Moving to Dandridge
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
We love Dandridge

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2013
We live in Florida and have to move out of that country. LOL
We love this area and people around here enjoy festivals throughout the year, boating, fishing, hunting, hot rod cars, drag strips, motor cycle riding, 4 wheeler riding, horse back riding, you have Gatlinburg,Pigeon Forge, Sevierville the mountains, you all helping out neighbors, small town living. everything runs at a different pace here. Whatever outdoor type interests you may have you will probably find it here, and the lakes are less crowded, more scenic and cleaner. This is paradize best kept secret in America today.
Really

Morristown, TN

#2 Feb 10, 2013
We love Dandridge wrote:
We live in Florida and have to move out of that country. LOL
We love this area and people around here enjoy festivals throughout the year, boating, fishing, hunting, hot rod cars, drag strips, motor cycle riding, 4 wheeler riding, horse back riding, you have Gatlinburg,Pigeon Forge, Sevierville the mountains, you all helping out neighbors, small town living. everything runs at a different pace here. Whatever outdoor type interests you may have you will probably find it here, and the lakes are less crowded, more scenic and cleaner. This is paradize best kept secret in America today.
Is that you Mayor?
Really

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you Mayor?
Really?
Well WELL WELL

Dandridge, TN

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Always greener on the other side...actually, in floridiotville, kinda blue on the east side and green on the west. You want some of this paradise, better bring a ton of GREEN !
Not going anywhere

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2013
We moved here from Florida because we save thousands of dollars on taxes and insurance. The cost of living is good. Do the math. The crime rate here is zero compared to most of Florida and other parts of the country and the illegals population there is staggering. The standard of living there is nothing what it used to be. If you are unhappy here you can always move to Florida because no one retires and moves up North.
Not going anywhere

United States

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Well WELL WELL wrote:
Always greener on the other side...actually, in floridiotville, kinda blue on the east side and green on the west. You want some of this paradise, better bring a ton of GREEN !
Actually cost of living is much much less here. You sound like a Floridian implant? Cost of living is going up here also but less than Florida. The weather is nice here and the bugs are nonexistant compared to Florida. Florida is the screen door to he11 in the summer it is so hot and humid you cannot breathe. So much scenery to see here verses the flat land everything lookalike scene. Think we will stay right here at home.
Think It Through

Dandridge, TN

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Not going anywhere wrote:
We moved here from Florida because we save thousands of dollars on taxes and insurance. The cost of living is good. Do the math. The crime rate here is zero compared to most of Florida and other parts of the country and the illegals population there is staggering. The standard of living there is nothing what it used to be. If you are unhappy here you can always move to Florida because no one retires and moves up North.
Apparently they do, you did, DUH ???
Did the math

United States

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Out of curiosity I went back and did first year here math on cost of living expenses from Jacksonville to Dandridge. Savings were $12,887.

What I don't understand about here is why are people against companies coming here with jobs and tax revenue which would make it more cost effective to be here. This area has so much to offer and gain.
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Did the math wrote:
Out of curiosity I went back and did first year here math on cost of living expenses from Jacksonville to Dandridge. Savings were $12,887.
What I don't understand about here is why are people against companies coming here with jobs and tax revenue which would make it more cost effective to be here. This area has so much to offer and gain.
i know in sevierville.a factory wanted to come in a few years ago.the city councel voted that down.wilderness in the smokies went in there.jobs in jefferson county pay more than jobs in sevier county.
questions

United States

#10 Feb 16, 2013
stand out wrote:
<quoted text>i know in sevierville.a factory wanted to come in a few years ago.the city councel voted that down.wilderness in the smokies went in there.jobs in jefferson county pay more than jobs in sevier county.
That don't make sense.
Why would a factory build on a tourist strip and what does that have to do with cost of living or the cost of eggs?
YouDidItWrong

Dandridge, TN

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Did the math wrote:
Out of curiosity I went back and did first year here math on cost of living expenses from Jacksonville to Dandridge. Savings were $12,887.
What I don't understand about here is why are people against companies coming here with jobs and tax revenue which would make it more cost effective to be here. This area has so much to offer and gain.
You may have done the math, but you didn't quite finish the equation.

IF WE WANTED TO LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE, WE WOULD MOVE THERE...

Now since you saved so damn much money by moving here, why don't you donate it to the damned schools ?

OR DID YOU FORGET WHY YOU MOVED HERE ???
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#12 Feb 16, 2013
questions wrote:
<quoted text>
That don't make sense.
Why would a factory build on a tourist strip and what does that have to do with cost of living or the cost of eggs?
that was'nt a tourist strip then.there was nothing over there.dandridge is in jefferson county.that is the topic.jobs pay more on average in jefferson county than sevier county.
YouJustCantHepIt

Dandridge, TN

#13 Feb 16, 2013
stand out wrote:
<quoted text>that was'nt a tourist strip then.there was nothing over there.dandridge is in jefferson county.that is the topic.jobs pay more on average in jefferson county than sevier county.
I'm sure there is some meaning here, but damned if I can make it out.
I guess I will have to agree that Dandridge IS in Jeff County, but don't remember anybody disputing that fact.
Was there ever a time in history that Seveirville wasn't a tourist trap / strip ? Only an IDIOT would put a factory in Sevierville.
And I don't think Jeff Co pays a dime more in wages than Sevierville. Perhaps it seems that way to you because there are NO jobs in Jeff Co.
Really

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2013
YouDidItWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have done the math, but you didn't quite finish the equation.
IF WE WANTED TO LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE, WE WOULD MOVE THERE...
Now since you saved so damn much money by moving here, why don't you donate it to the damned schools ?
OR DID YOU FORGET WHY YOU MOVED HERE ???
Really???
Really

United States

#15 Feb 17, 2013
stand out wrote:
<quoted text>that was'nt a tourist strip then.there was nothing over there.dandridge is in jefferson county.that is the topic.jobs pay more on average in jefferson county than sevier county.
Really???
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#16 Feb 17, 2013
YouJustCantHepIt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there is some meaning here, but damned if I can make it out.
I guess I will have to agree that Dandridge IS in Jeff County, but don't remember anybody disputing that fact.
Was there ever a time in history that Seveirville wasn't a tourist trap / strip ? Only an IDIOT would put a factory in Sevierville.
And I don't think Jeff Co pays a dime more in wages than Sevierville. Perhaps it seems that way to you because there are NO jobs in Jeff Co.
i don't know if there are jobs in jefferson county or not.there are jobs everywhere in sevier county.from mid march till christmas.but sevier county is the lowest paying county in tn.
Darlin Dot

Sevierville, TN

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Don't come here to live if you are trying to raise decent teenagers. We have grown adult parents living here that just love to buy alcohol and only God knows what else for teenagers. That's not all, they proceed to let these young folks party in their homes. And they party with them. If the law shows up, the parents claim that they didn't know these kids were in their homes. I say BS!
Oh Darlin

Dandridge, TN

#18 Feb 17, 2013
Why don't you mind your own business. Are you a Solomon?
Darlin Dot

Sevierville, TN

#19 Feb 17, 2013
I am minding my own business. All citizens have a right to be protected by drunks and druggies.My business is taking care of business.
Oh Darlin

Dandridge, TN

#20 Feb 17, 2013
Darlin Dot wrote:
I am minding my own business. All citizens have a right to be protected by drunks and druggies.My business is taking care of business.
If they are "partying in their own homes", it is none of your business. "All citizens have a right to be protected by drunks and druggies" - I personally don't want "to be protected by drunks and druggies", but are you talking about the cops or citizens? You must be a Solomon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 2 dumb chics who was hiding the escapee 1 min over sorry people 7
Mr. J 28 min Mr.J 4
Matt Mantooth! 46 min Just a friend 7
Stephenie 1 hr The Truth 15
Steven French kingdom heirs (Jan '16) 21 hr Ladyredbird 135
Lodwick at it Again Dec 5 watsnew 10
Ben Franklin the 3rd Dec 4 Sandman12345 1

Dandridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dandridge Mortgages