Yup

Kodak, TN

#1 Jun 7, 2012
Why has some of the larger companies such as Waste Connection and others decided that Martin luther King day is a more important day than Memorial Day? I never read about MLK in my history books so why is he so important to ignore Memorial day and give him the holiday?????? That really sucks!!!!

“These are not sweet cheeks”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 7, 2012
Yup wrote:
Why has some of the larger companies such as Waste Connection and others decided that Martin luther King day is a more important day than Memorial Day? I never read about MLK in my history books so why is he so important to ignore Memorial day and give him the holiday?????? That really sucks!!!!
I could open a can of worms on this one.But let's not.Some Companies take MLK day off because they have a number of black employees.(Their words,not mine) At my employment,I'm off on Memorial Day and MLK day is an ordinary day.Don't fret about it,it aint gonna change.
Pretty Sad But Humerous

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jun 8, 2012
Yup wrote:
Well you are about a stupid sum bit aren't you.
W/C still counts memorial day as do all govt agencies and banks.
Why wasn't he in your history book ? Probably because he wasn't history yet, you moron ! He was an important black man, but not being a black man, it's just not that special to me.

If you want something to bitch about MLK day, why did he get one and not ELVIS ? Now there is an injustice if I ever seen one !

Thank you, Thankyouverymuch !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nurse practitioner in dandridge 33 min Diane 2
sheriff has lost integrity (Aug '14) 4 hr Dean 21
sheriff office 20 hr janis 8
Serious Corruption in Jefferson County Government? 22 hr janis 65
brittany hackney Apr 18 that dude 10
Sonic (Nov '11) Apr 18 DirtyFrank 25
Dandridge is becoming a GHOST Town FAST Apr 17 Good ole days 4
More from around the web

Dandridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE