Dandridge launches new branding campaign to lure in more visitors

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville

Graduation rates in Knox County have increased dramatically. School officials say it has been a combination of things that have spurred the improvement.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Embarrassing

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

This is so embarrassing for Dandridge. They paid almost $60,000 for a piece of clipart from some company that doesn't know or care anything about Dandridge. These people were laughing all the way to the bank when Dandridge gave them a call. I have never really seen a worse campaign in my life and honestly this was taxpayer money that was thrown in the toilet and flushed away. Its funny, but also kind of sad.

“A looking in view.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Embarrassing wrote:
This is so embarrassing for Dandridge. They paid almost $60,000 for a piece of clipart from some company that doesn't know or care anything about Dandridge. These people were laughing all the way to the bank when Dandridge gave them a call. I have never really seen a worse campaign in my life and honestly this was taxpayer money that was thrown in the toilet and flushed away. Its funny, but also kind of sad.
Another slogan. They love slogans.
joke

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

$60000???? What a complete waste of money. It would be nice if it at least looked good. This is the joke of the whole county right now. We got scammed!!
no way

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I will not believe the fine folks of Dandridge would fall for such. That money could buy more green paint to finish the bridge paint job.
Waste

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

A high school kid with a computer could have come up with that in 20 minutes. So we have a lake with limited public access and mountains that are 45 minutes away with Gburg, and Pigeon Forge. Maybe our logo should be "Dandridge-Gas up Here"
Barbara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

SlidersAlterEgo wrote:
<quoted text> Another slogan. They love slogans.
Missed this one! So what is it?
Move

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Embarrassing wrote:
If I were you I would just move.

“A looking in view.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed this one! So what is it?
"We saved a place for you". Kinda reminds me of my Granny's house in Treadway, where she always saves a place at the table for Slider. Sweet aint it?
Dandridge undercoveragent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Move wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were you I would just move.
Are you moving?
Boycott Dandridge

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I would like it for about $25. This is clipart! We have people around here that do this kind of stuff and much better. Shame on you Dandridge for once again teaching Jefferson County folk to NOT shop at home. We will remember that when it comes to shopping in downtown Dandridge too! Boycott! Disgraceful!
Barbara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Wish those in power would use their time and energy to get discount tickets for Jefferson County residents, for area events. ex. Dollywood, or stage shows. Then they would have something to crow about.
Personally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

That's the Yankee way of doing things.

“A looking in view.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Barbara wrote:
Wish those in power would use their time and energy to get discount tickets for Jefferson County residents, for area events. ex. Dollywood, or stage shows. Then they would have something to crow about.
Are suggesting a 'local discount'? Seever County might lobby for that if we had something to offer in trade,such as things to see and do. I know, I know, we have a piece of the lake and haunted town tours but in comparison, we are truly a ghost town.
Jim

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Dumb Logo. Dumb Slogan. Dumb Dandridge.
Barbara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Personally wrote:
That's the Yankee way of doing things.
Don't think so! Yankees like to get their monies worth.

Give people something for their money, and they will come.
Booooo

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

So funny! This is what happens when you get a bunch of know it alls trying to run a town. This was obviously done by amateurs and there is nothing about it that will help Dandridge bring in visitors. We saved a place for you? Sure! About 8 years ago when the slogan was used by a motel chain.
Tom Bodett

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

I was kinda hoping they would hire me to say,
"Dandridge, We'll leave the light on for you..."

But don't forget your checkbook !
ThreeWords

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Horr-I-ble!!! Come on Dandridge, use a little common sense! If you are so eager to throw tax payer money away, I am sure there are some people around here who could use it.
Really

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

What happened to SHOP.DINE.STAY billboard that was placed on 66? Oh right,no shopping,no dining,no where to stay...Thats probably why they changed the slogan.What a bunch of IDIOTS!!! And do we really need all those real estate companies downtown...Come on, put some shops in and maybe someone will come to this place.Oh sorry,they probably come for the used appliance place with the old ovens on the sidewalk.
gay street

Jefferson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

dumbest thing I have seen in a long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dandridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 36 min LeeLee1962 9,273
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
sweet shoppe 4 hr Ummm 50
JCHS website 4 hr wow 5
Man stabbed 11 hr Sorry people 7
sheriff has lost integrity 14 hr JimmyDeed 15
Taste of Nations 23 hr MainStreetTina 1

Search the Dandridge Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Dandridge Jobs

•••