York County Woman Talks About the Dea...

York County Woman Talks About the Death of Her Son

There are 10 comments on the WHTM-TV Harrisburg story from Apr 27, 2007, titled York County Woman Talks About the Death of Her Son. In it, WHTM-TV Harrisburg reports that:

His mother remembers Chase Saunders as the happiest of children; always smiling, always playing, a six-year-old who now always will be missed. via WHTM-TV Harrisburg

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHTM-TV Harrisburg.

Shocked and appalled

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 2, 2007
First I would just like to say that this was a tragedy and my heart goes out to the family of the little boy.
I attended college with Megan, until she was dismissed for poor attendance. On the occasions that she did show up, she was ALWAYS hung over form the night before and slept the whole time. Megan Simpson has no idea the impact her actions have made. She is the selfish type of person who couldn’t put herself in anyone else’s shoes to save her life.
NO PITY

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 5, 2007
I know Megan through mutual friends and can't believe her current actions, which reflect absolutely no remorse. Almost EVERY DAY she continues to drink underage, smoke weed, and live her life in negligence. On top of all that, she's made statements that the police won't be able to find things out, which is admitting she is guilty. She hasn't accepted that she will be punished for the consequences of her actions.

So many people witness her dishonest and debauched behavior and some even encourage it by supplying her with alcohol and weed. It sickens me to think that they all ignore the fact that she committed a terrible crime against an innocent little child and is living her life pretending she did nothing wrong. Kicked out of college for poor attendance? Arrested for a DUI? Continuous underage drinking and drugs, even after she was arrested for killing a child? Sounds like she needs help! Maybe she is an alcoholic? At the least she needs to come to grips with reality and grow up instead of continuing her disgusting lifestyle. She has to be punished for her own ignorance of her actions for a very long time, starting with an apology.
Another Mother

Prince Frederick, MD

#3 Aug 6, 2007
This is a girl who obviously needs help.
I am in no way condoning her actions or her life style. But,we must remember that she too is somebody's child.
joe

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2007
It just erks me to know that this megan got away with running over a little boy with her car and just got a slap on her wrist!!! Maybe because she is a hot diry blonde woman with a nice ass? one of megans friends told me that megan said she was touching herself in her car right before the impact. Hope she had a big orgasm and splatted CUM all in her car! what a biich! does she still drive? hope shes not!
Troy Red Lion Pa

York, PA

#5 Dec 13, 2007
You people are a fine example of pathetic America believing everything you read.
I live in Red Lion; I do not share your opinion on where the blame lies.
First ask yourself, where were the parents and or guardians at the time this young boy was darting between cars running rampant about the streets? Don’t you feel the parents are also at fault here too?
The road she was driving on is very narrow; two cars can’t pass each other at speeds greater than 5 mph. Cars line both sides of the street most of the time with no spaces let opened.
So, put yourself in the drivers seat and consider how you as a parent of a young child would be so careless to allow your child to run amuck in such an area? The speed limit is 25 mph in an area that should be 5 mph, due to the road conditions with on street parking.
So maybe you should consider all of the facts before we go out and burn her at the stake!!!
I do believe some of the responsibility does lie with her…but not all of it.
Val

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Feb 1, 2010
first of all he wasnt running in between cars there was no car on the road. and he was on the other side. So there shouldnt have been any reason for her to be on the opposite side of the road so it has nothing do with the parents. He had the best mother he possibly could have she did everything for him. And i hope this meagan girl realizes what she did. I cant believe she got off with nothing
Red lion

San Mateo, CA

#7 Jul 19, 2010
You people are really pathetic. I really doubt she would try to hit a 6 year old child. Can you imagine wat she has to go thru everyday thinking about that. She's a good girl just makes dumb decisions like alot of people her age. Give her a break.. It Is really sad what happen but it was a accident and the kids were playing around the street. My 6 year old son wouldn't be outside alone.
No Mercy for her

Germantown, MD

#8 Jun 15, 2011
The bitch was DRUNK!!!! plane and simple!!!!
Troy Red Lion Pa wrote:
You people are a fine example of pathetic America believing everything you read.
I live in Red Lion; I do not share your opinion on where the blame lies.
First ask yourself, where were the parents and or guardians at the time this young boy was darting between cars running rampant about the streets? Don’t you feel the parents are also at fault here too?
The road she was driving on is very narrow; two cars can’t pass each other at speeds greater than 5 mph. Cars line both sides of the street most of the time with no spaces let opened.
So, put yourself in the drivers seat and consider how you as a parent of a young child would be so careless to allow your child to run amuck in such an area? The speed limit is 25 mph in an area that should be 5 mph, due to the road conditions with on street parking.
So maybe you should consider all of the facts before we go out and burn her at the stake!!!
I do believe some of the responsibility does lie with her…but not all of it.
No Mercy for her

Germantown, MD

#9 Jun 15, 2011
she was drunk, plane and simple, her fault no matter where the parents were!!
ycp

Arlington, VA

#10 Jan 3, 2013
I was in jail with megan Simpson after this took place and after her trial and she was sentenced. In 2007 I will say she never showed one ounce of remorse. Its horrible what happened to that little boy. Even though it was a terrible accident.But I feel megan felt she got away with it. I did more time than her for petty drug charges. She was given 9 months. I feel a bigger punishment is living with what happened but that can't apply to someone who isnt remorseful. But how do we know how she truly feels because none of us are her. I came across this article after talking about some of the people we were locked up with. I've changed my life around and am now doing a lot better. But I do admit I think I cried harder and felt more pain after hearing the story than she did and I think the main thing she was concerned about was her punishment.I just hope she learns a lesson And changes her ways. And does something positive from all this. Hearing that post about her touching herself and all that sick shit. Is disgusting and ridiculous.not cool especially if it isn't true.

Rest in peace young man. And my condolences to the family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Jul '16 Greater Good 2
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) May '16 Laura 23
News DA: Investigators 'getting close' to arrest in ... (Apr '11) Feb '16 iknowinfo 7
News Dallastown schools suspends accused mom (Oct '08) Sep '15 friendofafriend 54
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Dallastown grad Lindsay Erin tours York County ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hailey 1

Dallastown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages