Woman out to prove kinship to Lucy and Desi

Full story: Stamford Advocate

Cassandria Carlson avoided watching episodes of "I Love Lucy" up until a few years ago, when she fell asleep on the couch and woke up to a rerun.
Comments
41 - 50 of 50 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Out to prove kinship to Lucy and Desi.... now there's an important mission!
When the announcement is official, I'll make sure I'm sitting down.
BPT

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

how about fred and ethel, their neighbors, couple of swingers!!!
ania

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

wah..
Anonymous

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Not a fantasy at all. It's been proven beyond all measure of law and medicine. The nonsense about how "they tried so long" and all that other sentimental baloney is what's excessive.

This case was not based in rumor or fiction. The case has been scrutinized by legal and medical parties that have no stake in this claim. It's settled. Any further snotty remarks posting online will be examined for legal action.

Make sure your postings are correct, polite and respectful as this woman as you refer to her happens to be "a lady" and her assertions were based in biological fact not fiction.

Go through your writing and edit it appropriately. Any material you leave posted that either calls her a liar or suggests any other negative sentiment will be subject to suit. She packs a detective, a DNA company CEO and several attorneys. I would not take her on if I were you.

She's proven herself and she wants nothing from anyone. She's a formidable business woman and she has her act together. And if she chooses not to sue anyone that defames her, the company she works with might sue you anyway. You're on notice.

My suggestion to you is that you edit this posting and make sure it looks the way you want it to look when she downloads it and walks over to the court house. She is no laughing matter - she is all business.
Far Fetched wrote:
This is a wild fantasy. That couple struggled to become pregnant for years, why give away a baby after trying so long? "Oops changed our minds?" Her claim a baby would "get in the way of Lucy's career" is insane. She could have hired a nanny like all the other Hollywood stars.
Like that guy last month in the paper, who swore he was a missing boy from the 1950's because "he looked like the kid" and "never fit in with his family." DNA proved him living in a fantasy world and having mental problems. His parents were his REAL parents, they did not adopt him! He simply didn't like them and wanted to find a link to some other family, even though DNA proved him wrong.
Countless other lonely people claim to be linked to royalty, political bigwigs, famous Indian Chiefs, or other Hollywood stars. They claim to be a secret love child or adopted. Happens every year.
It sucks when we realize there is nothing famous or royal in our family. It's sad, however, when people don't accept that and start making up a fantasy world to try and feel important and special.
And of course, there is the claims to money behind most of this, as was noted in the article. If it was truly about family connections, money would not be an issue. Adopted children do NOT go about seeking their birth parents to hit them up for money!
Instead of making claims, this woman should see a counselor to find out what desparate longing and depression caused this sad delusion. She can then work through her problems, and find REAL purpose in her life, such as volunteering or charity work, instead of trying to leech off a celebrity fantasy world.
As for any "physical resemblance" people see what they want to see. Our friend adopted a little girl from Russia years ago, and it's funny how people who didn't know she was adopted said "She has your eyes and smile!" and "Oh she looks just like her mother!" Even though the mother is Irish and the baby was from Russia. They look for similarities. It's human nature.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

SyndicatedNews wrote:
Not a fantasy at all. It's been proven beyond all measure of law and medicine. The nonsense about how "they tried so long" and all that other sentimental baloney is what's excessive.
This case was not based in rumor or fiction. The case has been scrutinized by legal and medical parties that have no stake in this claim. It's settled. Any further snotty remarks posting online will be examined for legal action.
Make sure your postings are correct, polite and respectful as this woman as you refer to her happens to be "a lady" and her assertions were based in biological fact not fiction.
Go through your writing and edit it appropriately. Any material you leave posted that either calls her a liar or suggests any other negative sentiment will be subject to suit. She packs a detective, a DNA company CEO and several attorneys. I would not take her on if I were you.
She's proven herself and she wants nothing from anyone. She's a formidable business woman and she has her act together. And if she chooses not to sue anyone that defames her, the company she works with might sue you anyway. You're on notice.
My suggestion to you is that you edit this posting and make sure it looks the way you want it to look when she downloads it and walks over to the court house. She is no laughing matter - she is all business.
<quoted text>
It's all utterly unimportant.
lukebandit

Rainbow City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
So wouldn't it be a simple thing to DNA Lucy and Desi Jr. to either send this sorry soul on her way or possibly confirm her claim? But, as often happens with these things, the known relatives refuse to submit to a DNA test and end up keeping the claimant in the news for months to come.
They don't want to DNA anybody! If the lady is the granddaughter of Lucy and Desi, she would be able to have an inheritance. And her mother, the daughter of Lucy and Desi would have an EQUAL PART just like Desi Jr. and his sister. They would rather have the money than possibly have another sibling. Look at Oprah. She reunited with her half-sister just recently. Oprah's mother put her up for adoption. These 2 women DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

lukebandit wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want to DNA anybody! If the lady is the granddaughter of Lucy and Desi, she would be able to have an inheritance. And her mother, the daughter of Lucy and Desi would have an EQUAL PART just like Desi Jr. and his sister. They would rather have the money than possibly have another sibling. Look at Oprah. She reunited with her half-sister just recently. Oprah's mother put her up for adoption. These 2 women DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH!
True, but there's money-grubbing behind all of it. Nothing more disgusting than all the females of the extended family fighting over the spoils. Seems to be happening in most families now.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

True is #61.
America Gentleman Samuel

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

BPT wrote:
how about fred and ethel, their neighbors, couple of swingers!!!
I bet they would have used e-harmony like I do!
Nulli Secundus

Woodbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

…kinship to Lucy and Desi…
MOST people would want to keep something like that as quiet as POSSIBLE...

Does she have an irritating voice and is LESS funny than a baby in convulsions? The she COULD be related to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Dana Point News Video

•••
•••

Dana Point Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dana Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE