Governor's proposed budget causing co...

Governor's proposed budget causing concern among school districts

There are 6 comments on the York Dispatch story from May 16, 2011, titled Governor's proposed budget causing concern among school districts. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Gov. Tom Corbett's proposed budget was literally causing sleepless nights for educators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

TiredofIt

York, PA

#1 May 16, 2011
Everyone knew this day was coming. Fast Eddie was robbing Peter to pay Paul for 8 years to make himself look good and now Peter wants paid.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 May 16, 2011
God is watching you, Tom.. you will be judged accordingly..
Glee

York, PA

#3 May 16, 2011
Sir Jazzalot wrote:
God is watching you, Tom.. you will be judged accordingly..
And God is proud!! Go get them Tom!!!
Go Get EM Tom

Cambridge, MA

#4 May 16, 2011
This is exactly what needs to be done,the next thing that needs to be done is too break up the teachers union cartel, and restructure the corrupt pension fund that the politicians funded with OUR money.

Many retiring teachers will get about $4,000.00 or $5,000.00 dollars a month for doing nothing. There are many people that do not even make that much working full time, and its all courtesy of YOU the taxpayer. The teachers contribute very little to the fund.

This country is so screwed up that people cant even discern whats right and whats wrong any more.

And its one reason that America is failing on all fronts.
LibertyFirst

York, PA

#5 May 16, 2011
Go Get EM Tom wrote:
This is exactly what needs to be done,the next thing that needs to be done is too break up the teachers union cartel, and restructure the corrupt pension fund that the politicians funded with OUR money.
Many retiring teachers will get about $4,000.00 or $5,000.00 dollars a month for doing nothing. There are many people that do not even make that much working full time, and its all courtesy of YOU the taxpayer. The teachers contribute very little to the fund.
This country is so screwed up that people cant even discern whats right and whats wrong any more.
And its one reason that America is failing on all fronts.
I agree but lets not forget runaway admin costs. There are folks making six figures and contribute nothing to educating the kids. Cut admin by 90 percent and be surprised how it was never needed.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 May 17, 2011
i can get with cutting the 'overhead' and admin in education, but not the teachers. i don't get the hate spewed twards them.. heck, a teacher was responsible for EACH and EVERY person that knows how to read AND write to this forum. yeah, yeah.. there are slackers out there that are teachers, as well as parents, but let's not damn the WHOLE for a few..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) May '16 Laura 23
News DA: Investigators 'getting close' to arrest in ... (Apr '11) Feb '16 iknowinfo 7
News Dallastown schools suspends accused mom (Oct '08) Sep '15 friendofafriend 54
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Jun '15 DWI 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Dallastown grad Lindsay Erin tours York County ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hailey 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages