out of district
murray mom

Ringgold, GA

#143 Oct 2, 2012
I haven't heard anything lately about the whole redistricting mess. Does anyone have any new info?
Boss

Canton, GA

#144 Oct 2, 2012
bet its on the back burner,just thinking about calling i know of some more kids at chatsworth that should be at Woodlawn ,But moms a sub.and said it was ok.she has 3 kids and dads a fireman.
Another Parent

United States

#145 Oct 2, 2012
Boss wrote:
bet its on the back burner,just thinking about calling i know of some more kids at chatsworth that should be at Woodlawn ,But moms a sub.and said it was ok.she has 3 kids and dads a fireman.
"Boss" - COME ON!!! Give it a break! Get a life! Get out more! "just thinking about calling....... more kids at Chatsworth that should be at Woodlawn....."!!!! It is so sad that you are so excited about wanting to have kids moved out of their school that they are obviously happy in. You're a real winner.
Another Parent

United States

#146 Oct 2, 2012
Boss wrote:
bet its on the back burner,just thinking about calling i know of some more kids at chatsworth that should be at Woodlawn ,But moms a sub.and said it was ok.she has 3 kids and dads a fireman.
Oh and by the way, that last sentence in your "post"....... That was crappy, but then again that was exactly what you were going for.( and by the way - from the way you wrote your post - maybe your parents should have chose to put you in a different school. Your writing skills suck)!
Boss

Canton, GA

#147 Oct 2, 2012
I went to Chatsworth LOL
Boss

Canton, GA

#148 Oct 2, 2012
But i WAS HAPPY AT CHATSWORTH
Another Parent

United States

#149 Oct 2, 2012
Boss wrote:
I went to Chatsworth LOL
Thank you for sharing. This is proof of why there are so many out of district kids. LOL! Joking aside, most of the parents of out of district kids are only wanting what is best for their kids just like everyone who is in district. Whether it be living arrangements, economy, personal reasons, or just because they think the school is a better environment, they are usually just thinking about their kids. I think we should go back to school of choice county or even pay a small tuition if that makes everyone stop whining about it.
Boss

Canton, GA

#150 Oct 2, 2012
you should be paying tuition thats what was to happen if you wanted your child to go out of district.did they change that also.When they add up your bill you ant gona be happy . just saying and they are adding just to let u and all know its coming
num1 County for jealousy

United States

#151 Oct 4, 2012
Listen you ALL I'm so flipping sick of hearging about stupid sports! If there was as much effort and time put into children's academics, then our community would be a much better place, and probably wouldn't be one of the most highest rated counties for teen pregnancy!!! Or drugs for that matter! Parents that are complaining about kids going to North Murray, Bagley or any other school for that matter, you think it's all about sports? All parents are not as narrow minded and weak thinking as you are, some parents have their children their because it's a better fit for their child, or they have relationships at the schools and feel a since of connection! Some of US parents unfortunatley WORK for a living and aren't able to volunteer at the school or be there every day to stay connected. And you parents that are eat of with because North Murray is having an winning football season are pathetic!!! You didn't see North Murray parents complaining like babies, whenever Murray County went to state in basketball year before last and actually was sooooo close to winning...... NO you didn't actually quite the opposite!!! North Murray faculity, parents, coaches and students where there CHEERING for their neighbors' kids, friends and former students and classmates!!! Please let this GO!!! People like you are ruining our community!!!!!
Another Parent

Dalton, GA

#152 Oct 4, 2012
num1 County for jealousy wrote:
Listen you ALL I'm so flipping sick of hearging about stupid sports! If there was as much effort and time put into children's academics, then our community would be a much better place, and probably wouldn't be one of the most highest rated counties for teen pregnancy!!! Or drugs for that matter! Parents that are complaining about kids going to North Murray, Bagley or any other school for that matter, you think it's all about sports? All parents are not as narrow minded and weak thinking as you are, some parents have their children their because it's a better fit for their child, or they have relationships at the schools and feel a since of connection! Some of US parents unfortunatley WORK for a living and aren't able to volunteer at the school or be there every day to stay connected. And you parents that are eat of with because North Murray is having an winning football season are pathetic!!! You didn't see North Murray parents complaining like babies, whenever Murray County went to state in basketball year before last and actually was sooooo close to winning...... NO you didn't actually quite the opposite!!! North Murray faculity, parents, coaches and students where there CHEERING for their neighbors' kids, friends and former students and classmates!!! Please let this GO!!! People like you are ruining our community!!!!!
Very well said!
Mad mom

Dahlonega, GA

#153 Oct 4, 2012
What have we become wrote:
Some of the children being targeted are elementary students, that have been at their schools since kindergarten. They don't care about football, or who is winning, as a matter of fact high school is very far from their little minds. The ones I know are good students, never tardy, and well behaved. All these little children know is they are being made to move from a place they feel safe and that holds the only friends they have made. However anybody that hurts a child emotionally or physically will be held accountable by a higher power than the Murray County School Board. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, Do not stop them! For theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
AMEN!!!! Very well said!!!!
Etonian

