lil abner

Byron, GA

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Anyone notice that Mark Millican left Dalton's pulitzer prize winning newspaper? They're pretty much down to yard sale directions, obituaries and foreclosures. Looks like people will have to get their news here.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 21, 2012
lil abner wrote:
Anyone notice that Mark Millican left Dalton's pulitzer prize winning newspaper? They're pretty much down to yard sale directions, obituaries and foreclosures. Looks like people will have to get their news here.
Is he the same old that went to work for the Times Courier in ellijay?
Louis

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2012
Yea, he left to go work in Gilmer County I believe. Dalton Paper is horrible. Now they wanna charge you to read it online. Um, no thanks. The Chattanooga Times Free Press has better news about Dalton than The Daily Citizen. TDC caters to kids and Hispanics. Notice that most all the pics of people in our community are Hispanic kids playing. Notice that the only citizens of the day are kids. Well, I guess they've gotta make it to where their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles will purchase it. Oh, and let's purchase some to send to the kin folk in Mexico. I thought the el informador was for the Hispanic community.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 21, 2012
That should have been the "one".
lil abner

Byron, GA

#5 Jul 21, 2012
Louis said:

"I thought the el informador was for the Hispanic community."

Dalton IS a Hispanic community - looks more like a third world country every day. Based on current demographics, the informador should be the primary newspaper now.

At some point, the gringos remaining in Dalton will realize that living here is a losing proposition, and white flight will begin in earnest, even to the point of abandoning worthless property, which has no chance of recovering in value.

As property values and demand continue to decline, and schools continue to expand, tax rates on property owners will continue to rise until even the least observant gringos realize that they are getting poorer by the day, and pack their bags.
lil abner

Byron, GA

#6 Jul 21, 2012
It won't be long before the guitar playing preachers can afford to buy the entire town...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dalton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who looks better black people or native Americans (Sep '15) 9 hr Badnews 6
Tsunami at Carter's Lake!!!!! (Oct '14) 11 hr Doyle Hargraves 130
Elementary school 6th graders trying out for mi... (Jan '09) 14 hr Telling The Truth 97
Angie Boling Elrod TRASH 23 hr Hate losers 8
Beaulieu Wed Badnews 8
Going gay in Dalton Jul 18 Dennis Duffy 4
Varnell Jul 17 thetimestheyareac... 9

Dalton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dalton Mortgages