New Fairfield emergency radio system ...

New Fairfield emergency radio system goes to vote Saturday

There are 38 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Sep 10, 2009, titled New Fairfield emergency radio system goes to vote Saturday. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

A proposal to upgrade the town's emergency radio communications system, shot down at a referendum last December, will go before voters again Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amusing

Chicopee, MA

#1 Sep 10, 2009
No NO NO NO Overkill, waste of money. Can be done cheaper that building a simulcast system.
PattyPlus

Oxford, MA

#2 Sep 10, 2009
So the same thing that cost 2.2 million is now less than a year later going to cost half as much? And Hodge said it was a great deal at 2.2 million

give me a break. Who can trust any of this BS? Someone's going to make a ton of $$$ on NF's taxpayers
Way to Go

Worcester, MA

#3 Sep 10, 2009
Vote this thing DOWN. Nextel phones are proven to be better than this "magic solution" and cheaper. This is just more toys for the fireman and a chance for Hodge to line his pockets again at the taxpayers expense. If Hodge was 100 percent behind the $2.1 million project, why is this $1.2 million project better?
NFer

Southbridge, MA

#4 Sep 10, 2009
When were Nextel phones proven to be better? I had Nextel, you can't get reception in some parts of my house but you can in others and it's not a big house.

I hope that the firemen get all the 'toys' they want.
Lies and More Lies

Morris, CT

#5 Sep 10, 2009
Way to Go wrote:
Vote this thing DOWN. Nextel phones are proven to be better than this "magic solution" and cheaper. This is just more toys for the fireman and a chance for Hodge to line his pockets again at the taxpayers expense. If Hodge was 100 percent behind the $2.1 million project, why is this $1.2 million project better?
John Hodge is a habitual liar and always will be. Don't believe what he says he consistently embellishes the true facts.
Example, he states that residents can have the "community center" when in fact the grant for the Senior Center stipulates that for 20 years the building has to stay according to grant specifications, which is a Senior Center only! Also the live feed for Channel 17 requires a $10,000 dollar fee for Charter Communications, which was for the HS only as part of the donation specification, not the Community Center, which means two fees are required now. Habitual lies. The children cannot use the "Community Room" because there is "NO SAFTY" implemented there. People/editors should have a background profile checks like the teachers in the schools; it's a safety issue for the children to be there. Two live feeds cost money no matter what he says. How was the Senior Center furniture paid for? Donations, because the extra money went to equipment for the "Community Center Studio" Does that make sense?
Where is the thought process, there is none?“Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me.”
Transparency and honest have never have been part of his ter as Selectman, period. Grants are not "free do as you please" money, ultimately someone has to pay and that's the taxpayer.
Angry Senior

AOL

#6 Sep 11, 2009
Way to Go wrote:
What a fool! Nextel won't even guarantee coverage. Also, a slight problem, Nextel phone don't like water! Hello!

Since: Dec 08

Jackson, TN

#7 Sep 11, 2009
The system does not even allow firefighters in some of the schools to talk to commanders outside, McCue said.

"If an alarm goes off in the middle school, we can have a firefighter inside and I can be standing in front of the building, and I can't talk to (him)."

That's because the building has too much metal and mortar. Even cell phones have a problem with signals and there is a tower at MHHS. I always had to walk near a window or outside to get my phone to work. A tower for the radio system isn't going to get passed all that metal either.. ITs a bunch of bunk. And voting on a saturday again... why not during the week when people are out going to work.. every time a vote is done on a saturday, whatever the lameass selectman wants passed goes through.. Voters take warning.. Hodgepodge is pulling a fast one again...
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#8 Sep 11, 2009
Lies and More Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
John Hodge is a habitual liar and always will be. Don't believe what he says he consistently embellishes the true facts.
Example, he states that residents can have the "community center" when in fact the grant for the Senior Center stipulates that for 20 years the building has to stay according to grant specifications, which is a Senior Center only! Also the live feed for Channel 17 requires a $10,000 dollar fee for Charter Communications, which was for the HS only as part of the donation specification, not the Community Center, which means two fees are required now. Habitual lies. The children cannot use the "Community Room" because there is "NO SAFTY" implemented there. People/editors should have a background profile checks like the teachers in the schools; it's a safety issue for the children to be there. Two live feeds cost money no matter what he says. How was the Senior Center furniture paid for? Donations, because the extra money went to equipment for the "Community Center Studio" Does that make sense?
Where is the thought process, there is none?“Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me.”
Transparency and honest have never have been part of his ter as Selectman, period. Grants are not "free do as you please" money, ultimately someone has to pay and that's the taxpayer.
Lunatic fringe. You guys are turning this into another one of your personal scream rooms. What a shame!
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#9 Sep 11, 2009
Amusing wrote:
No NO NO NO Overkill, waste of money. Can be done cheaper that building a simulcast system.
In spite of your radical views, I intend to vote yes.
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#10 Sep 11, 2009
Way to Go wrote:
If you have evidence of past or present ethics violations, file your complaint. In short, put up or shut up.
Liar