Dalton, GA

#154 Oct 4, 2012
num1 County for jealousy wrote:
Listen you ALL I'm so flipping sick of hearging about stupid sports! If there was as much effort and time put into children's academics, then our community would be a much better place, and probably wouldn't be one of the most highest rated counties for teen pregnancy!!! Or drugs for that matter! Parents that are complaining about kids going to North Murray, Bagley or any other school for that matter, you think it's all about sports? All parents are not as narrow minded and weak thinking as you are, some parents have their children their because it's a better fit for their child, or they have relationships at the schools and feel a since of connection! Some of US parents unfortunatley WORK for a living and aren't able to volunteer at the school or be there every day to stay connected. And you parents that are eat of with because North Murray is having an winning football season are pathetic!!! You didn't see North Murray parents complaining like babies, whenever Murray County went to state in basketball year before last and actually was sooooo close to winning...... NO you didn't actually quite the opposite!!! North Murray faculity, parents, coaches and students where there CHEERING for their neighbors' kids, friends and former students and classmates!!! Please let this GO!!! People like you are ruining our community!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!
Murray Resident

Dahlonega, GA

#155 Oct 4, 2012
Stupid if you think North Murray will EVER cheer for Murray
num1 County for jealousy wrote:
Listen you ALL I'm so flipping sick of hearging about stupid sports! If there was as much effort and time put into children's academics, then our community would be a much better place, and probably wouldn't be one of the most highest rated counties for teen pregnancy!!! Or drugs for that matter! Parents that are complaining about kids going to North Murray, Bagley or any other school for that matter, you think it's all about sports? All parents are not as narrow minded and weak thinking as you are, some parents have their children their because it's a better fit for their child, or they have relationships at the schools and feel a since of connection! Some of US parents unfortunatley WORK for a living and aren't able to volunteer at the school or be there every day to stay connected. And you parents that are eat of with because North Murray is having an winning football season are pathetic!!! You didn't see North Murray parents complaining like babies, whenever Murray County went to state in basketball year before last and actually was sooooo close to winning...... NO you didn't actually quite the opposite!!! North Murray faculity, parents, coaches and students where there CHEERING for their neighbors' kids, friends and former students and classmates!!! Please let this GO!!! People like you are ruining our community!!!!!
Just Askin

Dalton, GA

#156 Oct 4, 2012
Is it true that several of the MC players went on "strike" yesterday and refused to practice?
Ridiculous

United States

#157 Oct 4, 2012
Murray Resident wrote:
Stupid if you think North Murray will EVER cheer for Murray
<quoted text>
What are you talking about??? I don't think... I know they did!!! It's pathetic idiots like you that make this county look stupid and cause needless bullshit all the time! EVERONE supported the MC basketball team in 2010!!!! EVERYONE! Obviously YOU didn't if you had you'd seen there were as many NM people there as MC people! So SHUT UP would please!
Ridiculous

United States

#158 Oct 4, 2012
You adults that are working so hard investigating every kid you can turn in to the school board and central office needs to put your energy and effort into going out and investigating new businesses and ways to boost our community and its economy! Worried about your kids future? Then get off the stupidity wagon of jealousy and give them a county that prosperous and one they can be proud of! Worry about them getting a great education and going to college to be success hardworking adults and build a community that they'll want to return to instead of a community full of backstabbing, backbiting, throat cutting ignorant people that isn't at all thinking of furtive generations! I played sports all my life and we won MOST games because we had a great coach, but you didn't see any of the parents back 25 years ago acting like a bunch of immature selfish people either! They has bigger problems than to worry is Susie was in front line of the cheer squad or if Johnny played a full game and their kid play 3 quarters! They had a family to raise and a community to build to be proud of! One where people would throw their hands up at one another going down the road, or sit outside on the front porch of an old country store telling old stories of years past!!!! Our children don't have a chance in future generations, this world is crazy and unfortunately Murray County is one county that is progressing for the worse at a higher rate than surrounding counties! If our community does not stop all the nonsense and come together like our grandfathers and grandmothers did, this place won't be worth raising a family! I ask each person, do you want to make Murray County a better place to live??? I for one love my county I was born and raised on! But lately I'm ashamed of who we have become and what once was a place people saw as being a great little place that had something very special CLOSENESS and PRIDE!
Etonian

Dalton, GA

#159 Oct 4, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
You adults that are working so hard investigating every kid you can turn in to the school board and central office needs to put your energy and effort into going out and investigating new businesses and ways to boost our community and its economy! Worried about your kids future? Then get off the stupidity wagon of jealousy and give them a county that prosperous and one they can be proud of! Worry about them getting a great education and going to college to be success hardworking adults and build a community tohat they'll want to return to instead of a community full of backstabbing, backbiting, throat cutting ignorant people that isn't at all thinking of furtive generations! I played sports all my life and we won MOST games because we had a great coach, but you didn't see any of the parents back 25 years ago acting like a bunch of immature selfish people either! They has bigger problems than to worry is Susie was in front line of the cheer squad or if Johnny played a full game and their kid play 3 quarters! They had a family to raise and a community to build to be proud of! One where people would throw their hands up at one another going down the road, or sit outside on the front porch of an old country store telling old stories of years past!!!! Our children don't have a chance in future generations, this world is crazy and unfortunately Murray County is one county that is progressing for the worse at a higher rate than surrounding counties! If our community does not stop all the nonsense and come together like our grandfathers and grandmothers did, this place won't be worth raising a family! I ask each person, do you want to make Murray County a better place to live??? I for one love my county I was born and raised on! But lately I'm ashamed of who we have become and what once was a place people saw as being a great little place that had something very special CLOSENESS and PRIDE!
. This is so true!!!!!!
Ridiculous

Cleveland, TN

#160 Oct 4, 2012
I will also say that our school board and superintendent needs to put a stop to catering to all the trouble makers in this county! If you don't it will NEVER end! It will always be something! First it was coach Napier's fault an our school system and community let a few parents treat this man like dirt and write things publicly I'm the Chatsworth Times about him after he had given Murray County and the football team many years of his life! How could we as a community let stand back and let that happen??? It's as bad as being the one doing it!!!! Then it was coach Lanham we let a few jealous parents run him in the ground and eventually ran off???? Both men were good coaches and did a lot for MC athletics but what thanks did they get??? A stab in the back!!! MCHS you wonder why your programs have found themselves I'm the gutter??? Blame yourselves for treating people like dirt when things didn't go how you thought they should! What GOOD coach would want to come to the lions den to be eaten alive! You don't think everyone around hasn't spread the word about how this community treats their own, and you'd think an outsider would want to come here???? All I have to say is shame on US!!! We good people need to stand up and sit these trouble makers down once and for all! I don't care who they are what they have or who they know! This I OUR county just as much is it is theirs! NO business or educated business person would want to come to a community that can't support each other little on a new business!
Ridiculous

Cleveland, TN

#161 Oct 4, 2012
I need to add one more thing, I'm on angry role tonight, so you'll have to excuse me but I must say I'm sick to death of chaos in our community! Maybe this will be my last 2-3-4 cents worth! These kids that are being uprooted from their school, the school they love, with friends and teachers they've know for years! Think of it like this, school may be the only stability in that kids life! That teacher that has been the mentor they've looked up to might be the person they see as a role model and want to model their lives by that teacher! Those friends their being asked to leave might me the chance they have to feel as though they fit in by a child that is insecure an feels they don't fit in any where! Yes this might be the only positive thing in that child's life and we're willing to do this a possibly break a child that could've had a chance? Or maybe the parent has to work at night so the child has to ride the bus to a sitters or grandparents house, what would you have them so go home and stay home alone? Just so your kid can play sports for a winning team or so you can so back and possibly enjoy NM lose???? What kind of people are you? If you think your kid is that good, don't worry about Murray county schools, you better get him/her to a private school and I he or she is that good Baylor or McCallie will be glad to give them a scholarship!
Murray Maniac

Warner Robins, GA

#162 Oct 5, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
I need to add one more thing, I'm on angry role tonight, so you'll have to excuse me but I must say I'm sick to death of chaos in our community! Maybe this will be my last 2-3-4 cents worth! These kids that are being uprooted from their school, the school they love, with friends and teachers they've know for years! Think of it like this, school may be the only stability in that kids life! That teacher that has been the mentor they've looked up to might be the person they see as a role model and want to model their lives by that teacher! Those friends their being asked to leave might me the chance they have to feel as though they fit in by a child that is insecure an feels they don't fit in any where! Yes this might be the only positive thing in that child's life and we're willing to do this a possibly break a child that could've had a chance? Or maybe the parent has to work at night so the child has to ride the bus to a sitters or grandparents house, what would you have them so go home and stay home alone? Just so your kid can play sports for a winning team or so you can so back and possibly enjoy NM lose???? What kind of people are you? If you think your kid is that good, don't worry about Murray county schools, you better get him/her to a private school and I he or she is that good Baylor or McCallie will be glad to give them a scholarship!
Bottom line is they are going to that school out of district. That means the parents deceived and lied to be able to do this. The parents are to blame here. They where happy to get away with it until they got caught then here comes the poor pitiful kids having to change schools. If they were in the right school to begin with they would not have to go through this. You are like other people in this county. You want your cake and eat it too. Well life is not always fair. If one kids has to move back to the school they were supposed to be attending all of them should have to go and don't blame the school board blame the parents that were using deception and lies so there kid could go there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dalton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My name is Dennis 1 hr Hodor 8
Whay are most church people so rude? (Jun '09) Fri angel55 26
Political signs. (May '16) Fri Chats worth 3
Dr.Robert Purdey Dec 8 jackrabbitslim 1
Displaycraft Dec 7 Temp 2
Kevin trammell (Feb '16) Dec 6 Jamie 2
Work as a temp? Dec 2 Trump 2

Dalton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dalton Mortgages