Middletown, OH

#29 Jul 10, 2010
were is the bush bean cafe located
ChestnutHill

Pickens, SC

#30 Jul 10, 2010
Chestnut Hill highway 92 and 411, across the road from Bush plant.
South Carolina

Moncks Corner, SC

#31 Jul 10, 2010
Was going to Pigeon Forge for a few days and passed the Bush's bean center. Was late at night so we made a point of stopping on the way home. Got to tour the museum with a guide (thank you Robert), and then went to the store and the cafe.
The food in the cafe was decent but after all it is a cafe so we were not expecting gourmet food. The lady that severed us was Chris who was very pleasant.
Well worth stopping and getting your photo taken with Duke. If we go back to Pigeon Forge we will make a point of making that stop again.
Poorweidy

Marble Falls, TX

#32 Jul 10, 2010
I have eaten there twice now, first time, bad experience, waited 50 minutes on a hamburger but they made it right with our meal. Food was good and yes, alittle slow but give them time, they are new. The price was right. Went thru the museum as well, real nice including the staff. Bush Beans Corp should be proud of museum.
I Do Say

Dandridge, TN

#33 Jul 11, 2010
cdaddy wrote:
what u know about pinto bean pie........yummm..lol
Pinto bean pie is great. I have a recipe for it.
Myron

United States

#34 Jul 11, 2010
I Do Say wrote:
<quoted text>Pinto bean pie is great. I have a recipe for it.
Well !!!!!!
Share it.
I Do Say

Dandridge, TN

#35 Jul 12, 2010
Myron wrote:
<quoted text>
Well !!!!!!
Share it.
Hereis the Pinto Bean Pie recipe. 4 eggs, 1cup mashed pinto beans, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Leave a few beans unmashed or half mashed. They will float to the top. Beat eggs. Add butter, sugar, beans and vanilla. Stir well; pour into an unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I hope you like it.
Myron

United States

#36 Jul 13, 2010
I Do Say wrote:
<quoted text>Hereis the Pinto Bean Pie recipe. 4 eggs, 1cup mashed pinto beans, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Leave a few beans unmashed or half mashed. They will float to the top. Beat eggs. Add butter, sugar, beans and vanilla. Stir well; pour into an unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I hope you like it.
Thanks. there are good people on these threads
Resident

Rhodes, IA

#37 Jul 13, 2010
Brandy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is in Jefferson County not Sevier.
Try Java Garden in Morristorn or the Peddler in Gatlinburg.
Not just fried food.
Bush plant is in Jefferson county, we hope Sevier county will annex this part of the county in. Sevier county had to supply water to Bush plant.
Lady Bug

United States

#38 Jul 13, 2010
Went to cafe today. Lay-out of the complex is very well though out. Store is well planned and supplied, the Cafe is lack-luster.
Cafe has little to offer in style and food offerings. Too simple, resembles a lunch room in a work place. Would not make it a "to go" destination. No lettuce or a pickle on the plate.
No plants in Cafe, all to simple. dull.
Outside area lovely, but hot, need ceiling fans and over head vines and small lights.
c hill boy

Papeete, French Polynesia

#39 Jul 14, 2010
first off they do have pinto beans?
What

Knoxville, TN

#40 Jul 14, 2010
c hill boy wrote:
first off they do have pinto beans?
Is that an answer or a question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pedophiles in Newport! 18 min Maggie 35
Haskell Finchum Honeymoon (Feb '09) 43 min Chucky F 10
silver car 47 min Bill Clinton 4
Fontes running scared....... 54 min Cjump 17
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Sat Blue 2 89
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) Sat Don 5,108
gorgeous girl Dec 15 Grandpa 6

Dandridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dandridge Mortgages