Is Chad Byron a criminal?

Posted in the Damascus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Damascus oldtimer

Johnson City, TN

#1 Apr 27, 2008
When someone questioned Chad Byron's use of a fire truck to fill his pool, and questioned his misuse of fire department funds, someone who suspiciously sounds like Byron responded that "everyone gets a little of something extra for what they do." Most of this response is copied below. He obviously has no problem using public property for his own purposes. In most cases this is criminal activity. If this is not criminal activity, how should this be described? Is Chad Byron a criminal? Or just someone who has assumed special privileges for himself?

Here's what the "someone who sounds like Chad Byron" wrote:

....but for filling up his pool. he's a volunteer for the community, he gets up and runs calls for free. who cares if he filled up his pool. small price to pay so i can stay in bed when there is a emergency at 1 am. small price to pay so i dont have to fight a fire. everyone gets a little of something extra for what they do. walmart employees get a discount. car dealers get to drive new cars home. when a nurse's child is sick they know the doctor so they go right on back so they dont wait in the waiting room. big deal...
Gertie

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Apr 27, 2008
hmmmm, if everyone thought that they were owed something then we'd have a lot more punks in the world!

TOW

“Larry Riddle”

Since: Apr 08

Damascus, Va

#3 Apr 27, 2008
Has anyone thought to ask did he have permission form the Chief? If he said okay, then where should the blame be shifted.

What do you think Oldtimer, is he a criminal?
Dave

United States

#4 Apr 27, 2008
TOW wrote:
Has anyone thought to ask did he have permission form the Chief? If he said okay, then where should the blame be shifted.
If anyone would have bothered to listen to what Mr. Byron had to say at the "personal attack meeting" put on by the half a$$ed manager at the Old Mill you would have heard the facts you are looking for.

Mr. Byron said that the Fire Chief last year told him he could fill another members pool but that he couldn't fill non-members pools because of the liability to the fire department if the pool was damaged. If I'm not mistaken the Fire Chief has changed since last year so where does the blame shift to TOW. If last years chief approved it maybe it is within their policy. If so nothing done was wrong.

As for the money that it is claimed is missing Mr. Byron said that he owed the money not to the fire department but to the member who had ran the consession area before the Byrons. That gentleman, when asked at the Old Mill by Mr. Byron if he had ever prepared the itemized list he was asked for, said and I quote "I told you that was about how much it was". His answer indicated either an unwillingness to give Mr. Byron an itemized list or that it was not important enough for him to take the time. The only other option I can see is that it was not $600 worth and he can't come up with an itemized list of $600 to equal what was there when Mr. Byron did take it over.

This is a politically motivated attack on Mr. Byron. The Old Mill had Re-Elect Creed Jones on their marquee board for weeks. The fire department member making accusations toward Mr. Byron eats breakfast with Creed Jones practically every morning. If you look at these facts you come up with the inevitable conclusion; The manager of The Old Mill, Creed Jones, the accusing fire department member and whoever else was worried that Creed Jones might lose the election orchestrated a so called forum, called the press in to publicize it and personally attacked anyone who was not supporting Creed Jones.

How can a forum be non-biased if the person who is supposed to be moderating it is supporting one of the candidates? The answer, it can't.

Do you wonder, if this complaint about the money happened around a year ago as they say, why did it take this long to come out? If the accuser, who is supporting Creed Jones, was so worried about "fire department funds" why didn't he take care of the problem within the fire department months ago? Why did he not bring the issue up at one of the fire departments meetings and have Mr. Byron removed from his position. Why did he wait until Mr. Byron was running for political office against Creed Jones before bringing this up? Why is he opposed to giving Mr. Byron an itemized bill for what he claims is owed?

If any of you received a bill which said "We are not giving you an itemized statement but you owe us about $600, would you pay it?

Wake up people, your mayor is playing you for fools. Think about who your candidate will be and if you don't want to vote for a "punk" at least don't vote for an old "punk" who thinks he can manipulate you for your vote.
Gertie

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Apr 28, 2008
So what? He still owes money he hasn't paid yet!!!!
Voter

Johnson City, TN

#6 Apr 28, 2008
Please enlighten us. You say Byron owes money to the member that ran the concessions. Did Byron borrow the money from him or did he "use" the food from the concessions for himself8672? I would like to know the whole story.
ranger rick

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 28, 2008
TOW wrote:
Good question, Tow. "Dave," who is really Chad Byron, blathers on in his own defense. But consider this: I am a volunteer with the Red Cross. If I take our Disaster Relief Vehicle home for personal reasons, what would happen? One, I would no long be a Red Cross Volunteer. Two, I would be charged with theft of a vehicle.

Just read "Dave's" manic raving above and consider if this is a criminal mind at work. And yes, if the chief keeps supporting him, pushing him for mayor to protect his own job, then your question is a good one.
Lady Liberty

Abingdon, VA

#8 Apr 28, 2008
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone would have bothered to listen to what Mr. Byron had to say at the "personal attack meeting" put on by the half a$$ed manager at the Old Mill you would have heard the facts you are looking for.
Mr. Byron said that the Fire Chief last year told him he could fill another members pool but that he couldn't fill non-members pools because of the liability to the fire department if the pool was damaged. If I'm not mistaken the Fire Chief has changed since last year so where does the blame shift to TOW. If last years chief approved it maybe it is within their policy. If so nothing done was wrong.
As for the money that it is claimed is missing Mr. Byron said that he owed the money not to the fire department but to the member who had ran the consession area before the Byrons. That gentleman, when asked at the Old Mill by Mr. Byron if he had ever prepared the itemized list he was asked for, said and I quote "I told you that was about how much it was". His answer indicated either an unwillingness to give Mr. Byron an itemized list or that it was not important enough for him to take the time. The only other option I can see is that it was not $600 worth and he can't come up with an itemized list of $600 to equal what was there when Mr. Byron did take it over.
This is a politically motivated attack on Mr. Byron. The Old Mill had Re-Elect Creed Jones on their marquee board for weeks. The fire department member making accusations toward Mr. Byron eats breakfast with Creed Jones practically every morning. If you look at these facts you come up with the inevitable conclusion; The manager of The Old Mill, Creed Jones, the accusing fire department member and whoever else was worried that Creed Jones might lose the election orchestrated a so called forum, called the press in to publicize it and personally attacked anyone who was not supporting Creed Jones.
How can a forum be non-biased if the person who is supposed to be moderating it is supporting one of the candidates? The answer, it can't.
Do you wonder, if this complaint about the money happened around a year ago as they say, why did it take this long to come out? If the accuser, who is supporting Creed Jones, was so worried about "fire department funds" why didn't he take care of the problem within the fire department months ago? Why did he not bring the issue up at one of the fire departments meetings and have Mr. Byron removed from his position. Why did he wait until Mr. Byron was running for political office against Creed Jones before bringing this up? Why is he opposed to giving Mr. Byron an itemized bill for what he claims is owed?
If any of you received a bill which said "We are not giving you an itemized statement but you owe us about $600, would you pay it?
Wake up people, your mayor is playing you for fools. Think about who your candidate will be and if you don't want to vote for a "punk" at least don't vote for an old "punk" who thinks he can manipulate you for your vote.
Give it up Johnny.....your candidate for mayor can't win with the history that he has. You need to spend you're time supporting Farmer.

TOW

“Larry Riddle”

Damascus, Va

#9 Apr 28, 2008
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, that doggone punk word is getting slammed around here pretty easily. Why don't find a less insulting word to use?

As for what you have to say about Chad, it does sound a bit suspect. I mean if the Chief said at the time that it was okay, then wat is the issue here? I mean are people saying he did it without permission? Ithink those who serve in our community should have some incentives given to them to keep them happy so they will continue to serve......
Gertie

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Apr 28, 2008
Punk is my word but it seems to have stuck with everyone {giggle}
road runner

Johnson City, TN

#11 Apr 28, 2008
TOW wrote:
<quoted text>... Ithink those who serve in our community should have some incentives given to them to keep them happy so they will continue to serve......
TOW, it's called "salary," and a volunteer should not join an organization to see what he can rip off or steal. Since you approve of Byron's "incentives," do you approve of Chief Richardson's "incentives" that he provided for himself? What's the difference? Both got personal profit from their actions.

TOW

“Larry Riddle”

Damascus, Va

#12 Apr 28, 2008
road runner wrote:
<quoted text>
TOW, it's called "salary," and a volunteer should not join an organization to see what he can rip off or steal. Since you approve of Byron's "incentives," do you approve of Chief Richardson's "incentives" that he provided for himself? What's the difference? Both got personal profit from their actions.
Excuse yourself pal, where does it indicate that I approve of his actions? How did filling up the swimming pool profit him. I ain't talking about the Bingo Hall here.
If the chief said it was okay, then why is everyone going after him?

BTW, I'm still voting for Creed. But I want to know why the chief isn't getting raked over the coals for what Chad did?
Gertie

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Apr 28, 2008
Who was chief last year?
Trash Man

Pinehurst, NC

#14 Apr 28, 2008
Gertie wrote:
Who was chief last year?
I think his name was Mike Thompson
Dave

Johnson City, TN

#15 Apr 28, 2008
ranger rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question, Tow. "Dave," who is really Chad Byron, blathers on in his own defense. But consider this: I am a volunteer with the Red Cross. If I take our Disaster Relief Vehicle home for personal reasons, what would happen? One, I would no long be a Red Cross Volunteer. Two, I would be charged with theft of a vehicle.
Just read "Dave's" manic raving above and consider if this is a criminal mind at work. And yes, if the chief keeps supporting him, pushing him for mayor to protect his own job, then your question is a good one.
Actually I am not Mr. Byron. I don't really know him. All anyone has to do is look at my posts and look at Mr. Byrons posts and you will see that his use of the english language is totally different. If you also look back at my posts you will notice that I gave an explanation of IP addresses that I am quite certain would be above his level of IT knowledge.

Why do you people who support our current senile mayor seem to think that anyone who doesn't support Creed Jones is Chad? For your edification, there are many people in this town who are fed up with Mr. Jones misrepresentations of the will of the citizens of Damascus.

I would suggest you try another line of attack.
Donald

Johnson City, TN

#16 Apr 28, 2008
Damascus oldtimer wrote:
When someone questioned Chad Byron's use of a fire truck to fill his pool, and questioned his misuse of fire department funds, someone who suspiciously sounds like Byron responded that "everyone gets a little of something extra for what they do." Most of this response is copied below. He obviously has no problem using public property for his own purposes. In most cases this is criminal activity. If this is not criminal activity, how should this be described? Is Chad Byron a criminal? Or just someone who has assumed special privileges for himself?
Here's what the "someone who sounds like Chad Byron" wrote:
....but for filling up his pool. he's a volunteer for the community, he gets up and runs calls for free. who cares if he filled up his pool. small price to pay so i can stay in bed when there is a emergency at 1 am. small price to pay so i dont have to fight a fire. everyone gets a little of something extra for what they do. walmart employees get a discount. car dealers get to drive new cars home. when a nurse's child is sick they know the doctor so they go right on back so they dont wait in the waiting room. big deal...
what about the town useing the fire hydrant up at oak knoll appt. to fill up the town swimming pool about two years ago and got fined a bunch of money and they were stilling water but no one ever said anything about that and it was Mr.Morgan and Mr.Hayes that had the fire dept.to fill it.So its ok for the town to do that but not for a fireman
Wormie

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 28, 2008
Donald wrote:
<quoted text> what about the town useing the fire hydrant up at oak knoll appt. to fill up the town swimming pool about two years ago and got fined a bunch of money and they were stilling water but no one ever said anything about that and it was Mr.Morgan and Mr.Hayes that had the fire dept.to fill it.So its ok for the town to do that but not for a fireman
So glad someone finally brought this up and besides how much of the fire departments time is wasted responding to fire alarms at the Old Mill because the management does not know what the h*ll she is doing
ranger rick

Johnson City, TN

#18 Apr 28, 2008
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>......
I would suggest you try another line of attack.
Well, Dave who is not Chad, what if someone believes a senile old fool is better for the town than a known liar and thief? We have a choice of two evils, and I choose the lesser of two evils.
Lizzie

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 28, 2008
Donald wrote:
<quoted text> what about the town useing the fire hydrant up at oak knoll appt. to fill up the town swimming pool about two years ago and got fined a bunch of money and they were stilling water but no one ever said anything about that and it was Mr.Morgan and Mr.Hayes that had the fire dept.to fill it.So its ok for the town to do that but not for a fireman
O.K. by me that the town pool is filled with town water by volunteers from the community. Sounds like a proper way to do things.
Volunteer man

Johnson City, TN

#20 Apr 28, 2008
Hey, I'm a volunteer. Maybe the town will paint my house and clean out my barn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damascus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashlei y 7 hr Crystal palace 15
Cody Trivett? (Sep '13) 7 hr Crystal palace 11
Glade wasn't ready 10 hr Whatchadoin 9
State Hospital SWVMHI 13 hr Dipper Bandits 8
Warrior Basketball 14 hr bb 4
Danny Poe (Jul '15) 16 hr Wondering 5
Diesel trucks 20 hr DumDonald 5

Damascus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance