Dallastown considering new rules for ...

Dallastown considering new rules for dog park after injury on opening day

There are 9 comments on the InYork story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Dallastown considering new rules for dog park after injury on opening day. In it, InYork reports that:

The new Dallastown dog park is slated for some new requirements, rules and regulations because of an injury that occurred on opening day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Mammey deHoe

York, PA

#1 Oct 20, 2010
if only we could use these rules with the animals in the york zoo
Jackie L

Elmhurst, PA

#2 Oct 20, 2010
I love dog parks and yes they have rules and regs for a very good reason. I do feel for the man that was injured. I pray for his speedy recovery. But in dog 101, the rule is you never put yourself in a position to break up a dog fight. Things like this are bound to happen. And no, you never know what sparks this type of behaviour in any pet. Good or bad. I have, myself, been to one many times in York and only a couple of times did I see very well behaved dogs get cranky where the owners had to take the dogs out. Like anything, you must be vigulant and know that this can and will happen. With that being said, I am still a fan of the dog parks, where a dog can be a dog.
WRZ

Muncie, IN

#3 Oct 24, 2010
The best way to make dogparks safer is to put an electronic card reader at the entrance and charge a fee.

This will raise money and also make the park safer.

Owners are much more observant when they know they can not run off anonymously after their dog has caused a serious problem.

Anything short of that and you are just whistling dixie.

Bill Zardus ...
[email protected] ....
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dogpark-Nationa...
melissa

Wayne, PA

#4 Oct 27, 2010
I agree with Jackie any owner or person knows or should know you never put yourself in the middle of a dog fight, even a good dog may be protecting there self and the human will get hurt.

And also with WRZ you can make all the rules you want but as long as a free park (and all the rules are self explainatory) you are just blowing air in the wind because people are well "dogs" if there going to be and if there not doing it now a rule will not make them do it.

Put up a sign saying you are responsible and liable for your dog and all that goes with that... and that says it all.
Porky

Mount Laurel, NJ

#5 Oct 27, 2010
COM! That's a riot! They'll need Lamar Advertising to come down and put up a billboard to post those rules. And five days in the hospital? They do heart bypasses and the people are out sooner than that. A dog park, another stupid idea from government people who have too much time and too much of our money in their hands.
Mr Hyman

Mount Laurel, NJ

#6 Oct 27, 2010
How about one rule? NO PIT BULLS!
scott

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2010
the dog that was the agressor in the fight was a boxer mix.... not a pit bull... you can train a chiuaua to attack... and i know agressive people too... it is about how you are raised....
jamie

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2012
No pit bulls? How rude..
TRENT

Dillsburg, PA

#9 Mar 15, 2013
my dog was attacked by a pitbull there.. a week later a English water spaniel was attacked by a pit there and was there this past Sunday with the midset it was a poor owner.. buddy and I had bother our dogs playing mines 1 year old his is 5 months.. pitbull came in all was fine until it attacked his brand new puppy.. her backs all chewed up and stitched up.. never going again.. a dog bred of bull baiting, ratting est.. I'm sry but DNA is powerful.. I'm never going back 3 instances in 2 months... and her only been there 4 times...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No homicide charge yet for Red Lion man accused... (Nov '12) Aug '17 justice for Ian o... 3
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100
Nazi sympathizer and holocaust denier working f... May '17 Community watch 1
Church revival May '17 Shawn 1
News Million dollar market: average price of detache... (Mar '17) Mar '17 packed in like Flies 1
News Dallastown couple arrested in bank robbery (Sep '09) Oct '16 Tslober1242 31

Dallastown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages