Suspended Damascus police chief says ...

Suspended Damascus police chief says drug charges against him are false

There are 40 comments on the TriCities story from Jun 28, 2007, titled Suspended Damascus police chief says drug charges against him are false. In it, TriCities reports that:

“We never had anyone complain about Tony”

DAMASCUS Suspended Police Chief Tony Richardson says drug charges against him are false and that the truth will come out. via TriCities

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TriCities.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chief NUTley

Chicago, IL

#21 Mar 26, 2009
Posted by ( watchdog ) on March 26, 2009 at 11:06 am
New Damascus Police Chief Taking Steps To Earn New Respect For Agency
CHIEF NUTLEY WILL KICK DOWN A DOOR, THEN GO GET A SEARCH WARRANT, THEN DUMBMASCUS WILL GET SUED!
[The Washington County System of “Just US”]
——————————
Washington County deputies fatally shoot woman inside burning house
By KEISHA BRUCE
Bristol Herald Courier
ABINGDON—Rescuers found more than a blaze when they were called to the scene of a house fire Saturday
morning.
Firefighters responded to the 17185 Rich Valley Road home, where a bedroom and the kitchen were ablaze, just before 11:30 a.m.
There, in the burning bedroom, they found the body of Jimmy N. Warren, 68, dead of a gunshot wound to the
abdomen, Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman said.
In another bedroom was his wife, Charlotte L. Warren, 66, reclining on the floor, Newman said.
“The house was filling up with smoke, and they realized they had to get the lady out,“ the sheriff said.“She pulled a weapon and pointed it at the face of fireman D.M. Berry, who also happens to be a (sheriff’s) captain.“
Within minutes, Newman said, deputies and state troopers arrived and more than once ordered her to put down the .38-caliber revolver.
“She refused, still pointing the weapon at the officers,“ Newman said.
Sheriff’s Deputy William Nunley then fired four shots, hitting the woman in the chest, the sheriff said. She died at the scene.
Nunley, a six-year veteran of the Sheriff’s Office, was suspended with pay until the Virginia State Police’s investigations division determines whether the shooting was justified, Newman said.
The sheriff could not say whether Charlotte Warren fired the handgun at police.
An examination of the gun showed that “two rounds were fired, and officers indicated they heard two shots also,“ Newman said.“The weapon was fired twice while she was in the bedroom. I can’t confirm it was fired at officers.“
It was not immediately known who killed Jimmy Warren.
Forensics experts will determine whether the gunshot wound he suffered was fired by the same gun his wife was holding, Newman said.
Preliminary investigation showed that he had been dead for several hours before rescuers arrived, the sheriff said.
Warren’s body did not appear to be burned in the fire—which was spotted by a MedFlight helicopter—and the blaze in the bedroom had scorched the floor and a wall, the sheriff said.
The kitchen fire burned an area around the sink, he added.
It was undetermined Saturday how the blazes started.
“I’m not going to label it an arson because I don’t know at this time,“ Newman said.
The Warrens’ bodies were to be sent to Roanoke today for autopsies. Newman said preliminary results should be available by midweek at the earliest.
He said the couple did not have a history of domestic violence, although he said he had not “researched that totally.“
However, the couple had a case pending in court involving two alleged run-ins they had earlier this month with a man who owns property near their home.
The couple pressed assault and battery and reckless driving charges against Glen C. Peters, 66, of Saltville.
In court documents, the couple alleged that Peters, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for a seat on the Washington County Board of Supervisors, hit Charlotte Warren with his fist during a disagreement Aug. 3.
Days later, Jimmy Warren claimed that Peters nearly ran over him during another dispute, according to a separate warrant.
The sheriff would not comment on those charges, and efforts to reach Peters Saturday were unsuccessful.
This story can be found at : http://www.bristolnews.com/MGB8J1L7KQC.html
Posted on Aug 19, 2001, 5:23 PM
——————————
Chief NUTley

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 26, 2009

CHIEF NUTLEY WILL KICK DOWN A DOOR, THEN GO GET A SEARCH WARRANT, THEN DUMBMASCUS WILL GET SUED!

——————————

By KEISHA BRUCE
Bristol Herald Courier

ABINGDON—Rescuers found more than a blaze when they were called to the scene of a house fire Saturday
morning.

Firefighters responded to the 17185 Rich Valley Road home, where a bedroom and the kitchen were ablaze, just before 11:30 a.m.

There, in the burning bedroom, they found the body of Jimmy N. Warren, 68, dead of a gunshot wound to the

In another bedroom was his wife, Charlotte L. Warren, 66, reclining on the floor, Newman said.

“The house was filling up with smoke, and they realized they had to get the lady out,“ the sheriff said.“She pulled a weapon and pointed it at the face of fireman D.M. Berry, who also happens to be a (sheriff’s) captain.“

Within minutes, Newman said, deputies and state troopers arrived and more than once ordered her to put down the .38-caliber revolver.

Sheriff’s Deputy William Nunley then fired four shots, hitting the woman in the chest, the sheriff said. She died at the scene.

Nunley, a six-year veteran of the Sheriff’s Office, was suspended with pay until the Virginia State Police’s investigations division determines whether the shooting was justified, Newman said.

An examination of the gun showed that “two rounds were fired, and officers indicated they heard two shots also,“ Newman said.“The weapon was fired twice while she was in the bedroom. I can’t confirm it was fired at officers.“

Forensics experts will determine whether the gunshot wound he suffered was fired by the same gun his wife was holding, Newman said.

Preliminary investigation showed that he had been dead for several hours before rescuers arrived, the sheriff said.

Warren’s body did not appear to be burned in the fire—which was spotted by a MedFlight helicopter—and the blaze in the bedroom had scorched the floor and a wall, the sheriff said.

“I’m not going to label it an arson because I don’t know at this time,“ Newman said.

The Warrens’ bodies were to be sent to Roanoke today for autopsies. Newman said preliminary results should be available by midweek at the earliest.

He said the couple did not have a history of domestic violence, although he said he had not “researched that totally.“

However, the couple had a case pending in court involving two alleged run-ins they had earlier this month with a man who owns property near their home.

The couple pressed assault and battery and reckless driving charges against Glen C. Peters, 66, of Saltville.

In court documents, the couple alleged that Peters, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for a seat on the Washington County Board of Supervisors, hit Charlotte Warren with his fist during a disagreement Aug. 3.

Days later, Jimmy Warren claimed that Peters nearly ran over him during another dispute, according to a separate warrant.

The sheriff would not comment on those charges, and efforts to reach Peters Saturday were unsuccessful.

Chief NUTley

Chicago, IL

#23 Mar 26, 2009
——————————
By KEISHA BRUCE
Bristol Herald Courier
morning.
Chief NUTley

Chicago, IL

#24 Mar 26, 2009
Deputy’s shooting of armed woman in Abingdon housfire ruled justifiable

By JASON REEVES
Bristol Herald Courier

ABINGDON—A sheriff’s deputy acted justifiably when he shot four times and killed an
armed woman inside her burning home last month, state police said Friday.

Washington County sheriff’s Deputy William Nunley, who has been on paid
administrative leave since the Aug. 18 shooting, is scheduled to return to work today, said
Sheriff Fred Newman.

Charlotte Warren, 66, was holding a .38-caliber revolver when deputies and firefighters
went into her burning home on Rich Valley Road and tried to rescue her.

Police said she was ordered to drop the weapon but wouldn’t. Nunley fired four times,
hitting her in the chest and killing her.

Her husband, 68-year-old Jimmy Warren, was found shot to death in a bedroom. Police
said he had been dead for several hours.

The Virginia State Police investigated the propriety of Nunley’s actions and turned the
results over to Commonwealth’s Attorney Jeff Coale, who concluded the shooting was
justified, said state police Special Agent Roger Owens.

Coale could not be reached for comment Friday night.

“She kept pointing the gun, and it was indisputable that they tried to talk her into laying
the weapon down,“ Owens said Friday.

The fact that Nunley fired four times was irrelevant, he said.
“ If they’re justified in shooting, it doesn’t make any difference if he shot one time or 10
times,“ Owens said.

He said the investigation didn’t conclude whether Charlotte Warren had fired at officers.

Four empty shells were found in the revolver she was holding, and police at the scene
had said they heard two gunshots.

“The weapon was fired twice while she was in the bedroom,“ the sheriff said the day of
the shooting.“I can’t confirm it was fired at officers.“

Who shot Jimmy Warren—and who was responsible for setting the blazes in four
locations at the Warrens’ home that day—remained under investigation Friday.

“Forensics are checking a bullet from Jimmy Warren’s body with those found in Charlotte
Warren’s gun,“ the sheriff said.

He said he was glad the investigation of his deputy was over.

“I can’t say we’re pleased because it’s something an officer never hopes he has to do,“
Newman said of the shooting.“But (they’re) trained to protect themselves and the lives of
other people, and that’s what happened.“

This story can be found at : http://www.bristolnews.com/MGBA9IBT2RC.html
Susan

Johnson City, TN

#25 Mar 26, 2009
Looks like Mr. Nunley took apprpriate action that day. Case closed.Damascus is lucky to have him as their chief.

TOW

“Larry Riddle”

Since: Apr 08

Damascus, Va

#26 Mar 26, 2009
What is your point?
Dead Charlotte

Chicago, IL

#27 Mar 26, 2009
Chief NUTley is a dirty sumbitch.
herewegoagain

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Mar 26, 2009
Chief NUTley wrote:
Deputy’s shooting of armed woman in Abingdon housfire ruled justifiable
By JASON REEVES
Bristol Herald Courier
ABINGDON—A sheriff’s deputy acted justifiably when he shot four times and killed an
armed woman inside her burning home last month, state police said Friday.
Washington County sheriff’s Deputy William Nunley, who has been on paid
administrative leave since the Aug. 18 shooting, is scheduled to return to work today, said
Sheriff Fred Newman.
Charlotte Warren, 66, was holding a .38-caliber revolver when deputies and firefighters
went into her burning home on Rich Valley Road and tried to rescue her.
Police said she was ordered to drop the weapon but wouldn’t. Nunley fired four times,
hitting her in the chest and killing her.
Her husband, 68-year-old Jimmy Warren, was found shot to death in a bedroom. Police
said he had been dead for several hours.
The Virginia State Police investigated the propriety of Nunley’s actions and turned the
results over to Commonwealth’s Attorney Jeff Coale, who concluded the shooting was
justified, said state police Special Agent Roger Owens.
Coale could not be reached for comment Friday night.
“She kept pointing the gun, and it was indisputable that they tried to talk her into laying
the weapon down,“ Owens said Friday.
The fact that Nunley fired four times was irrelevant, he said.
“ If they’re justified in shooting, it doesn’t make any difference if he shot one time or 10
times,“ Owens said.
He said the investigation didn’t conclude whether Charlotte Warren had fired at officers.
Four empty shells were found in the revolver she was holding, and police at the scene
had said they heard two gunshots.
“The weapon was fired twice while she was in the bedroom,“ the sheriff said the day of
the shooting.“I can’t confirm it was fired at officers.“
Who shot Jimmy Warren—and who was responsible for setting the blazes in four
locations at the Warrens’ home that day—remained under investigation Friday.
“Forensics are checking a bullet from Jimmy Warren’s body with those found in Charlotte
Warren’s gun,“ the sheriff said.
He said he was glad the investigation of his deputy was over.
“I can’t say we’re pleased because it’s something an officer never hopes he has to do,“
Newman said of the shooting.“But (they’re) trained to protect themselves and the lives of
other people, and that’s what happened.“
This story can be found at : http://www.bristolnews.com/MGBA9IBT2RC.html
that link is a dead end. It doesn't lead anywhere.
Grace

United States

#29 Mar 27, 2009
Wow I cant believe an officer would be investigated for using deadly force....
Lois

Bristol, TN

#30 Mar 27, 2009
Dead Charlotte wrote:
Chief NUTley is a dirty sumbitch.
It's sad that you find her death amusing. Let me add.... your an idiot.

TOW

“Larry Riddle”

Damascus, Va

#31 Mar 27, 2009
Lois wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad that you find her death amusing. Let me add.... your an idiot.
I second that opinion........
LoisucksTOW

Chicago, IL

#32 Mar 27, 2009
herewegoagain wrote:
<quoted text>
that link is a dead end. It doesn't lead anywhere.
"The fact that Nunley fired FOUR times was irrelevant..." Charlotte is dead, too... Chief NUTley murdered her instead of turning the fire hose on her.
Lois

United States

#33 Mar 28, 2009
LoisucksTOW wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fact that Nunley fired FOUR times was irrelevant..." Charlotte is dead, too... Chief NUTley murdered her instead of turning the fire hose on her.
Have you ever tried stopping a bullet with a fire hose? Me either... bet it don't work.
You weren't there... you have NO IDEA what transpired that made things happen the way they did. It would be in your best interest to keep your opinions to your self on this matter.
If you think that by saying nasty things about me (Someone you don't even know) bothers me.... your wrong. I wouldn't do to much more of it though. Less you can prove it of course.
mezs

Bluff City, TN

#34 Mar 28, 2009
Why,do you have to post 4 times the same BS? If we don't read it the first post,why would we read it 3 more times.
knownhimforlongt ime

Nashville, TN

#35 Mar 28, 2009
His sentencing is May 21, 2009. FYI. He was best friends with the chief of police in Chilhowie (Sheffield) for many moons and the other cops as well. There is more to come. They didn't get them all YET!!
knownhimforlongt ime

Nashville, TN

#36 Mar 28, 2009
The earlier comment was on Tony Richardson, sorry for not clarifing.

Location hidden

#37 Mar 28, 2009
where is that triple A girl from Denver? figured she would have been on here boo-hoo-ing by now.
LoisucksTOWmezs

Chicago, IL

#38 Mar 29, 2009
Lois wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried stopping a bullet with a fire hose? Me either... bet it don't work.
You weren't there... you have NO IDEA what transpired that made things happen the way they did. It would be in your best interest to keep your opinions to your self on this matter.
If you think that by saying nasty things about me (Someone you don't even know) bothers me.... your wrong. I wouldn't do to much more of it though. Less you can prove it of course.
S T F U !
----------
mezs wrote:
Why,do you have to post 4 times the same BS? If we don't read it the first post,why would we read it 3 more times.
APPARENTLY, YOU DID READ IT 4 TIMES.(a $$ wipe}
Lois

United States

#39 Mar 29, 2009
LoisucksTOWmezs wrote:
<quoted text>
S T F U !
----------
<quoted text>
APPARENTLY, YOU DID READ IT 4 TIMES.(a $$ wipe}
STFU?!?!?! Keep typing... your digging your hole deeper.
Lo is High

Los Angeles, CA

#40 Mar 29, 2009
Lois wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU?!?!?! Keep typing... your digging your hole deeper.
Whutz the opposite of above me?
B low me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damascus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trashy 3 hr Ken 3
Chilhowie fight club 5 hr Bike Bision 2
Large crazy guy on Kirkwood St Fri JIM 6
Michael Morrison (Dec '16) Fri Over and over 21
BO Owens Fri Just curious one 5
Ross Carneal Thu Nope 3
Stillwells Thu Sorry not sorry 5

Damascus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance