Review: Elite Motors
Jack

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Oct 31, 2008
DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THESE SCAMMERS!!!!! They should be reported & sent to jail.

Elite Motors in Daly City tried selling me a 2005 Acura MDX Touring, which they said was problem-free, and they even had a doctored Carfax report saying it was clean. They will give you a clean Carfax report on this vehicle if you go to see it. I ran the report myself & this vehicle has Frame Damage. Funny how the report they show you says it is ok. They bought it at auction, knowing it has frame damage, but it seems they have falsified the Carfax report they are handing out & will show you the doctored report. I would be very careful with any vehicles they are selling.

The report says:

Problem Reported! The database for this 2005 Acura MDX Touring (2HNYD18825H533441) shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When reported, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems.

Frame Damage Title and ProblemCheck A wholesale Auto Auction has reported that the vehicle has frame damage, which can weaken the structure of the vehicle.
10/02/2008 DESERT SOUTHWEST REGION Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FRAME DAMAGE
Elite Motors California

Bartlett, IL

#2 Jan 25, 2009
They did nothing wrong, you as a consumer need to educate yourself!
I think you have mistaken Carfax and Autocheck. Carfax does not report frame damage or that it's been at an auction. So, Carfax could be perfect with no bad history and that's what they showed you, but autocheck can show the bad and wiseversa!
So stop complaining, I am sure your car drives fine. Millions of cars are on the road with frame damage, most consumers don't even know it. Point is .... just go look at the car over and drive it. I am sure you drove it before you bought and it drove fine, so why are you now causing a stink?
concerned buyer

Modesto, CA

#3 Mar 28, 2009
Wow. This place can not be trusted. I can not say for sure Carfax reports frame damage or not. But it DOES report auctions as I have seen it numerous times. Don't believe me? Look up any dealer online inventory of pre-owned vehicles and click on the free Carfax reports. At least half of them will report that the dealership obtained them through auctions.

So this place is obviously lying. Beware.

BTW. I am not the original poster but am doing research on Elite Motors (Daly City, CA) because of their listing on Craigslist.
concerned buyer

Modesto, CA

#4 Mar 28, 2009
Also, for the OP. If you still have a copy of the Carfax report that they showed you, you are entitled to bring litigation to them. (I would.)
REMOTE STARTER

Modesto, CA

#5 May 29, 2009
Elite motors sold me a car with a manual transmission with a remote starter. I was not informed of this fact. Later in the day i noticed that the parking brake did not appear to be working, as I parked on a hill and it started to roll. Elite motors was informed but never called back. My wife finally contacted "Sam" who said they check all cars for safety. The next day I had to go back to elite motors to get my deceased mothers prayer beads I left in a car I traded in. When I started the car, the alarm would not shut off. I decided to go into the house to see if the other remote would work. I turned off the car, removed the key, put up the parking brake and put it into first (remember I had concerns about the P-brake). While walking in front of the car I pushed all the buttons hoping the alarm would shut off. I then ran toward the house as the alarm was waking up the neighborhood. As soon I went into the house I heard a big crash. the remote starter engaged and the 350z blasted into a one ton dually parked in front of it. It lifted the 1 ton truck up so high a tow truck had to jack the truck up to remove the car. I was likely I was not standing between the car and truck when this occurred. If this had happened in public, innocent children or bystanders could have been killed. I thank God this happened at home. Chadi (pronounced "shoody") said he would take care of this. He lied. During our last phone converstation, he yelled at me and hung up. I will see Elite motors in court as well as my insurnace company, the lawyers, and the State of California. Again I am thankful that no inncocent lives were lost due to elite motors not informing me that a remote starter was in a car with a manual transmission.
In Market for Used Car

United States

#6 Jun 24, 2009
Elite Motors California wrote:
I think you have mistaken Carfax and Autocheck. Carfax does not report frame damage or that it's been at an auction. So, Carfax could be perfect with no bad history and that's what they showed you, but autocheck can show the bad and wiseversa!
So stop complaining, I am sure your car drives fine. Millions of cars are on the road with frame damage, most consumers don't even know it. Point is .... just go look at the car over and drive it. I am sure you drove it before you bought and it drove fine, so why are you now causing a stink?
This post is coming from a person with their name as Elite Motors. I have been eyeing their website for weeks now and was deciding on driving up from Fairfield, CA and check out cars, because they look like they have good prices... After reading some reviews and this post, I am shocked!
Rather than trying to please a customer they tell them to stop complaining?
Rider

San Bruno, CA

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Guess I won't be going to Elite to look at any cars! Good thing I have the internet to investigate the dealer before I get my hopes up of obtaining a fair deal! I won't have to waste my valuable time thanks to these former unsatisfied customers!
Ryan

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Tip for you guys, buy AutoCheck Reports dirt cheap at CarHistoryReport.co.cc they sell reports under $3. Beware of AutoCheck's "Unlimited" subscription. AutoCheck blocked my account for checking 12 VIN#'s. Look at the email they sent:
"Our records show that you have accessed 12 reports within the last 2 days. The AutoCheck consumer terms and conditions state, in relevant part: AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports ("Reports") purchased on the AutoCheck consumer site ( www.autocheck.com ), either directly or through affiliates, are intended for personal use only. ANY SUSPECTED COMMERCIAL USE WILL LEAD TO THE DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAY RESULT $20 FOR EACH REPORT
Lela

San Francisco, CA

#9 Feb 9, 2010
I was going to go to Elite Motors to purchase a car, but I did my homework viewing reviews about them changed my whole mind & seek other places. I'm glad I read all the reviews before buying from Elite Motors.
Thanks all of you for warning & I'm glad we have reviews online.
Mike

United States

#10 Mar 26, 2010
Elite Motors has been in Business for almost 20 years. My family and I have bought at least 10 cars from them..Most Car Dealers open for a few years and close or go out of business. This Dealer is a family owned Business with a good track Record..It looks like some of the comments were posted by smaller dealer who try to compete with this dealer..As far as i know, Elite Motors is one of the largest Independent Dealers in the Bay Area. On an average, they sell 50 to 60 quality cars every month. Do not be missled by comments made from Chicago????
Ed - Santa Rosa

Palo Alto, CA

#11 Apr 5, 2010
I bought a one owner 2006 Mercedes E350 from Elite Motors. The car and title was clean, and the price was well below Kelly Blue book. I also got a great loan rate and term.
I did have a small miss-understanding about a service item, but Rick and team were quick to respond, and we settled the issue to my satisfaction.
I would recommend Elite motors to anyone who wants to save money vs the big dealers.
tes las vegas NV

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Apr 7, 2010
I was kinda bothered by the information I saw on autocheck and I did a little investigation online. The following statement was coped straight from Yahoo Answers

Fleet and lease companies announce frame damage all the time because they do not want any buy backs. Technically when someone has a car in a Fleet group or an individual leases a car the lease company has NO idea if it has frame damage or not, the some lease company will sell ALL there cars with possible frame damage because they want No responsibility. The reason why it shows up on autocheck and not carfax is because nearly all auto auctions use autocheck and not carfax and the auctions and autocheck do not report this info the carfax.

I was wondering if anyone ever came across this kinda of issue before because the carfax shows a clean title with no accident. What does this mean to the value of the car?
diabolus

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#13 Nov 21, 2010
Elite Motors California wrote:
Good business is about proper disclosure. You did not properly disclose. You are the one who is causing the stink.
GHM3

Beverly Hills, CA

#15 Apr 11, 2012
I bought a 2006 BMW M3 from Elite Motors on August 09, 2011. Where to begin with this company? I am from Los Angeles and flew down to take a look at the car with the intent to purchase if everything looked good. When I arrived I was greeted by Ayman ( I think that’s how you spell his name) which I think was the manager. The car was sitting in the showroom and I slowly walk around the car to inspect it.

I ask Ayman if the car has ever been in an accident or had paint work done. He assured me it was never in an accident or had any type of work done to it. Regular people like me can’t tell but people who work in the car business can tell just by looking at the car. I proceed to drive the car and then talk about numbers. We finally agreed on the price and I ended up buying the car. I had informed Ayman that the cars navigation disk was missing and he said he would buy one for me and ship it to my house, which he never did even after several attempts to contact him after I returned to Los Angeles. So now I am back home with this car and the nightmare begins.

Only 4 days passed before the check engine light came up on the dashboard and a strange noise came from the engine. I took my car to my trusted body shop of six years for him to take a look at it. He immediately took one look at the rear end of the car and told me both quarter panels had been painted. I become furious and ask if he can do an inspection on the car to which he agrees. He puts the car on a lift and raises it up. It turns out the car had been in a major accident and had been on a jig machine. For those of you who don’t know a jig machine is used to weld metal perfectly. The car’s frame had been worked on which is the worst type of accident for this car. So not only did Ayman lie to me about paintwork but also he sold me a car that had been in a MAJOR accident.

Back to the check engine light problem. The codes the car was sending out was that the engine was misfiring cylinder 4 and leaks somewhere in the car. After MONTHS of going back and forth to my body shop trying to fix the problem and clearing the codes I became fed up and decided to call Ayman. I got on the phone with Sam who told me Ayman is on vaction for a couple of months. I ask for a manager and he says he is out until Thursday and he would call me then. I explain the situation to Sam and he assures me the GM will call me by Thursday, which is in six days. Thursday comes and I receive no phone call. I call Sam and he says the GM will be in at 11am tomorrow morning. The next day still no phone call. Monday comes and I still don’t get a call.

This place is just a big joke. No customer service whatsoever. I have invoices about these major problems I had only FOUR days after buying the car from Elite motors and I still don’t get a call back. I gave this company a chance to redeem themselves and take care of the situation before I tarnish their reputation and take them to court. I gave them the courtesy to fix the problem just like I would appreciate a customer of mine to give me a chance to fix a problem instead of just firing away online.

I am sure some of these positive reviews of Elite Motors are fake. If anyone wants to see proof of me buying a car from elite motors and the multiple pages of invoices, problems, and repair bills dating four days after I bought the car, please do not hesitate to message me and I will email you all of this information.

I hate to see companies like this screw customer after customer. Elite Motors is nothing but a scam and I have proof. In the end my car has the same problems from the start and it will cost me THOUSANDS of dollars to fix. They will eventually pay when I take them to court but I hate to waste my time on such a lowlife excuse of a business. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!
reviews tell the facts

Petaluma, CA

#16 Feb 13, 2014
I started a new job and needed a car for the commute. My first mistake was signing the loan. I should have walked out when the guy said I was a punk and the bank would get me a loan for another car. Those cons sold me a car that had been lowered without telling me so all warranty later to find out was void. 2 years and almost $4000 dollars later I can only blame myself for rushing the process. DMV NEEDS TO SHUT THESE SNAKES DOWN. We all have a judgment day and we all know the man loves cars so when he sees the scams this family has been doing to hardworking people he will deal with them then. I've learned a $25,000 lesson... Only buy certified!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daly City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fulton, N.Y. The "mother"s latest DEADLY and ha... 11 hr Diana Vickery 4
Battle Pirates online Kixeye game is a scam Wed Hacked_customer 1
Kixeye gaming company cheats and harassed custo... Wed You know who 1
Make Us Grate Agin Wed joaquin hunseckerr 1
News San Francisco lawmakers vote to uphold 'sanctua... Wed spytheweb 4
Fulton,N.Y "WHY" does my new job upset me so mu... Wed Diana Vickery 5
test Wed test 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daly City Mortgages