Morris, CT

#11 Sep 11, 2009
HappyinNewFairfield wrote:
<quoted text>Lunatic fringe. You guys are turning this into another one of your personal scream rooms. What a shame!
Bunch of thieves. You didn't deny what I said, you just repeated your usual bull crap.
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#12 Sep 11, 2009
Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunch of thieves. You didn't deny what I said, you just repeated your usual bull ****.
Your rant is so far out in left field, it doesn't deserve a detailed rebuttal. If you think raving like a madman persuades anyone, you are very much mistaken.
Liar

Morris, CT

#13 Sep 11, 2009
<quoted text>Your rant is so far out in left field, it doesn't deserve a detailed rebuttal. If you think raving like a madman persuades anyone, you are very much mistaken.
You're are liar and you know it. Why would you deceive the town taxpayer?
I don't buy into your crap Kim and you of all people should be ashamed at what John Hodge truly represents, because you know it's not your true ideals.
How can fleecing the taxpayer for more money be a good thing? Call it what you want color it what you may but the truth hurts and you guys are a dictatorship with no manner of listening to your constituents.
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#14 Sep 11, 2009
Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
You're are liar and you know it. Why would you deceive the town taxpayer?
I don't buy into your **** Kim and you of all people should be ashamed at what John Hodge truly represents, because you know it's not your true ideals.
How can fleecing the taxpayer for more money be a good thing? Call it what you want color it what you may but the truth hurts and you guys are a dictatorship with no manner of listening to your constituents.
There you go again,
Liar

Morris, CT

#15 Sep 11, 2009
<quoted text>There you go again,
Truth hurts...still you can't clarify when the truth is there.
Amusing

Chicopee, MA

#16 Sep 12, 2009
HappyinNewFairfi eld

You must be one of hodges kool aid drinkers. disturbs you that many people know that it can be done cheaper. This actually could have been done with money that was put towards other things but hodge continues to bypass the bof for his arrogant agenda.
Amusing

Chicopee, MA

#17 Sep 12, 2009
The wntire story is not being told apparently this is only the first phase, 2 more phase's of the same or equal amount will also be asked over the next three years totaling around 5 to 6 mil. You cannot build a full simulcast for 1.2 mil.
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#18 Sep 12, 2009
Amusing wrote:
HappyinNewFairfi eld
You must be one of hodges kool aid drinkers. disturbs you that many people know that it can be done cheaper. This actually could have been done with money that was put towards other things but hodge continues to bypass the bof for his arrogant agenda.
According to the Cit News, the BOF endorsed the communication system upgrade at its last meeting.
HappyinNewFairfi eld

Ludlow, MA

#19 Sep 12, 2009
Amusing wrote:
The wntire story is not being told apparently this is only the first phase, 2 more phase's of the same or equal amount will also be asked over the next three years totaling around 5 to 6 mil. You cannot build a full simulcast for 1.2 mil.
Let the lies begin.
Amusing

Chicopee, MA

#20 Sep 12, 2009
<quoted text>Let the lies begin.
No lies because you cannot build a full simulcast for under 6 mil minimum... You are truly misinformed.

Who ever thinks this will work is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael J. Fox Performs with Coldplay at MetLif... Jul 18 rcu0610 1
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Jul 15 Hello 416
News Father of Squantz Pond drowning victim held in ... (Jan '08) Jul 7 Rev D 41
News Parking passes on sale for Ridgefield Fourth of... Jun 28 Will 1
News Watch: Bethel Fire Department Launches Video Ca... Jun '16 Mee 2
News Danbury Hospital Launches Outpatient Palliative... Jun '16 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Bill Would Raise Penalties For Careless Drivers... Jun '16 ffctguitar 3

Danbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Danbury Mortgages