Damascus old mill
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
star-stripes

Mountain City, TN

#1 Aug 10, 2010
Has anyone heard anything about what is going on there?
Townie

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 10, 2010
star-stripes wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about what is going on there?
I heard that it has been sold and some one has applied for a business license at the Town Hall. Don't have any other info at this time.
Prishio Sahib

Bristol, TN

#3 Aug 10, 2010
It was bought by Indians that have dot on head. They plan to open hotel and Indian restaurant. Restaurant be called The Old Meal.
Bihas Shirpois

Johnson City, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Prishio Sahib wrote:
It was bought by Indians that have dot on head. They plan to open hotel and Indian restaurant. Restaurant be called The Old Meal.
Heard it was them half-assed Indians{Semiholes from Fla}. They plan to set up a camping area with Teepees and serve meals from an old wagon and call it Meals on Wheels.
Prishio Sahib

Bristol, TN

#5 Aug 12, 2010
No you have wrong information. We are not Native American we are Indian. We are from India. Not Indian feather but Indian with dot.
skylark

Mountain City, TN

#6 Aug 16, 2010
I've heard that a small group of locals purchased it and they're going to turn it into an affordable place to eat for everyone. The weeksends will have live music and the bar area is going to be expanded and closed off so other diners and such will not be exposed to it unless they want to be.

BRING IT ON!!!! Can't wait.
Bobo

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 20, 2010
If they are going to try and compete with Quincey's and Dairy King on affordability they will never make it. If they are going to compete with House on Main and the Tavern on affordability then they have a chance.
nuts

Johnson City, TN

#8 Aug 21, 2010
I say serve baloney sammiches and a jar of kool aid. Mmmmmm good!

Better'n that serve pinenuts an wild bluberries and gooseberries. Ginseng for an appetizer w/ ramps.

BWB
Bob

AOL

#9 Aug 22, 2010
Skylark: What's the plan for the hotel? How reliable is your source?
Ranger Rick

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 29, 2010
The Old Mill is being converted to a recovery house for meth and crack addicts. Part of the program is teaching the addicts how to interact with other community members, and they will be assigned to walk around town for four hours each day and talk to at least ten Damascus residents. What the sponsors have not realized is that at least four out of ten residents are also crackheads.
who dat

Mountain City, TN

#11 Aug 30, 2010
Ranger Rick wrote:
The Old Mill is being converted to a recovery house for meth and crack addicts. Part of the program is teaching the addicts how to interact with other community members, and they will be assigned to walk around town for four hours each day and talk to at least ten Damascus residents. What the sponsors have not realized is that at least four out of ten residents are also crackheads.
Talk about shit for brains, you lead the pack Ranger Rick!!!
Bob

AOL

#12 Aug 30, 2010
I do wish the forum could be a more useful and constructive tool....I was attempting to obtain information I needed for planning an overnight excursion to Damascus for a group of 16 - 22 people. I seem to find a large number of posts here that aren't of much help in that regard.
blah

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Aug 30, 2010
There are no hotels and the Old Mill is probably not opening until this winter. However, there are rooms for rent at the many B&B, the Iron Horse Campground (little cabins by the river and slightly outside town), and more cabins (forget the name of the place, maybe someone else can help...) by Subway. These too are right by the river, and I like them better then the Iron Horse ones. The ones by Subway are also in town, so you can easily walk to a bike rental place, or Quincys, or on the creeper trail.

Pretty town with petty people though, but worth it just for the scenery. Make sure to check out Backbone Rock while here (for the less than adventurous) or Gentry Creek falls (for the very adventurous). Sure others could help in this regard, but it remains to be seen if they will.
Bob

AOL

#14 Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for your ideas and your post! I have found that many of the B&Bs tend to want a minimum of a two night reservation, especially if you hit a weekend.
bubba

Johnson City, TN

#15 Aug 30, 2010
Bob, go to www.vacreepertrail.com , www.damascus.org , www.thevirginiacreepertrail.com , etc... for info on Damascus.
chiefrollinturd

Nashville, TN

#16 Aug 30, 2010
Prishio Sahib wrote:
No you have wrong information. We are not Native American we are Indian. We are from India. Not Indian feather but Indian with dot.
i think you must be from the semenhole indian tribe ? plus a dot ? KOOL !
Bob

AOL

#17 Oct 3, 2010
Does anyone have an update on the status of the Old Mill?

Thanks, Bob
nothingyet

Johnson City, TN

#18 Oct 4, 2010
sure wish it would open up again
Red Hill

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 4, 2010
Work being done on the Old Mill now. Electricity is on. Will open in the spring.
goodnews

Johnson City, TN

#20 Oct 4, 2010
Red Hill wrote:
Work being done on the Old Mill now. Electricity is on. Will open in the spring.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damascus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
flea market 2 hr Oldmanpo 2
News Naturalist Program To Explore Virginiaa s Beauty (Feb '09) Fri Concerned in Salt... 20
Biggest snitch in Damascus Fri I beg u 15
Brian owens Fri Common Sense 3
Damascus Police Cheif (Jun '15) Fri heeasy 3
Does anyone know what Eric Rhudy got caught STE... (Jun '11) May 26 no onr 11
embezellment from First Baptist (Mar '09) May 25 Oldmanpo 68
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Damascus Mortgages