Hanover teachers, staff accept four-day furlough

Full story: York Dispatch

Most York County school districts have had some, if not all, of their staff take a pay freeze next year to close budget gaps.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Frank

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Judged:

Love the West York schools, nothing but GREED, never read the newspapers, just their paycheck. I hope Gov. Corbett pulls the plug on these teachers unions soon, then the crap will hit the fan.
Franks Psychiatrist

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

"A" Governor alone CANNOT do that, dummy! You have been reading way too much about Wisconsin and have no idea what you are talkin' about! People that live in 'glass houses' should not talk about OTHERS GREED!
fred

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Eventhough they are taking a 4 day furlough, it is my understanding they get the contracted raise. Just a 4 day furlough on their new pay schedule. Presuming a teacher next year makes $50,000. Presuming the contract is for 190 day, a four day furlough would be $50,000 / 190 days would equal $263.16 x 4 =$1053. I am also presuming this teacher this year made approximately $48,000. With the 1.042% payraise s/he would receive $50.000.$2000 raise minus the $1053 furloughed amount equals a $947 raise.
The district saves, teachers get some money, and less time spent on opening contract talks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dallastown Discussions

Search the Dallastown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 min Fu Man Achuu 51,263
Quarter auctions' illegality takes people by su... (Dec '10) Apr 13 connie 9
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
Pa. man faces over 5,100 charges in rape, drug ... Mar '14 Teddy 2
Scott Wagner pegs high cost of March 18 special... Feb '14 Boss Tweed 2
YDR Opinion: Stan Saylor in the 94th (Oct '10) Feb '14 Send Stanley Sailing 3
Car roof packed with snow? Better clean it. (Feb '10) Dec '13 debbie 22
•••
•••
•••
Dallastown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dallastown Jobs