AG can't prosecute dead man

AG can't prosecute dead man

There are 9 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 28, 2011, titled AG can't prosecute dead man. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office is closing the case on the late William C. Donivan, spokesman Nils Frederiksen said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Armadillo

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Mar 29, 2011
Crime does pay!
Jody Snider

Macon, GA

#2 Mar 29, 2011
Well that's damn big of them considering the trumped up charges were instrumental in Bill's death to begin with.
J
Cheetah

Mount Laurel, NJ

#3 Mar 29, 2011
How many hours did they deliberate before making this decision?
heartbroken

Ashburn, VA

#4 Mar 30, 2011
I have this book as a gift and I treasure it so, as Bill Donivan gave it to me the day he told me he loved me and said…...
You know, not fitting isn’t so bad.
Its belonging that hurts……

Another Poem from the book of Poems wrote by William C. Donivan
Death…..what a word.
We fear it, loath it, look at it as the worst that could happen.
And for some I guess that’s true,
But come on, really.
Have you ever talked to someone who really knew?
Don’t think about it too hard.
You might get an original thought…..And Lord
knows we can’t let that happen.
You know, what if it didn’t matter,
cause, maybe, you were dead to begin with.
or
Maybe, you forget to smile.

I will hold and cherish this book of poems as much as I cherish the ring he gave me.
heartbroken

Ashburn, VA

#5 Mar 30, 2011
I love Bill, he is now gone. Life was hard for him; not only carrying the stress of these charges he was battling the other investigations and feared more charges. Having this stress plus not being healthy suffering from high blood pressure. Many days he described it as feeling like a tight rubber band around his head. His wife is sick and was forced to handle the household chores even making supper for everyone Bill made sure his wife was medically taken care of, had her prescriptions plus supported his daughter who still lives at home,did not get medication or attention for his own problem. He tried to be a good man just like the divorce, he filed but did not go through because he was ridden with guilt of what would become to his sicken wife. It was a hard life and may he rest in peace knowing he is free of his earthly problems. Sharing his poems helps my tears.
spill the beans

Palmyra, PA

#6 Mar 31, 2011
Ok, so I'm a neutral party who has no investment either way about Bill Donivan, however, when I see how many people he fooled it really drives me crazy. People need to know the truth. To those of you who think he was so wonderful, don't you notice how he was constantly surrounded by conflict, even in death? It wasn't because he was some innocent victim. It was because he worked very hard at creating the chaos around him. I think we need to round up all of the facts about him again. Sorry heartbroken in NJ, I really am, but I think you need to check out some of the comments on the other articles about Donivan.

His wife is not disabled. In fact, I even saw her drive a car AND she has a job. Check out the post from his daughter on the other article, she also states her mother is not disabled.

I heard him talk about his affairs and how to make a woman "crack" after you end it with them. He said he's been around a long time and knows all the tricks. He sure did, and he was good. He once told me that fat women appall him and that he could share this with me since I wasn't like that and I took care of myself. Does this sound like a stand up guy to you?

He was investigated by the Department of Banking for mortgage fraud. Yes, Shawna was too but he was not really her victim. He just finally met his match for once. The ultimate con artist got conned himself. Sometime there is Karma in the world.

Speaking of Karma, if Donivan really is dead, it is not because some state agency "trumped up" charges against him (The last time I checked people at the Commission on Crime were there to HELP crime victims, not sure why they would squander victims' money and then try to cover it up). No, if he died it is because all of his lies were catching up with him and for once in his life Bill Donivan was going to get caught. His death was his own making.
even sadder

York, PA

#7 Apr 5, 2011
OMG Shawn really, heartbroken from New Jersey? Cute story of love but we've all heard it before from you so nice try. Nice now trying to use his wife's arthritis(and multiple postings and names) as a way to twist things. And she was seen recently driving a car, and working? Really? That is sort of funny considering she hasn't driven in a long time nor does she have a job, so really Shawn and your minions, get a life. You are going to jail. Claiming to have seen his wife driving recently is a nice way to try and strike fear in his family's heart that you are once again, stalking them as you have in the past in your attempt to keep anyone from testifying against you, but as always you screw up. Mrs Donivan has not driven, as I said, in awhile so oops on your part. Your diversion didn't work.

And the divorce he never filed, wow that came right from your testimony at your federal trial he and his daughter testified against you at. You know the one you are facing perjury for cause you, oops, fibbed on the stand. can you at least get something new to entertain us all with?
BIll gave everyone a book of poetry including his business partners. As you were a business partner, the one that stole over $300,000 over 3 years from Donegal Settlement Services and EXIT 4 star Reality, it makes sense that at first as a family friend you were also gifted with one.

A ring...oh how tear jerker....I can't stop laughing I really can't.

And yes he was investigated for Mortgage Fraud but the charges were dropped as it was discovered that the documents given to the department of Banking as PROOF that he was up to something, not only came from Shawn Chambers Galis, but were not originals and oh, imagine that, had been altered. Much like she did to her clients at Remax's checks, so that instead of being payable for their new house, they were payable to Shawn's pocket. Heck SHawn you even ripped off your own neighbor altering her payoff on her refi. Got a bad habit of altering things don't you? How did that work out for you? 3-5 years...oh worked out not so well then.

And as far as the charges, Bill was trying to expose the loophole at VCAP. If a drug dealer is injured during a deal and dies, this agency pays for his funeral and or medical bills....what a crock! That is all because, as Bill's death shows, once dead, charges are not pressed, or are dropped,so then according to this organization, that person is an innocent victim and deserves a free funeral and money for their family regardless of their record or what they were in the middle of when they were killed...

He was also exposing the VCAP department and the heads of departments there making tons of $ but who sat as head of sections that no longer even had employees in that section. These people showed up, collected a hefty paycheck and went home.

Talk about a waste of tax payers money. As Corbett cuts funding for education, this department is a prime example of corruption and waste, and a great example of why people need to know what was happening there.

Bill asked too many questions and when he went to HR to tell them he was retiring but planned on going public with all the info he had, this is what happened. Was he perfect? Was he a flawless citizen, is anyone? Especially anyone hiding behind their computer "name" and taking a man's death as their last chance to try and feel like they got him with one...like they finally had their chance to slam him with BS and triumph over him. dead men can't argue back so this was your only chance to take a pop shot at him? Really? Sad, sad people. What will be the next post? What new diversion will there be this time. Love the creativity but again, already heard it.
justice

York, PA

#8 Apr 18, 2011
Shawn Chambers Galis is set to be sentenced, finally, monday, April 25th in courtroom 1 at the Federal Court house, 10 am. Since Bill Donivan, the witness she terrorized and harrassed , and stressed to his ultimate two heart attacks and death, can not be there, we ask that anyone and everyone involved in this case please come out and show your support for him.
Unlike many others who have backed down from her in the past, after she has stolen from them, he did not, and he paid that price. If anyone can get in touch with those from her past at her other "work" places, please let them know as well. SHe put those poor people through hell and their families, all for her sick sense of enitilement to $. I'm sure her Jaguar and Louis V purses will do her well in jail.
justice

York, PA

#9 May 17, 2011
Shawn had her sentencing postponed, as usual, so it is now set for May 24th, at 9:30 before Judge Caldwell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... Jun '15 DWI 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Dallastown grad Lindsay Erin tours York County ... Mar '15 Hailey 1
Review: Lost N Found Thrift Store (Nov '14) Nov '14 dave 1
News Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Write-in votes for Ron Miller or Mike Waugh ins... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Thrasher82 1
Review: G & B' S Customs-Enforcer Paintball (Oct '14) Oct '14 Arron Hallam 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages