Dallastown passes zero tax hike budget

Dallastown passes zero tax hike budget

There are 7 comments on the York Dispatch story from May 19, 2011, titled Dallastown passes zero tax hike budget. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Taxpayers in Dallastown have crowded school board meetings again and again in the past several months, making it one of most popular places in town on any given Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

The bottom line

Mount Aetna, PA

#1 May 20, 2011
So taxes didn't go up...this year. They'll make up for it later with a larger increase.
Not good enough

York, PA

#2 May 20, 2011
What do you call a DASD budget that freezes school taxes at the current ridiculously high level?

A: Not Good Enough!

Hopefully, the newly-elected School Board will make the difficult cuts that the lame duck Spendberg toadies refused to make.

My question for Screwie Stewie: Mayflower or Allied Van Lines?
John

York, PA

#3 May 20, 2011
Not good enough wrote:
What do you call a DASD budget that freezes school taxes at the current ridiculously high level?
A: Not Good Enough!
Hopefully, the newly-elected School Board will make the difficult cuts that the lame duck Spendberg toadies refused to make.
My question for Screwie Stewie: Mayflower or Allied Van Lines?
One of the two people, Tignall, who voted against this budget, apparently because they didn't feel the cuts were deep enough was just defeated in his re-election. Sometimes it helps to know what the heck is going on before you vote.
Mathemagician

Annapolis, MD

#4 May 20, 2011
John wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the two people, Tignall, who voted against this budget, apparently because they didn't feel the cuts were deep enough was just defeated in his re-election. Sometimes it helps to know what the heck is going on before you vote.
Carroll Tignall told me that he voted against the budget because Superintendant Weinberg had anounced that a powerful York County legislator had told him on the phone that there would be more State funding coming than originally planned for.

Based solely on that phone call the Supertinendant thought that it was reasonable and prudent to trust that verbal agreement (worth the paper that it's printed on, LOL) to the extent that some previously cut programs could be restored.

I don't trust figures just appearing in thin air.
S in York Township

York, PA

#5 May 20, 2011
New Board.
No new taxes.
Teachers being blamed for a broken healthcare system.
Pay-Day check cashing operation opening in the old Triangle Motor building.

Yep.

Beginning of the death spiral for quality education, property values, and lifestyle in DASD.

Time to move.
John

York, PA

#6 May 26, 2011
Mathemagician wrote:
<quoted text>
Carroll Tignall told me that he voted against the budget because Superintendant Weinberg had anounced that a powerful York County legislator had told him on the phone that there would be more State funding coming than originally planned for.
Based solely on that phone call the Supertinendant thought that it was reasonable and prudent to trust that verbal agreement (worth the paper that it's printed on, LOL) to the extent that some previously cut programs could be restored.
I don't trust figures just appearing in thin air.
My point was regarding voters, not Tignall and that SOME people who agree with Tignall probably voted against him because they thought he was part of the problem. In other words, they didn't know who they were voting for/against. Or those that agree with him didn't get to the polls and those that disliked Tignall were more numerous that the ones that did.
Obviously

United States

#7 May 26, 2011
John wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was regarding voters, not Tignall and that SOME people who agree with Tignall probably voted against him because they thought he was part of the problem. In other words, they didn't know who they were voting for/against. Or those that agree with him didn't get to the polls and those that disliked Tignall were more numerous that the ones that did.
That's how most elections are lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... Jun 10 DWI 1
S&S fraud chasers Jun '15 Concerned 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Dallastown grad Lindsay Erin tours York County ... Mar '15 Hailey 1
Review: Lost N Found Thrift Store (Nov '14) Nov '14 dave 1
News Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Write-in votes for Ron Miller or Mike Waugh ins... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Thrasher82 1
More from around the web

Dallastown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages