Occupy Oakland regroups; injured Iraq...

Occupy Oakland regroups; injured Iraq war veteran recovering

There are 24 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Oct 28, 2011, titled Occupy Oakland regroups; injured Iraq war veteran recovering. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Flowers and thousands of cards for recovering Iraq war veteran Scott Olsen -- whose injury during a confrontation with police has become a national rallying point for Occupy movement protesters -- have flooded Oakland's Highland Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smedley Butler

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 28, 2011
CPL Scott Olsen, USMC should be awarded the Purple Heart for injuries sustained facing America's enemies. Contribute to his care at www.ivaw.org

Since: Jan 10

Guayaquil, Ecuador

#2 Oct 28, 2011
Smedley Butler wrote:
CPL Scott Olsen, USMC should be awarded the Purple Heart for injuries sustained facing America's enemies. Contribute to his care at www.ivaw.org
He should get it for being beaten almost to death my the Oakland Police! Never mind Iraq!
Smedley Butler

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Oct 28, 2011
latino_gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
He should get it for being beaten almost to death my the Oakland Police! Never mind Iraq!
Oakland Police ARE America's enemy! Write your U.S. congressman/senator and demand the Purple Heart for CPL Scott Olsen.
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#4 Oct 28, 2011
THE POLICE IN THE UNITED STATES ARE MOSTLY FUNDED BY WASHINGTON AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL AND WASHINGTON EXPECTS THE POLICE TO OBEY THE DIKTATS OUT OF WASHINGTON.
Smedley Butler

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Oct 28, 2011
Just like the communist Red Chinese paid police in Tianamen Square!
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#6 Oct 28, 2011
Here's a thought: Keep your protest peaceful and you won't get a head injury; if you don't keep it peaceful, you just might get a head injury.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#7 Oct 28, 2011
... and I'm one of the 53%, so stop whining that you don't have enough and do something about it, something constructive, that is.
Smedley Butler

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Oct 28, 2011
I'm one of the 1 percent.
911 was an inside job

United States

#9 Oct 28, 2011
Far Away wrote:
Here's a thought: Keep your protest peaceful and you won't get a head injury; if you don't keep it peaceful, you just might get a head injury.
Government provocateurs are very often the violent element in demonstrations. We need to learn from history and document the violent elements and then identify them. Collective punishment of peaceful demonstrators because of a few violent elements is not justified, particularly when these violent elements are so often working for "law enforcement" agencies.
Treena

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 Oct 28, 2011
Until the greed on Wall Street and stock market stops the violence will escalate. The shareholders of fat cat money grubbing corporations are just as guilty as the Wall Street thieves and government manipulators.
Dan

Toronto, Canada

#11 Oct 29, 2011
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#12 Oct 29, 2011
TIME TO MARCH TO WASHINGTON AND JUST MARCH INTO THE WHITEHOUSE AND START GOVERNING DEMOCRATICALLY.

THE PEOPLE CAN DO A MUCH BETTER JOB OF IT THAN THE CORPORATIONS.
Still Deployed

Apo, AE

#13 Oct 29, 2011
If you protest do it within the limits of the law, remember a lot of police are retired military. They are following orders and their job is to uphold the law, no matter how trivial. Also he shouldn't have worn parts of his uniform to a protest. I would never disrespect mine like that, I've know too many who were buried in theirs.

US Soldier
Undisclosed Location/Middle East
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Oct 29, 2011
Treena wrote:
Until the greed on Wall Street and stock market stops the violence will escalate. The shareholders of fat cat money grubbing corporations are just as guilty as the Wall Street thieves and government manipulators.
That's very true...

as that communist party uaw and the other unions back the OWS movement trying to spread their greed into the younger generations for dear life. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297 ...

Too Funny.
mike

Akron, OH

#15 Oct 29, 2011
Far Away wrote:
Exactly - and he is no less quilty because he is a veteran.

They can try and use him as their poster child - but it will backfire.
911 was an inside job

United States

#16 Oct 29, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly - and he is no less quilty because he is a veteran.
They can try and use him as their poster child - but it will backfire.
Was Scott Olsen being violent?

Beware of undercover cops or provocateurs who have been hired to infiltrate protest groups and incite violence. Get them on film. Put the footage up on the internet. Shut them down.

Our government has and wants to keep its monopoly on violence. But we have the choice to stop being the instruments of that violence. Good people outnumber the corrupt, thieving mass-murderers.
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#17 Oct 29, 2011
SHOWS HOW "DEMOCRATIC" IS THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT WHEN A FEW HONEST DEMONSTRATORS DOING NO HARM ARE SURROUNDED BY THOUSANDS OF ARMED THUGGISH POLICE WITH TANKS HIDDEN IN RESERVE AT THE ORDERS OF WASHINGTON.
Leo

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Nov 3, 2011
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Scott Olsen being violent?
Beware of undercover cops or provocateurs who have been hired to infiltrate protest groups and incite violence. Get them on film. Put the footage up on the internet. Shut them down.
Our government has and wants to keep its monopoly on violence. But we have the choice to stop being the instruments of that violence. Good people outnumber the corrupt, thieving mass-murderers.
I have been beat by the cops before and I filed a civil rights complaint against the pig. Let me tell you something, the cops are protected by corrupt judges and corrupt lawyers. Our judicial system is corrupted and protect the state from damages the pigs cause you. I have all the proof needed to win the suit but the courts allow tampering with evidence, tampering with witnesses and well you name it. Our rights written in the state and federal constitutions don't mean squat shiot and arn't worth the paper written on. People need to rise up and take back our rights before we loose them all. The problem starts with the corrupt judges and works its way down to you and me. We get taxed to pay for the corruption and then most people I talk to have no idea how bad our judicial system is because they have no idea about what the state/federal constitution means. I think children need to be educated about our system of governance before entering this adult world around us. I hate corruption more so then the majority and I will never give up my fight against it, I will fight police and government corruption until I leave this earth and I am getting closer every day.

It's the government causing the majority of our problems!

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#19 Nov 8, 2011
DENG wrote:
SHOWS HOW "DEMOCRATIC" IS THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT WHEN A FEW HONEST DEMONSTRATORS DOING NO HARM ARE SURROUNDED BY THOUSANDS OF ARMED THUGGISH POLICE WITH TANKS HIDDEN IN RESERVE AT THE ORDERS OF WASHINGTON.
Ah, we lack the kind touch of the Chinese government!

"BEIJING — Last Jan. 27, an Inner Mongolian rights activist, Govruud Huuchinhuu, suddenly vanished after leaving a hospital where she had undergone treatment for cancer. On Feb. 16, the Beijing human-rights lawyer Tang Jitian vanished after being forcibly taken away by police officers. On May 30, an ethnic Uighur, Ershidin Israel, vanished after being deported to China from Kazakhstan as a terrorism suspect. In the next two weeks, three other Uighurs vanished as well..."

"HONG KONG, China — The Chinese government has a novel solution to the growing problem of illegal enforced disappearances.

“Legalize” them.

On Aug. 24, Chinese state media announced a proposed change in the Criminal Procedure Law which would allow police to legally detain individuals and hold them incommunicado in secret detention for up to six months without contact with either their families or legal counsel..."

And so on.
alison devereux jones

Sale, UK

#20 Nov 8, 2011
hi scott olsen and family just sending best wishes on getting better you are a true hero any man fights for their country and you did you are one brave man all the best alison from wales in england.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daly City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Invade Europe? 12 hr Stu Peddhassoe 1
News San Francisco Resident Fights Sudden Rent Hike ... Mon Hey Dumbass 1
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) Mon Moker 61,391
Fulton, N.Y. The KINGS OF LEON scumbag "HE" jo... Mon Diana Vickery 4
News Man, 19, held in fatal stabbing of S.F. boy, 17 (Oct '08) Apr '16 Homie 28
her name was Catalina Varas de Valdes (Mar '07) Mar '16 the lost valdes 20
News SF Murder Victim Identified As Daly City Man (Oct '08) Feb '16 Gina 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daly City Mortgages