Carpets of Dalton
George

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2012
What ever happened to that place? My daughter bought a lot of fine expensive furniture and flooring there when she built her house. Don't even know if the place is still open now. Drove by there last week it looked like a ghost town. Wonder what happened to the people that owned it and why it closed down. Seemed like a very nice place to go, my daughter really liked the folks who helped her shop there. Anybody know what's happened?
Louis

Ringgold, GA

#2 Jul 15, 2012
George wrote:
What ever happened to that place? My daughter bought a lot of fine expensive furniture and flooring there when she built her house. Don't even know if the place is still open now. Drove by there last week it looked like a ghost town. Wonder what happened to the people that owned it and why it closed down. Seemed like a very nice place to go, my daughter really liked the folks who helped her shop there. Anybody know what's happened?
Google "Carpets of Dalton lawsuit". They settled that and then opened back up under a new name. Not all of the campus opened back up tho.
lil abner

Ashburn, GA

#3 Jul 15, 2012
Carpets of Dalton is an example of the peter principal. Dalton is the carpet capital of the world, not the furniture capital - that's China.
He had hometown connections in the carpet business - not the furniture business. When he got into the furniture business he passed from the competent to the incompetent zone - it was a stupid idea. If he had stuck to carpet and a manageable amount building space,and managed his money, he would have been fine.
carpet no more

Byron, GA

#4 Jul 16, 2012
The carpet industry is on its way out.
dalton

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2012
No it's not. I get so sick of hearing that. The economy is terrible and it hasn't gotten any better. That is the only reason carpet manufacturing Is slow right now.
lil abner

Ashburn, GA

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Yes it is. Dalton is beyond the point of no return, and Dalton Utilities,the carpet industry's lifeline and the conquistadors' golden goose, will be short-lived.
RoyDMercer

Dalton, GA

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Don't you love how a company like this can default on millions of dollars and walk away Scott Free yet if you do that over 500 dollars the IRS will fight you to the death?
Bat bat

Burton, TX

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Best furniture store in the country
Louis

Ringgold, GA

#9 Jul 20, 2012
Bat bat wrote:
Best furniture store in the country
You're kidding right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dalton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McFee 10 hr Voter 1
who is he (Jan '14) Sat Say What 26
Vickie Vaughn Riidley waits on prized son Sat Sickie Vickie 1
News Kemp: "Murray County is my special interest group" Dec 14 Clyde 3
national guard in dalton Dec 14 lostascrew 1
Confederate soldiers training shooting range mi... Dec 13 samwatkins 3
Mindy Norton (Sep '13) Dec 13 Craig234 9

Dalton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance