The end of the world is near - again

May 21, 2011 Full story: Times Leader 33

A California-based radio preacher finds some doubters in local clergy and scholars.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#1 May 21, 2011
This is one of those times and situations where I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#2 May 21, 2011
well we laughed this morning when we woke up. i asked my hubby are you still here... rofl.. this guy is a fraud. he is worth multi million dollars.. and all those billboards are a joke.

he said New Zealand would be hit by a earthquake at 6pm their time. well it is past that time and they are still there.. i did not realize the witnesses said six times wow come on guys.... look at what they are doing. the only ones making off on this are the big guys who sit in their comfy homes laughing to the bank...a great day for the pool family and lots of fun and food!
mike

Mexico

#3 May 21, 2011
unlisted wrote:
well we laughed this morning when we woke up. i asked my hubby are you still here... rofl.. this guy is a fraud. he is worth multi million dollars.. and all those billboards are a joke.
he said New Zealand would be hit by a earthquake at 6pm their time. well it is past that time and they are still there.. i did not realize the witnesses said six times wow come on guys.... look at what they are doing. the only ones making off on this are the big guys who sit in their comfy homes laughing to the bank...a great day for the pool family and lots of fun and food!
You're killing me....I'm at work!
Enjoy your day.

“Gods love ... poured out”

Since: Dec 06

Sacramento

#4 May 21, 2011
Cue the song "Another One Bites The Dust"!

“Make sure of all things”

Since: Jul 10

Milwaukee, WI

#7 May 21, 2011
"The Watchtower Society, more commonly known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses, has prophesied the end would come at least six times since 1914."

This is typical slipshod journalism. Apostapposers throw out all sorts of dates for which we supposedly predicted the end, most of which have no basis in fact. The writer of the article reads these claims, and since it fills out his article nicely, he does no research as to whether it is actually true.

“Gods love ... poured out”

Since: Dec 06

Sacramento

#8 May 21, 2011
StandFirm wrote:
"The Watchtower Society, more commonly known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses, has prophesied the end would come at least six times since 1914."
This is typical slipshod journalism. Apostapposers throw out all sorts of dates for which we supposedly predicted the end, most of which have no basis in fact. The writer of the article reads these claims, and since it fills out his article nicely, he does no research as to whether it is actually true.
The writer could have been given, and maybe was, a vast list of Watchtower Society quotations showing exactly what they "predicted" or prophesied. You could then give the writer a list of your excuses and spins on those prophesies, I wonder what the writer would conclude?
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#9 May 21, 2011
ok stand firm how many times did they predict so we can be corrected why is it everytime anything come sout about the jws it is untrue a lie a false and a joke yet if someone puts up about others .... jws jump at it like a fly going into a pile of crap

hey Mike.... yep we are all here!!!!!!!! enjoy your day.. pool was cold but dinner is on for tomorrow it is supposed to hit 90 here so we switched days...

life is beautiful feel for the two families the one mother in prison now for trying to murder her two daughters yesterday to avoid this day and the mother who kill her child. so sad..

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 May 21, 2011
Must admit, I did respond to an article by an online paper that stated JW's prophesied different dates including 1994; and I was around then and there was no such pronouncement.

So not a matter that they never did it, but to me, at least be accurate when you list their shortcomings.

On another note, my fiancee has been scared quite a bit and I had to reassure her again today (she's still waiting on 6pm EST to be sure), but I really feel bad for those who truly believed it.

How sad..so very sad.
True witness

United States

#11 May 21, 2011
Jehovah's witnesses have not prophecied that the end is today,
Jehovah's witnesses are still telling the people according to the book of Revelation the great tribulation will culminate in the Battle of Armageddon. Rev. 16:16

The great tribulation will start with false religion being attacked by the governments of this world. When the great tribulation does start it will be too late to worship the true God Jehovah.
Zephaniah 2:3

Now is the time to start your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses so you can be prepared for the end of this wicked world, and survive to live in paradise forever.
John 17:3
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#12 May 21, 2011
Alright, I will go along with the pack and leave a pile of clothes outside my local church but you have got to admit, this is pretty twisted and I love it.

“A voice of reason”

Since: Aug 09

Crooklyn

#13 May 23, 2011
StandFirm wrote:
I agree that it's a bit sloppy to say "at least six times since 1914."

However, the fact that this articles (and some others about Camping's failed prediction) include references to Watchtower and JWs highlights Watchtower's well-deserved reputation for "crying wolf" about The End.

Not many people know about the so-called "good news of the kingdom" that Watchtower claims to preach. But lots of people know that Watchtower has falsely predicted The End on multiple occasions.
Reader

London, Canada

#14 May 23, 2011
True witness wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses have not prophecied that the end is today,
I don't know of anybody who is claiming that the JWs thought that the end was to be on the 21st. However, do you find it embarrassing that Camping's message was spread far wider and understood more fully than the one by JWs?
True witness wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses are still telling the people according to the book of Revelation the great tribulation will culminate in the Battle of Armageddon. Rev. 16:16
The great tribulation will start with false religion being attacked by the governments of this world. When the great tribulation does start it will be too late to worship the true God Jehovah.
Zephaniah 2:3
Much more vague predictions, hence much harder to falsify. The JWs have learned from earlier mistakes. So, if a criminal dies 5 minutes before this event, he has gets a resurrection and a chance to live forever? Conversely, if a good, church-going person dies at the beginning of Armageddon and since he was misled about god, even though he believed and practiced honestly, he has no chance of a resurrection. Does that sound like justice?
True witness wrote:
Now is the time to start your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses so you can be prepared for the end of this wicked world, and survive to live in paradise forever.
John 17:3
Studying with the JWs will not teach you the truth about the bible. Go to a reputable school of divinity, Harvard or the like, and learn about the bible the way that scholars do. Learn about it from a devotional point of view, and from an historical/critical point of view. A well-rounded education about the bible is something that the JWs do not offer.

Since: Feb 11

Tucson, AZ

#15 May 23, 2011
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>

Studying with the JWs will not teach you the truth about the bible. Go to a reputable school of divinity, Harvard or the like, and learn about the bible the way that scholars do. Learn about it from a devotional point of view, and from an historical/critical point of view. A well-rounded education about the bible is something that the JWs do not offer.
Not true, Jehovah teaches through the actual brothers of Jesus in the remnant of the "little flock", those whom the kingdom has been given.

Seminaries, and Princeton and the like, are schools teaching the ancient sorceries of Plato disguised as "christian wisdom", when in fact the are the ferment of the Cabbalist Catholic tradition of the demon magi of that day, who live on through the teachings of a truly divided and shattered basis of "truth".

What you have from seminary, just this year, is about 1000 varied interpretations of a book called Revelation, which even after nearly 128,000 tries, they still can't tell what in the heck the Revelation is about. They still ask, what does it mean?

Can you imagine that? We are at Har-Magedon's doorstep, and the churches and seminaries STILL can't figure out even Daniel, much less the Revelation.

That is a clue, a few plaques and certificates from these poor guys, will not save you, nor help you see what Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching about that book for 3 decades. 30 years and a 100 year ministry leading up to that climax. That is the fulfillment of Matt24:14.

The teacher people need is God, through Jesus through his legal brotherhood the remnant of the 144000. All the doctors of divinity divine is a fat tenure, a full social agenda of sycophancy, and a full refrigerator BUT zero spiritual food and NO discernible ministry, you know what I mean?

If you want to sit around with endless metaphysics, schmoozing, and lip service, go to a seminary, if you want the truth, it will come to your door.
Ken

Brandon, Canada

#16 May 23, 2011
Michael2010 wrote:
Must admit, I did respond to an article by an online paper that stated JW's prophesied different dates including 1994; and I was around then and there was no such pronouncement.
So not a matter that they never did it, but to me, at least be accurate when you list their shortcomings.
On another note, my fiancee has been scared quite a bit and I had to reassure her again today (she's still waiting on 6pm EST to be sure), but I really feel bad for those who truly believed it.
How sad..so very sad.
I don't remember everything I heard in 1994 especially if it was nonsense. Though I do know that at least from 1958 I am aware of about ten declarations by various churches announcing the end. The end won't need to be announced because no one will need to remember it.
Ken

Brandon, Canada

#17 May 23, 2011
20571point428571 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Jehovah teaches through the actual brothers of Jesus in the remnant of the "little flock", those whom the kingdom has been given.
Seminaries, and Princeton and the like, are schools teaching the ancient sorceries of Plato disguised as "christian wisdom", when in fact the are the ferment of the Cabbalist Catholic tradition of the demon magi of that day, who live on through the teachings of a truly divided and shattered basis of "truth".
What you have from seminary, just this year, is about 1000 varied interpretations of a book called Revelation, which even after nearly 128,000 tries, they still can't tell what in the heck the Revelation is about. They still ask, what does it mean?
Can you imagine that? We are at Har-Magedon's doorstep, and the churches and seminaries STILL can't figure out even Daniel, much less the Revelation.
That is a clue, a few plaques and certificates from these poor guys, will not save you, nor help you see what Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching about that book for 3 decades. 30 years and a 100 year ministry leading up to that climax. That is the fulfillment of Matt24:14.
The teacher people need is God, through Jesus through his legal brotherhood the remnant of the 144000. All the doctors of divinity divine is a fat tenure, a full social agenda of sycophancy, and a full refrigerator BUT zero spiritual food and NO discernible ministry, you know what I mean?
If you want to sit around with endless metaphysics, schmoozing, and lip service, go to a seminary, if you want the truth, it will come to your door.
I don't get it. How many JW's are there alive today. How many have died over the churches brief history. I have books that are as old as that history. How many more people will join before the end. Add them all together and tell me why anyone would have faith in it. Eternal peace is like your chances of winning a lottery.There are thousands of cities with populations higher than 144,00. You knock on doors, your raise your children as believers, you follow your faith etc and Jehovah probably already has chosen those who will be admitted before you even joined.
Is there an explanation or is Jehovah's 144,000 the equivalent of 2 billion or something. If not I suggest that it at least be explained that way. Why join when a church has not even standing room left.
Hmmm

Aurora, IL

#18 May 24, 2011
The Watchtower Society, more commonly known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses, has prophesied the end would come at least six times since 1914.

