Watertown, WI

#2 Jul 31, 2011
curious wrote:
Has anyone tried the new restaurant where smokey's use to be at exit 417
yep it sucks a big one never do that again
Better

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 31, 2011
The food is much better than Southern Comforts and the prices are a lot better. I wish they would have located it in downtown Dandridge instead of the the other place.
Great

Morristown, TN

#4 Aug 2, 2011
I have been to Taste of Dandridge several times and the food is really, really good. They have been overwhelmed so the service is not what it should be, but the food is great. They will get the service down quickly. Just give them a few more days. They have only been open for a week.
Bob

Fort Mill, SC

#5 Aug 2, 2011
Isn't this run by the old Smoky's people & some fro Fox & Hound?

Great, you've been there several times? Only been open a week. Must work there
Great

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2011
Actually work downtown.
HERE WE GO AGAIN

Morristown, TN

#7 Aug 2, 2011
haven't they learned from the past two or 3biz falures? They won't be there long. Quit crackin' on Southern Comforts. Grow up.
Just sayin

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Went there last night. It was so busy there was hardly a place to park. Service was fast and prompt. Food was good.
cats

United States

#9 Aug 3, 2011
What are their prices like?
Internet

Morristown, TN

#10 Aug 3, 2011
Check them out on Facebook. Their menu is posted there.
Ewga

Morristown, TN

#11 Aug 4, 2011
"Taste of Dandrdge"???? I'm not sure I want to be tasting corrupt lawyer, rusty narrow bridge, and Yankee. No thanks.
tys

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2011
Has no relation to owner of Smoky's.Not owened by a lawyer. Get facts straight then do the usual bitching. Don't get me wrong I have had plenty to say in the past. So on this one I will say, has a hell of better chance then the rest. By the way, to whom is the Yankee? Because it sure as hell is not Rhonda.
Anonymous

United States

#13 Aug 4, 2011
@ EWGA. Funny. Athough,TYS missed the joke. Let's give these places in Dandridge a chance,we need some variety in this little town.
ready

Jefferson City, TN

#14 Aug 5, 2011
I really want to try the place out. Jeff Co really needs some nice new places to eat. I hope it does well. I checked out the menu via Facebook. The prices look good and the menu looks a lot like The Fox and Hounds used to be. Heard Prentice, founder of the Fox and Hounds, is helping and The owner worked at the Fox and Hounds for a long time. It they make the quality food that The F&H used to make and make their customers feel welcome, they should do just fine. Everyone should give it a chance before making judgements. My family is def going to give it a try. Best of luck to any locally owned business!
Catfish

Morristown, TN

#15 Aug 5, 2011
Had their catfish special today. Best catfish I ever ate.
Wish Them Well

Knoxville, TN

#16 Aug 5, 2011
I hope they make it because we do need some good food in Dandridge, but I do wish they were in the first Smokey's location downtown because I think it is a better location than the 417 exit. When Smokey's first opened downtown and the food was still good, we went there a lot because it was easy and convenient. I look forward to trying the new restaurant, but I know I won't go there as much because that location is a nightmare with all the truck traffic.
dandridge homegrown

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2011
Went there tonite will go back. Food was excellent and the prices very resonable. I hope their to stay. Dandridge could use more places like this.
Jefferson City, TN

#18 Aug 5, 2011
Wish Them Well wrote:
I hope they make it because we do need some good food in Dandridge, but I do wish they were in the first Smokey's location downtown because I think it is a better location than the 417 exit. When Smokey's first opened downtown and the food was still good, we went there a lot because it was easy and convenient. I look forward to trying the new restaurant, but I know I won't go there as much because that location is a nightmare with all the truck traffic.
It is my understanding that the people who opened TOD tried to get the old Smokies location but The Southern Comfort owners wanted the location too. The owners of Southern Comfort were willing to pay the higher lease and take on a longer lease. The owners of TOD are new business owners and they were not able to do the higher/longer lease. Hopefully in time the TOD will do well and maybe they will move to a better location. I have not been to Southern Comfort but I love that location. Hopefully both places will do well
Not a fan

United States

#19 Aug 6, 2011
Better wrote:
The food is much better than Southern Comforts and the prices are a lot better. I wish they would have located it in downtown Dandridge instead of the the other place.
I couldn't agree with you more. Not a an of Southern Comforts at all.
flossy

Dandridge, TN

#20 Aug 6, 2011
Wish Them Well wrote:
I see nothing wrong with the location of TOD. All great things are near the interstate. They are better off there anyway. I would always go back to a place if the food is good enough--traffic does not stop me.
I love rusty bridge, lawyers and yankees.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) Thu Leonard losers 2,124
Palmieri is all talk, NO leadership. Wed You Make hit Up 42
kevin potts Wed Lol 5
green bridge Wed Funding Delayed 6
What's the Chamber of Commerce doing for Jeffer... Wed Ineffective 1
Don Cason involved in Ponzi Scheme (Feb '14) Wed Bad News 25
Jefferson Co. Sheriff's Dept./Bud Mccoig (Mar '10) Jul 28 Justme_61 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dandridge Mortgages