3 killed in I-84 multi-vehicle accident

3 killed in I-84 multi-vehicle accident

There are 19 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Oct 14, 2007, titled 3 killed in I-84 multi-vehicle accident. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

A multi-vehicle accident on Interstate 84 East has left three dead and closed all lanes between Exits 8 and 9. The state Department of Transportation says the crash, which occurred sometime around 5 p.m. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

sam

Middletown, CT

#1 Oct 14, 2007
I was stuck in the traffic for an hour just to get from exit 2 to 5....
cooty

Exeter, NH

#2 Oct 14, 2007
thats so sad=[
JCC

Shelton, CT

#3 Oct 14, 2007
very sad...I was leaving Target and could see the smoke billowing...not to mention the traffic backup.
JustLetMeLeave

Provincetown, MA

#4 Oct 14, 2007
Who is handling the traffic in the city of Danbury? Certainly NOT the city police! What a mess, let DOT and the State Police clear the road and put your manpower on the major intersections within Danbury. I live directly off exit 8, above Fast Freddies, and had people threaten me to get over when they drove into oncoming traffic to get ahead of those of us waiting. I've NEVER seen so many rude and idiote drivers in my life, but hey, that's CT!
mouseketeer

Jericho, VT

#5 Oct 14, 2007
Any news on the accident that closed Stadley Rough Rd. in Danbury all evening?
fools

Shelton, CT

#6 Oct 14, 2007
good idea, lets not provide police services to the rest of the city for one accident. The accident happened in Bethel anyway, however Danbury was effected most by the traffic. God forbid people are inconvienced for a couple of hours, at least they have a family to go home to...
Robert

Shelton, CT

#7 Oct 14, 2007
A red pick up truck heading west was cut off, the ran onto the median then hit the guardrail, went airborne and landed on a silver Honda Civic four door. The pick up burst into flames after the accident. Several people who saw the accident happen, said that two people in the Honda were still alive. Witnesses also said the driver of the truck walked away with minor injuries. The two vehicle were very far apart with the Honda on the right side medium the truck came to rest on the passing lane, facing east bound. Very horrific accident. From the dashboard up there was nothing left of the Honda. The center of the truck was about 4 feet above the rest of it. I have never seen anything like before. Hopefully everyone survived
band of horses

Avon, CT

#8 Oct 14, 2007
JustLetMeLeave wrote:
Who is handling the traffic in the city of Danbury? Certainly NOT the city police! What a mess, let DOT and the State Police clear the road and put your manpower on the major intersections within Danbury. I live directly off exit 8, above Fast Freddies, and had people threaten me to get over when they drove into oncoming traffic to get ahead of those of us waiting. I've NEVER seen so many rude and idiote drivers in my life, but hey, that's CT!
...it was in bethel.
Robert

Shelton, CT

#9 Oct 14, 2007
A red pick up truck heading west was cut off, then ran onto the median then hit the guardrail, went airborne and landed on a silver Honda Civic four door. The pick up burst into flames after the accident. Several people who saw the accident happen, said that two people in the Honda were still alive. Witnesses also said the driver of the truck walked away with minor injuries. The two vehicles were very far apart with the Honda on the right side medium the truck came to rest on the passing lane, facing east bound. Very horrific accident. From the dashboard up there was nothing left of the Honda. The center of the truck was about 4 feet above the rest of it. I have never seen anything like before. Hopefully everyone survived
one of a kind

Avon, CT

#10 Oct 14, 2007
this is sooooo sad. my prayers goes out to all of them and there families.
Geri

Worcester, MA

#11 Oct 14, 2007
Robert wrote:
A red pick up truck heading west was cut off, then ran onto the median then hit the guardrail, went airborne and landed on a silver Honda Civic four door. The pick up burst into flames after the accident. Several people who saw the accident happen, said that two people in the Honda were still alive. Witnesses also said the driver of the truck walked away with minor injuries. The two vehicles were very far apart with the Honda on the right side medium the truck came to rest on the passing lane, facing east bound. Very horrific accident. From the dashboard up there was nothing left of the Honda. The center of the truck was about 4 feet above the rest of it. I have never seen anything like before. Hopefully everyone survived
I sat in the resulting traffic jam for 30-45 minutes before taking exit 7 and making my way across Connecticut on Hwy 202. I'm glad to know what happened.
Robert, thank you for your description of the accident. Just reading about it leaves me very thankful that I left New York later than planned. Otherwise, I could have easily been near the spot when the red pickup truck came flying into the eastbound traffic.
My condolences to the loved ones of the person who died, and I hope the others recover quickly.
bobo

United States

#12 Oct 14, 2007
Yes, the wreck was in Bethel. But since there are no exits in Bethel, traffic was forced off 84 East at exit 8 which is in Danbury. Obviously it then becomes Danbury's problem as well.

The other two occupants of the car suffered major injuries.

As for the Stadley Rough Road closure, that was for a fatal motorcycle accident.
bethelguy

Boston, MA

#13 Oct 14, 2007
What a shame! Please don't forget the volunteers of the Bethel Fire department and the assist from Danbury doing a tough job.
concerned parent

AOL

#14 Oct 17, 2007
This tragic accident has left families and friends in grief and despair. Three young lives are changed forever because of driver negligence. As the parents of the the girls' friends, we send our deepest coldolences to all of you.
We know our daughter is trying to be strong for her friends and their families, as she said, alot of people will need hugs.

A Friend of April

Saugus, MA

#15 Oct 17, 2007
I am so deeply saddened that she is not with us. She was so young and had so much to live for - I will miss the vitality and life that she brought with her - it is so difficult to understand. I wish her family all the warmth, care, comfort and prayers during these difficult days and to let you know that you are not alone and that April lives on in all of our hearts. God Bless all the families that have experienced such a tremendous loss. ARS
band of horses

Colchester, CT

#16 Jan 17, 2008
bethelguy wrote:
What a shame! Please don't forget the volunteers of the Bethel Fire department and the assist from Danbury doing a tough job.
*Stony Hill Fire Department

:D
Stop the Road Rage

Brookfield, CT

#17 Sep 12, 2011
This accident was horrific. Terrible site to see as I left my office at 5:10. As a commuter from Southbury to Danbury & back, lets all try to drive a little more responsible. People flying up the slow lane, people gunning it to cut in and out of one lane to another and back and forth again, not thinking of the people in the cars they cut off, and keep in mind that the on-coming ramp to 84 does not have the right of way to push cars almost into the outside lane just so they can squeeze onto the highway. The oncoming ramp should slow down and enter when there is an opening. Think of your own family member driving and ask yourself would you like someone to treat your daughter, son, wife or husband like that???
Cherly Boston

United States

#18 Sep 13, 2011
Stop the Road Rage wrote:
This accident was horrific. Terrible site to see as I left my office at 5:10. As a commuter from Southbury to Danbury & back, lets all try to drive a little more responsible. People flying up the slow lane, people gunning it to cut in and out of one lane to another and back and forth again, not thinking of the people in the cars they cut off, and keep in mind that the on-coming ramp to 84 does not have the right of way to push cars almost into the outside lane just so they can squeeze onto the highway. The oncoming ramp should slow down and enter when there is an opening. Think of your own family member driving and ask yourself would you like someone to treat your daughter, son, wife or husband like that???
We alll agree with you, but there are just too many brown people around here. It's not safe at all.
Stop the Road Rage

Windsor, CT

#19 Sep 13, 2011
Cherly Boston wrote:
<quoted text>
We alll agree with you, but there are just too many brown people around here. It's not safe at all.
Color has nothing to do with Road Rage..get a life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know shelbey roy (Mar '15) Mon bell 2
News Teen lacrosse player wants to build field to ho... Aug 28 New Fairfield Wat... 1
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Aug 17 In the know 417
Bernie Sanders/never Hillary Aug 8 Harper 2
Michael J. Fox Performs with Coldplay at MetLif... Jul '16 rcu0610 1
News Father of Squantz Pond drowning victim held in ... (Jan '08) Jul '16 Rev D 41
News Parking passes on sale for Ridgefield Fourth of... Jun '16 Will 1

Danbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Danbury Mortgages