Dallastown school board's budget trim...

Dallastown school board's budget trimming suggestions draw crowd

There are 53 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 20, 2011, titled Dallastown school board's budget trimming suggestions draw crowd. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The Dallastown Area School Board meeting drew a standing-room-only crowd Thursday who talked about proposed cuts and other issues the district faces as it explores ways to make up for a $2.9 million budget deficit for next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Well

Jackson, MI

#41 Mar 24, 2011
When are the D-town teachers going to show they care like the other teachers in the area? do you really care about our kids?!
Oscar

Detroit, MI

#42 Mar 24, 2011
who saw the article about the PA accountants suggestion of having school administration being one county office? A savings of 1.5 billion (that's billion with a B). An interesting read. Sounds like a viable solution to me. A pay freeze is a band aide which will temporarily stop the bleeding. The salaries will certainly come back when the economy improves. We need a long term fix.
well

Jackson, MI

#43 Mar 24, 2011
Oscar where is the article. i don't think i saw anything on that? would that be similar to what they have in Md?
Forward into the Past

Annapolis, MD

#44 Mar 24, 2011
There was ONE County Superintendant for York County (other than York City) until the various Borough and Township schools were consolidated into the School Districts as be presently know them in the 1940's.
Funny

White Hall, MD

#45 Mar 24, 2011
SO the teachers can't take a pay freeze now because it's only a tempory fix. Add that to the long list of excuses.
Unbelievable

Boston, MA

#46 Mar 24, 2011
Funny wrote:
SO the teachers can't take a pay freeze now because it's only a tempory fix. Add that to the long list of excuses.
On the list now! Wow, Southwestern just took a freeze. They are dropping like flies...except Dtown. Don't tell me it's not about Stewart because it is (another excuse).
Oscar

York, PA

#47 Mar 24, 2011
Funny wrote:
I didn't say they cant. Sure they can. it's not going to generate tax revenue though. the amount of money available is fixed. If you think teacher salaries are the only factor in this your kind of naive.
Oscar

York, PA

#48 Mar 24, 2011
well wrote:
Oscar where is the article. i don't think i saw anything on that? would that be similar to what they have in Md?
I think I may have read it on Pennlive. Go on there and search "PA accountants"
Funny

Elkridge, MD

#49 Mar 24, 2011
Oscar wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they cant. Sure they can. it's not going to generate tax revenue though. the amount of money available is fixed. If you think teacher salaries are the only factor in this your kind of naive.
How can anyone possibly be so stupid.
Oscar

United States

#50 Mar 25, 2011
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>How can anyone possibly be so stupid.
Why don't you go play a nice game of hide and go fook yourself? Unfunny. You are right the entire school funding crisis is a result of teachers getting paid too much. Stop drinking the kool aide Stew is serving at the JCC.
Ronaldus Magnus

United States

#51 Mar 25, 2011
Well wrote:
When are the D-town teachers going to show they care like the other teachers in the area? do you really care about our kids?!
I heard some of the teachers were surprised when Dallastown board announced they were cutting the hours and benefits of the teachers aides.

I can hear the talk in the teachers lounge now..."don't cut the teachers aides..what a dumb idea"
Stewy

United States

#52 Mar 25, 2011
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone possibly be so stupid.
Because it's our resident moron.... oscar.
buy-lacoste

Putian, China

#53 Jun 8, 2011
Intriguing details you make right here. If you have any time, take a look at
our website and tell me what you think. All constructive comments would be welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallastown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) May '16 Laura 23
News DA: Investigators 'getting close' to arrest in ... (Apr '11) Feb '16 iknowinfo 7
News Dallastown schools suspends accused mom (Oct '08) Sep '15 friendofafriend 54
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Jun '15 DWI 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Dallastown grad Lindsay Erin tours York County ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hailey 1

Dallastown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallastown Mortgages