North Gaston Football. How much worse is gonna get?

Posted in the Dallas Forum

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Oct 24, 2011
Tired of losing

Gastonia, NC

#1 Sep 7, 2010
I'm not trying to say we've ever had any kind of real winning tradition....We've had our years that have been better than avg. but to go and watch the disgrace that takes place week in and week out right now is just down right embarrasing.
WildCat

Gastonia, NC

#2 Sep 7, 2010
We get out there and try some games are bad but day in and day out we try so watch what you say...
Bball Coach

Gastonia, NC

#3 Sep 7, 2010
There is no reason to put a team down for losing. At least they get out and try. I know exactly how these boys feel. I played football for a high school in TN that has always had issues with losing football games. When I graduated in 1992, our record at the end of that year was a total of 70-0. That's right, the school had not won a game in over 7 years. We constantly had to put up with crap from everybody that wasn't on the field with us. However, we were out there day in and day out giving it our best. The school to this day still has problems and just last year ended another 7 year losing streak. As much as you might want to see your team win, please don't put them down because they don't. At least they are out there trying.
Tired of losing

Gastonia, NC

#4 Sep 7, 2010
Bball Coach, 70-0 would mean that your team had 70 wins and 0 losses 0-70 would mean they had not won a game is 7 years, so maybe that was the problem if you don't even know which order wins and losses go in maybe you should'nt have been playing in the first place. And WildCat. Sometimes "trying" isnt good enough. Just trying is when you don't practice and prepare like you should.....Then you go out on Friday nights and "Try" to win. It's not b/c we don't have any players, There are some talented kids on the team, and some talented kids in that school that are not on the team. The bottom line it takes a leader to drive them to be competitive. There have been a few coaches that have been there and been able to do that. They did'nt sit around and wait on a team to come to them, they built one with what they had.
Bball Coach

Gastonia, NC

#5 Sep 7, 2010
Excuse me for making a simple mistake. I guess I do not need to respond to someone who is so perfect as yourself.
Tired of losing

Gastonia, NC

#6 Sep 7, 2010
I'm not perfect...nobody is. But that's not a mistake. That's not knowing what you're talking about. You don't mix up 70-0 and 0-70 by mistake. They are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. What's worse is that your screen name has the word coach in it.
Bball Coach

Gastonia, NC

#7 Sep 7, 2010
No, what is worse is that you have to be a jerk because someone made a simple mistake and got some numbers in the wrong order. I admitted that I made a mistake, but you have to keep on and on about it. You can't just let someone make a mistake and drop it. Here is a news flash for you. Just because someone makes a mistake when talking does not mean they do not know what they are talking about.

Instead of sitting back judging people, and talking like you know so much about winning, why not go out and coach yourself? I'm sure they would be happy to have you out there helping out as much as possible. Or are you another one of those people who sit in the stands and talk about what should be done, but will not lift a finger to help?

That is why you see the word Coach in my name. I do not just sit back and complain about a team winning, or losing. I decided to help make a difference in some people's lives, and not sit back and point fingers. Just because I got a set of numbers reversed does not mean that I do not know what I am doing, or talking about.

Now, I'm going to be the better person and end my part of the conversation here because I'm sure you are one of those people who feel that you must always have the last word, so when I do not respond to whatever you have to say to this post, you will know why. I'm not sitting here and replying over and over to someone that wants to keep on and on about a simple, stupid mistake. Good day!!!
Tired of losing

Gastonia, NC

#8 Sep 7, 2010
Ok, "coach" just remember when you're keeping your records the Win column is on the left and the loss column is on the right.
I feel you

Gastonia, NC

#10 Sep 8, 2010
Yeah I had a kid that was on the 07 team, This coach that is there now doesn't have a clue.
NotAcoach

Charlotte, NC

#12 Oct 12, 2010
Bball coach, you sound like the parent that coaches a coach pitch team to a state championship and thinks they are all of the sudden Joe Torre. You haven't got a clue about athletics past Daddy Ball.
Daddy Ball loser

Gastonia, NC

#13 Oct 13, 2010
Seems like someone hit a nerve with Bball coach. But seriously 70-0 and 0-70 how do you mix that up.
unknown

Gastonia, NC

#15 Oct 4, 2011
If you do not play on the team there should be no reason for you to talk about it. you have no idea of the effort that is put in during practice and the difficulty of learning a new offense.
wormy

Gastonia, NC

#16 Oct 4, 2011
tyler brooks is a leeader
tyrone shoe laces

Piedmont, SC

#17 Oct 10, 2011
north gaston is a school of thugs now.
Anonymous

Dallas, NC

#18 Oct 22, 2011
hey listen here, if you was out there with us everyday practicing your ass off every day like me and my team mates, then you wouldnt be sayin that! Sure we may havent won in 4 years, but at least we try! So shut your mouth! If you wanna talk junk about our team, then you get your sorry ass out there with us and just see if your still talkin junk after that!
NGfootball fan

Gastonia, NC

#19 Oct 24, 2011
This program will start getting better now that Patton is there and this sorry class of seniors is gone. Did anybody see a few of them show their butts Friday night?????? Clasless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr Franklin 58,804
do married women like to cheat? (Jul '08) 4 hr Alfred 347
Pop Warner football 7 hr Mthollywood 9
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... 20 hr linthead louie 1
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Wed cgj 68
rail trail (voices) motz ave side lincolnton, nc Wed mikemike 1
Passion Grill set to open for lunch Wednesday (Jan '14) Aug 15 gsomerset 5
•••
•••
Dallas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••