Fat Daddy's wrongful death suit settled for $795,000

Full story: The York Daily Record

A seven-year-old wrongful death suit against Fat Daddy's Nightclub and Bar, its owners and six bouncers has ended in an arbitrated settlement for $795,000. That agreement calls for the nightclub's insurance carrier to pay that amount to the estate of David A. Potter Jr., specifically Potter's two children.
Comments
1 - 20 of 100 Comments Last updated May 5, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Steelers

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

That place was/is a crap hole. If not out of business please shut it down.. Trashy people
Lisa

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

the bouncers there think they are something they are not .. and the place is trashy. shut it down. Glad they had to pay for what they did!
meeee

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

my heart goes out to the kids.
trike

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

what makes a place trashy? patrons of course! at first it was very nice. then come the trash and it went to hell in a hand basket.
hmmm

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

This is what's wrong with this country. An animal with a medical condition shouldn't have been running his mouth in the first place. Whether you like this bar or not, the bouncers did their job to boot this animal out, now we all pay for it, when this company raises their insurance rates to cover their loss.
Honest Abe

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
This is what's wrong with this country. An animal with a medical condition shouldn't have been running his mouth in the first place. Whether you like this bar or not, the bouncers did their job to boot this animal out, now we all pay for it, when this company raises their insurance rates to cover their loss.
Sounds to me like you're the one running your mouth!!! The man was leaving with his wife when his wife was attacked. Next his wife is taken somewhere and he cares enough to try and find her. I'm sure he didn't just run his mouth without cause. Sounds to me like Fat Daddy's and the redneck bouncers got off easy!
Crazyness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

It doesn't sound like these bouncers did anything wrong but keep a typical York drunk guy from hurting others in the bar. They didn't hurt him in any way, just held him down until police could take him. This was obviously an accidental death NOT caused by the bouncers.....sad that people are so sue happy these days and taking advantage of sad accidental death in the family and trying to make money off of it. It's sickening. Saying that, fat daddys is filled with the top notch trash of York but that speaks for the people that go there...not the employees. So sad they were punished for doing what was right. If this guy wouldve been aloud back into the bar he probably wouldve hurt someone and then fat daddys would still get sued! I do not agree with this judgement at all....
known

Breinigsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

The bouncers at fat daddys are a bunch of wana be tough guys, seen some of the stuff they do in person. Seen them by themselves and the girl comes out in every one of them. Little girls
hmmm

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

A bouncer has a job to do...you don't have to like their job or their personality. You don't even have to patronize an establishment like that. The bottom line is they did their job, and weren't even prosecuted criminally. Its unfortunate that someone died as a result, but it was a result of a medical condition, not of a savage beatdown.

Sometimes $hit happens, and most of the time, its a series of poor decisions on someone's part that causes it.
drewfafflin

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

the obnoxious onwers should have to pay much more, just for having York put up w thei antics all these years.
LOOO-HOOOOHOOOO-ZERS.
bmoreorioleslove

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

the owner and a few of his bouncers are known wanna be tough guy coke heads...seen them out several times snorted up acting like jacka**es...somebodys gonna punch fatboys ticket oneday! the dress code is really sayn to blacks we dont want ya here but they keep cumn back for the slutty white girls lol hard to resist
Lisa

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

My relative got thrown out of there .. literally THROWN! He was not drunk or causing any trouble.. they just didn't like his halloween costume. Some of you say those bouncers did nothing wrong and did their job? A man was killed.. maybe they should think twice before they use brute force when it's not really needed.. I know after the incident with my relative NONE of us ever went there again.. very uncalled for. Bunch of jerks!
ace ventura

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

drewfafflin wrote:
the obnoxious onwers should have to pay much more, just for having York put up w thei antics all these years.
LOOO-HOOOOHOOOO-ZERS.
thanks for not forgetting about me dude!
been there

Preston, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

This place needs to be closed. dont know who bouncers think they are. They have no training. All they know how to do is gang up on a single person. They should learn how to control a problem patron with out beating them up or killing them.
Tealc

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Lisa wrote:
My relative got thrown out of there .. literally THROWN! He was not drunk or causing any trouble.. they just didn't like his halloween costume.
I saw him, he was dressed like a douche bag that just fell out of a rare roast beef sandwhich. He deserved it!
lol

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

I was going to post about the place needing to be shut down and the bouncers acting like tough guys, causing most of the problems. But it seems like everyone beat me to it. The women that go there are trash too, but I guess I can't blame the bar for that. Still, SHUT IT DOWN.
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

That dump should be shut down.
JustSayin

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Those lawyers should be charged with theft.334k in fees is insane.Stealing money from kids that lost their father!So sad...
bmore4life

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

If a bouncer ever gets out of line with me I will calmly leave and wait until he leaves and follow him home and put 2 in his head and go back home to bmore like nothing happened. I only come to York to slut out white girls and sell them overpriced coke cause their to stupid.
bmoreorioleslove

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

bmore4life wrote:
If a bouncer ever gets out of line with me I will calmly leave and wait until he leaves and follow him home and put 2 in his head and go back home to bmore like nothing happened. I only come to York to slut out white girls and sell them overpriced coke cause their to stupid.
woww u gotta be telling the truth lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dallastown Discussions

Search the Dallastown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 22 min Kernel Sanders 51,192
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Sam 3,817
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... 17 hr Fitus T Bluster 2
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Child safety seat check in Hanover May '14 Just a thought 1
York County Sheriff's Office arrests 20 May '14 Captain Obvious 17
Quarter auctions' illegality takes people by su... (Dec '10) Apr '14 connie 9
•••
•••
•••
Dallastown Dating

more search filters

less search filters