Coyote attacks dog in Stamford

Coyote attacks dog in Stamford

There are 5 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Coyote attacks dog in Stamford. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Rascal, a 13-year-old Lhasa Apso, is clinging to life after his owner said it was attacked by a coyote Sunday morning in her North Stamford back yard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

No More Homeless Pets

Ridgefield, CT

#1 Apr 8, 2008
So the title of the article is "Coyote attacks dog in Stamford" yet if you actually read the article it says there is absolutely no proof it was a coyote. Sensationalism sells papers, I guess.
SleepingEditor

Ansonia, CT

#2 Apr 8, 2008
"to say what animal did it would be guessing."

So did the News-Times guess which animal and make it the headline? WTF
judgejay

New Milford, CT

#3 Apr 9, 2008
Coyotes have made a habit of killing and eating cats and small dogs all over the country. Fairfield county has plenty of coyotes doing the same thing here. Cats go missing all the time it's no surprise as they are no match for a coyote or fox.
Coyotes killed two cats in my neighborhood alone last spring. As for how I know I saw a coyote with my neighbors cat in its mouth making tracks for the woods.
Ted

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Apr 9, 2008
I drive through wilton and every week there was a new sign for missing cat. One day I saw the cat eliminator.(Coyote) crossing the road. So sad but they eat the easiest target and domesticated animals are easy. I hope this dog makes a full recovery!
Gaby

Lodi, NJ

#5 May 2, 2010
I am living just one block of Merrit and High Ridge Rd, I saw a coyote last nigth eating some little animal, I dont know if it was a cat, a squirrel or a buny! The little animal was desesperatly yelling.....Poor little animals!:o(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teachers rally against standardized tests 4 min DJW 28
News New Fairfield cops, state troopers unite (Jan '08) 17 hr Skip new fairfield 30
SBA = Stinky Black Animal May 27 jiggers 4
News Baby boomers take on entrepreneurship May 23 American Gentlema... 1
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) May 11 Whos in the no 196
News Teresa Giudice's lawyer insists she's making fr... May 2 Animal Instinct 11
Officer Trahan Ridgefield Police Dept. investig... May 1 chaseguy203 1
More from around the web

Danbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]