I dare ANY Jehovah's Witness to produce one iota of WBTS propaganda that specifically states that they end will not come in any of those 6 times, prior to these dates like 1975, and that followers should stop plummeting their families into poverty by liquidating all assets and savings, and turning over all profits to the WBTS, or any rebates when " the Big A" that was promised, did not come.

Just one.

Tucson, AZ

#19 May 24, 2011
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. How many JW's are there alive today. How many have died over the churches brief history. I have books that are as old as that history. How many more people will join before the end. Add them all together and tell me why anyone would have faith in it. Eternal peace is like your chances of winning a lottery.There are thousands of cities with populations higher than 144,00. You knock on doors, your raise your children as believers, you follow your faith etc and Jehovah probably already has chosen those who will be admitted before you even joined.
Is there an explanation or is Jehovah's 144,000 the equivalent of 2 billion or something. If not I suggest that it at least be explained that way. Why join when a church has not even standing room left.
Not exactly, because a final ministry before the worlds end was foretold.

(Dan2:35)..the wind carried them away so that no trace at all was found of them. And as for the stone that struck the image, it became a large mountain and filled the whole earth.

(1Pet4:7)..But the end of all things has drawn close..

(1Pet1:20)..but he was made manifest at the end of the times for the sake of YOU

(1Pet1:9)..as YOU receive the end of YOUR faith, the salvation of YOUR souls.

(Heb1:2)..at the end of these days..

(Luke21:9..but the end does not occur immediately..

(Matt24:6)..but the end is not yet..

But eventually AFTER Jesus Christ died, was resurrected, became king, began conquering, and completed his conquest: The End.

(Matt24:14)..And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

And further, another "end"?

(1Cor15:24)..Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.

But in the meantime, there is indeed an end of the Adamic wicked world:

(1John2:17)..Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.

(2Thes1:9)..These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction..

(2 Peter 2:3). . .But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.

(2 Peter 3:7). . .But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.

And faith is the conquest with an end reward for the heavenly Kingdom flock:

(Rev2:26)..And to him that conquers and observes my deeds down to the end I will give authority over the nations. . .

===

So, we cannot know God's process, we do know that the majority of the centuries of "churches" were tribal war houses, and therefore not true Christians, the popes are examples of men professing Christ, but it is all about themselves, worldly power, and various occult practices "sanctified" by an organized sham and idol engineering global, as an example.

We know that as well, was foretold:

(2 Thessalonians 2:3). . .Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

And it includes the metaphysics and magi of mainstream Xtendom as an institution which continues to serve the war houses, and to teach the opposite of what the bible teaches.

This in itself would require exposure in all fairness of God's warning, and actually helps people compare these mass confusions against one clear truth for a global witness, then the end would come, after Jehovah's witness work is complete:

(Matt24:14)..And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

So it takes time, but not that long in the overall 6000 year issues raided in Eden concerning God's sovereign rights.

Tucson, AZ

#20 May 24, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
The Watchtower Society, more commonly known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses, has prophesied the end would come at least six times since 1914.
I dare ANY Jehovah's Witness to produce one iota of WBTS propaganda that specifically states that they end will not come in any of those 6 times, prior to these dates like 1975, and that followers should stop plummeting their families into poverty by liquidating all assets and savings, and turning over all profits to the WBTS, or any rebates when " the Big A" that was promised, did not come.
Just one.
(Matthew 24:36-37). . .“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

Sometimes they got a little too anxious, many people chose to ignore the above, they had good intent, they just forgot a basic truth, made errors, an fixed the mistakes.

No man knows the day...
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#21 May 24, 2011
This Camping should be put in Jail.....Now he's predicting yet ,ANOTHER, date.

In other countries he would be locked up.

This is a real mockery.

Well, he has to face Divine Justice.

TPMP

“Why do Jw's LIE?”

Since: Oct 09

Me And The Love of My Life,Jay

#22 May 24, 2011
"Not true, Jehovah teaches through the actual brothers of Jesus in the remnant of the "little flock", those whom the kingdom has been given."

Dude u can't be serious?
OMG!
Tell me u don't beleive the speakings of The father of the LIES satan The devil the GB & WT??
I pray Not, as these IMPERFACT men LIED to you and you been "HAD"...
Call it a bad Joke, that Can mean your everlasting life...
these Crazy Fools have been Liers and Liers of the liers for since they started ..
They are a Plain JOKE...
When Jehovah Finally does "CLEAN HOUSE" bet he fits a many "SPOT" in that Old Building they hide behind...
Would NOT want to be them, LYING In the Name of Jehovah is a serious sin...think about that....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Ed Swindell 3,996
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 9 hr Sad 51,485
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Pringle fire Chief Aug 21 Jim 1
Pringle vo-tech can save money on heating and c... Aug '14 Jim 1
Attorney General Kane announces Mobile Street C... Aug '14 LongSchlongJuan 8
Police: Baby was in car during drug deal Aug '14 sick of it 1
•••
•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dallas People Search