Voters bring change to York County sc...

Voters bring change to York County school boards

There are 2 comments on the York Dispatch story from May 19, 2011, titled Voters bring change to York County school boards. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Nobody can quite agree what caused a changing of the guard in several school board elections on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Paul

York, PA

#1 May 19, 2011
We got started a little late in Spring Grove, but we are going to be at every meeting and watch every dollar and complain whenever the present board does something which is harmful to taxpayers. This election was only the start, we elected a Gov and Republican in the house and senate, to cut the budgets and take steps to stop school boards from unfair tac hikes. Looks like we are getting closer.
In The Know

United States

#2 May 20, 2011
Overall, some progress was made but with cross filing Republican voters threw incumbents out and replaced them in some cases (I won't say which) with business as usual liberal replacements.

I don't blame the voters.

They went with their gut instinct and limited or confusing information to throw the incumbents out.

Some liberal candidates knocked on their doors and told them lies to get elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... Jun '15 DWI 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Dallastown grad Lindsay Erin tours York County ... Mar '15 Hailey 1
Review: Lost N Found Thrift Store (Nov '14) Nov '14 dave 1
News Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Write-in votes for Ron Miller or Mike Waugh ins... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Thrasher82 1
Review: G & B' S Customs-Enforcer Paintball (Oct '14) Oct '14 Arron Hallam 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages