City: Oasis Cafe attempted to become strip club

There are 60 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Sep 2, 2008, titled City: Oasis Cafe attempted to become strip club. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Evidence that Oasis Cafe was returning to its roots as a gentlemen's club forced the city to temporarily shut down the establishment, according to city officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Do Not Eat The Burgers

AOL

#44 Sep 3, 2008
O.K. forget the outside tables,
"CLOSE IT DOWN FOR GOOD"
link

Wolcott, CT

#46 Sep 3, 2008
Hey keep this place from opening.. It's just another illegal business waiting to come in.. you already
see the evidence with viewing booths and the poles.. what else need s to be said.. trash the building period..
Deadbury

United States

#47 Sep 3, 2008
sounds like quit a place for illegals to spend their money!
Ataboy

United States

#48 Sep 3, 2008
Monopoly wrote:
Why should Elans and Down The Hatch be viewed differently.. They have no competition and here is why. Thank you Monopoly I mean Danbury
It might be inconvenient to point out that Down The Hatch is located in Brookfield. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
gtjnrt

Danbury, CT

#50 Sep 3, 2008
we need more strip clubs!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!
Seems personal

Shelton, CT

#51 Sep 3, 2008
If I'm right, the owners of the place have the right to re-open this place as a strip club because of the nonconforming zone use of the land. What's the time period in which a property use is legally abandoned as the Zoning officer is suggesting.

Not that I'm for a strip club but it seems like the owners of this place have been getting a hard time from the city for some time and I'm not for the government interfering with businesses they don't like.
Big Lou DeLuca

Trumbull, CT

#53 Sep 3, 2008
Ataboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be inconvenient to point out that Down The Hatch is located in Brookfield. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
A few strippers would be a welcomed addition at Down the Hatch.
Laughing

Exeter, NH

#55 Sep 3, 2008
Stroker Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know an awful lot about all this, it must have been in the course of doing "research"
Actually, it was in the course of asking those nice officers to lock their guns up.... wink wink
Rusty

North Haven, CT

#56 Sep 3, 2008
Cliff Hanger wrote:
Keep the Oasis as a pork chop strip bar. It will keep the crime rate low in Danbury. Have a 1/2 price night for aliens.
Heee heee heee ... love it! Now that's funny man.
paulleone

AOL

#57 Sep 3, 2008
No Offense wrote:
These people sound like real scumbags. Trying to decieve the city at every turn.
Domestic (US grown) scumbags, or illegal Mexicano or Brazilion ones- all gravitate to Dumpbury!!!
Willybert

New York, NY

#58 Sep 4, 2008
I think it was mentioned have illegal night and have ICE stake out the area and deport the animals.
MrRightNow

United States

#59 Sep 4, 2008
OK the joint looks shady and the couple looks skanky. I don't think Danbury needs anymore "skank" factor thank you. Mr. Barret and Mrs Illegal Alien (I'm sure until she married) try going to The Dirty Water to open some skank crap like that :)
lol at you

United States

#60 Sep 4, 2008
paulleone wrote:
<quoted text> Domestic (US grown) scumbags, or illegal Mexicano or Brazilion ones- all gravitate to Dumpbury!!!
people in this day and age still use AOL??? LMMFAO!
true or false__96

Cayey, Puerto Rico

#61 Sep 7, 2008
I seen the Devil true colors, there not nice
supporter

Hartford, CT

#62 Oct 7, 2008
First of all, I personally know the owner and her husband.. The intention of reopening was mainly to just be a bar and have a kareoke/open mic stage... It wasnt originally meant to be a strip club. The whole contreversy began when the school went against the idea of having a bar located near the school. She wasnt going to receive a liqour license because of that.. So she decided to open the place the way it was before it was closed down. as a strip club. Strip clubs are NOT illegal. Bars are NOT illegal. Get your facts correct before you worship articles written in the newspaper.

And another thing, saying that its just another place for "immigrants to hang out" is the most ignorant thing a person can say...
true blood

Topsham, ME

#63 Oct 7, 2008
now how i will feed my 4 kids
Bill

New Haven, CT

#64 Oct 7, 2008
true blood wrote:
now how i will feed my 4 kids
Sell them for crack money.
Vincent J Mavilia

Ridgewood, NJ

#65 Nov 10, 2008
I am the former owner of the subject "Oasis Cafe". I became aware just a couple of days ago that there was some issue at 38 Shelter Rock Road, Danbury, Ct. 06810 (Now called the Oasis Cafe). Coincidentally, I had a strip Joint [as I call them)in Westport years ago.
It is puzzling & it isn't puzzling. Must sound crazy but maybe not.
Nidia Vargas the owner of the Oasis Cafe could have immediately opened as a "Strip Club", Go-Go-Joint, Nude Bar, Gentlemen's Club, Sleeze Joint, Pervert Alley [blast from the past], Whore House, House of Prostitution, any of the above.
Nidia Vargas is very bright, a woman of her word and whatever she is up to [I certainly don't know] I believe it is well planned, calculated to the maximum and she will prevail.
For whatever it is worth...That is my comment.
not here

Topsham, ME

#67 Nov 11, 2008
If the former use had indeed been abandoned, as the city of Danbury claims, why would they require a signed statement that the former use would not be continued? Just seems a little odd to me. For the record- I am not acqainted with anyone involved.
V Mavilia 860 866 4664

Ridgewood, NJ

#68 Jan 15, 2009
Vincent J Mavilia wrote:
I am the former owner of the subject "Oasis Cafe". I became aware just a couple of days ago that there was some issue at 38 Shelter Rock Road, Danbury, Ct. 06810 (Now called the Oasis Cafe). Coincidentally, I had a strip Joint [as I call them)in Westport years ago.
It is puzzling & it isn't puzzling. Must sound crazy but maybe not.
Nidia Vargas the owner of the Oasis Cafe could have immediately opened as a "Strip Club", Go-Go-Joint, Nude Bar, Gentlemen's Club, Sleeze Joint, Pervert Alley [blast from the past],**** House, House of Prostitution, any of the above.
Nidia Vargas is very bright, a woman of her word and whatever she is up to [I certainly don't know] I believe it is well planned, calculated to the maximum and she will prevail.
For whatever it is worth...That is my comment.
Where is Nidia Vargas? If anyone sees her have her contact me OR more respectfully, "ASK" her to contact me. Many thanks <vmaviliact@gmail.com> [I have Nidia Vargas withdrawals..nice lady!]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teachers rally against standardized tests 2 hr Phillys Faringdon 18
SBA = Stinky Black Animal 4 hr jiggers 4
News Baby boomers take on entrepreneurship May 23 American Gentlema... 1
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) May 11 Whos in the no 196
News Teresa Giudice's lawyer insists she's making fr... May 2 Animal Instinct 11
Officer Trahan Ridgefield Police Dept. investig... May 1 chaseguy203 1
News Norwalk YMCA, Wilton Family Y Merge Into One En... May 1 Norwalk resistanc... 1
More from around the web

Danbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]