White Pine school getting redo

White Pine school getting redo

Posted in the Dandridge Forum

Local builder

Blythewood, SC

#1 Aug 12, 2012
I understand the school board passed a motion at last meeting to redo WP school. Any one know the details? Will they hire local people ? How do you find out?
Curious George
#2 Aug 17, 2012
Local builder wrote:
I understand the school board passed a motion at last meeting to redo WP school. Any one know the details? Will they hire local people ? How do you find out?
Remember the talk about it will create jobs when all the work starts on the schools. Has one job been created for a local from any of this?
Why Hail NO

Knoxville, TN

#3 Aug 18, 2012
You know if you actually were a "local builder" You wouldn't be on here asking stupid questions.
With the exception of architects and
engi-griffiths, NO work will benefit any locals. Unless you are counting kickbacks and underhanded profits to the school board and commission.

“These are not sweet cheeks”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 18, 2012
Why Hail NO wrote:
You know if you actually were a "local builder" You wouldn't be on here asking stupid questions.
With the exception of architects and
engi-griffiths, NO work will benefit any locals. Unless you are counting kickbacks and underhanded profits to the school board and commission.
Then theres that crazy law(aint sayin it,youre blood pressure might go crazy) that said we had to payem more,cause it Federal dough.Damned to hell.Railroad will be the same way.Thems aint the good ole systems.

“These are not sweet cheeks”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 18, 2012
SlidersAlterEgo wrote:
<quoted text> Then theres that crazy law(aint sayin it,youre blood pressure might go crazy) that said we had to payem more,cause it Federal dough.Damned to hell.Railroad will be the same way.Thems aint the good ole systems.
Damned Bondo fumes.....I meant,good ole BOY systems.If a Contractor from knoxville wins the bid,course it aint his fault that some of his employees reside in other counties than Jeff.I reckon they buy gas,lodge and eat here,so if thats any consolation,we might make a buck or two.
If Is A Big Ole Word

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 18, 2012
"IF" we don't take the stupidest financing plan we won't have to pay BD. It was available for the other nightmares, but we were suckered with the low low interest, so we would not know we were screwed until it was too late. Surely to God we wouldn't fall for that crap, AGAIN ?
But then Edmonds has been approved to get an estimate on the cost of an architects rendering of what it would look like without the portables. Really ? He just can't piss it away fast enough !
I would think one already exists, and if not perhaps one of them smart assed students who plays with photo shop could oblige him. Lets see, 4 classrooms and a cafeteria expansion, how much could they cost ?
Well we already know what 4 classrooms and septic feild work was supposed to cost before they screwed ole Randy and Talbott out of it, so they could pay for more plans on the fresh academy, but "that ship has sailed" and we don't need to dwell on it.
So how much could a measley cafeteria expansion cost ? You just wait and see. The first thing they will buy is that worthless floodplain property.
I suppose paying ten times its value will hide the payoffs and kickbacks, just like the Blackburn farm. Did you know that W/P has the worst cafeteria situation in the entire county school system ? And in ten years we have done nothing, but now it is an emergency ! Don't really think anything can be done til summer, but if we can pay extra, just maybe they can get it approved and spend the money on something else and come back for more !
I for one don't find it the least bit amusing that they wanted 11 MILLION for a new, south elementary and now, when the smoke settles, what we really need is NOTHING, at Talbott and 4 classrooms and a cafeteria at W/Pine.
WOW ! Even if we get screwed we still saved 10+million ! Well, I still feel cheap and used.
I wonder if the hospital funds will pay for this school project too ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PT work; odd jobs; m-f; 3-5? negotiable 36 min Question 3
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 45 min cougar pride 2,205
Prostitution in Newport 1 hr berlin 93
lots of interracial dating despite lots of raci... 1 hr franks-weiners 6
Get real get a job 5 hr Concerned 1
Confederate flag Sat Lucious 12
News Yarn company to locate plant in Jefferson Count... (Jul '14) Aug 26 slypknaughty 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dandridge Mortgages